Ratatouille: L'Aventure Totalement Toquée de Rémy

Started by The Butlin Boy, October 12, 2007, 10:19:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

Well I'm still confident that there won't be a Ratatouille ride the next 4 years...

5 Years perhaps????  :wink:

Captain Pan

Quote from: "raptor1982"Well I'm still confident that there won't be a Ratatouille ride the next 4 years...

5 Years perhaps????  :wink:

Now there's a reason for the very wide speculation of four/five years... Either Raptors seen the parks 'Five Year Plan' or he's using common sense that we newbies are still learning...

Development mind you might be a reason... It Took Toy Story Mania if you listen to the article 3 years of development to get it to where it is today in the American Parks. There isn't a Ratatouille Ride elsewhere in a Disney Resort Worldwide... Therefore the design concept isn't something that can be copied like 'It's a Small World' or The Tower of Terror. and will be unique

Financial... Walt Disney Studios are getting a Narnia replacement on Armageddon, Playhouse Disney is also in the middle of development, we've just seen French Rules and Regulations Sky Rocket the development costs of the Tower of Terror Unlike the American The French Tower was constructed using concrete rather than steel at a total cost exceeding €60 million., Stitch Live along with the development of the Toon Studio with Crush's Coaster And Cars Race Rally... It's been a busy few years for the Resort with the 15th Celebrations Beginning and Continuing 'Big Time'. Maybe they need time to allow the settling of these attractions before adding another series of attractions! Or Maybe Disneyland itself is being given some TLC as its hasn't really had anything shiny and new to scream about like the Studios have with TOT and Stitch Live! other than New Shows and Parades!

One things true though... When The Shareholders get the confirmation that Ratatouille is going to get its moment in the Park; Raptor will be first on the Scene relaying the information he's tortured out of some poor victim and then we can scream and shout about it at the top of our voices!

Yesitsme

Quote from: "Captain Pan"One things true though... When The Shareholders get the confirmation that Ratatouille is going to get its moment in the Park Raptor will be first on the Scene relaying the information he's tortured out of some poor victim and then we can scream and shout about it at the top of our voices!

and if he turns out to be wrong and they build a Ratatuoille ride in 09/10 we can all point and laugh at him for getting it wrong! (Kidding! :))

pussinboots

Well sure, I too trust Raptor's judgment. Can't say I'm not a little disappointed -- a while ago Alain Littaye hinted at an Indiana Jones Adventure in 2012, and now instead of that we'll have to wait that long for this C-ticket dark ride? But I'm sure he has his reasons for saying that.

All I was trying to clear up was that, through this CNBC article, we can pretty much trust that WDI is working on this attraction somewhere. This doesn't necessarily mean we'll see it anytime soon, though: there are also newspaper clippings from the early '90s boasting that both a Beauty and the Beast attraction and a Little Mermaid ride were just around the corner, and that something called the "Disney-MGM Studios Europe" would open no later than 1995. They weren't lying or repeating empty rumors; the Walt Disney Company promised them all of this.

Kristof

Who ever said something about just a C-Ticket?

pussinboots

Someone on Disney Central Plaza -- one of those people who know someone at WDI or similar -- said it would be "in the league of Snow White and Pinocchio". Which doesn't have to be reliable, obviously.

Kristof

Yes, but his source was a CM who works backstage, not at EDLI.

Someone else replied that it would be a big ride.  And yes, that person got that from me.  BUT that's all I know as well.

pussinboots

Well, that sounds promising. Not Indiana Jones Adventure promising, and there will still be a few "gap years" ahead of us in any case... But still.

Yesitsme

Raptor is there anything else you can confirm about this attraction?

Is it planned for the area behind art of disney animation? Have there been any hints of what type of ride it will be? rumours are describing it as a typical fantasyland dark ride but it sounds 'bigger' in scope than that.

As much as I want this ride I was hoping we might get IAJA in the main park for 2012!

Kristof

Like I said before, I only know it won't be a small Fantasyland attraction, instead, it will be bigger.

dlrp_bopazot

apparently GrandMath on DCP had seen the Test Balloons that you also had before the Crush's Coaster Constructions Started to measure and see from outside the height of the Building .

So that means there is a good chance for at least a building but now what's inside the bulding .  The Test has been made right behind Ar of Disney and Tram Tour on the green grass .  

That is funny how the Disney Management wants to fill up every empty space in the Park except expanding the park beyon Tram Tour .  Remember the Full Capacity of the park is like 23 ou 24 000 .

Kristof

Quote from: "dlrp_bopazot"apparently GrandMath on DCP had seen the Test Balloons that you also had before the Crush's Coaster Constructions Started to measure and see from outside the height of the Building .

So that means there is a good chance for at least a building but now what's inside the bulding .  The Test has been made right behind Ar of Disney and Tram Tour on the green grass .  

That is funny how the Disney Management wants to fill up every empty space in the Park except expanding the park beyon Tram Tour .  Remember the Full Capacity of the park is like 23 ou 24 000 .

We are discussing the balloon tests in another topic since those tests are not related to the Ratatouille attraction.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4655

Owain

Quote from: "dlrp_bopazot"That is funny how the Disney Management wants to fill up every empty space in the Park except expanding the park beyon Tram Tour .

Offtopic but i'd prefer them to fill up the empty spaces of the park first and then work on expanding outwards beyond the park. How bad would it look if the park was spread further back with TOT in one place, and then Toon Studios in another. With all patches of land ready for future placements spliting lands and paths up.

Clarebelle

:offtopic:
Does more attrations = more capacity for the park or less, if so surely thats not a good thing?
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

MagicStar

Think about, that we just got a fantastic E-Ticket. The Tower of terror.
And as long as we don´t know how Ratatouille will exactly look like - lets wait a be happy that Disney already has plans for the future. And for me: It doesn´t matter how Ratatouille will be like. Crush isn´t an E-Ticket, too. But it is so much fun!
And attracts so much guests!!!
[size=150]Let\'s put the Walt back in Disney![/size]