Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (2011)

Started by lil-shawn, October 07, 2007, 12:34:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

Be aware that the bonus features on this disc are so scarce that they actually list Timon & Pumba's guide to 3D and some Lego shorts (???) as an extra.

• Audio Commentary by director Rob Marshall
  • Bloopers of the Caribbean
  • LEGO Animated Shorts: Captain Jack's Brick Tales
No really, that's it. And no, the bloopers aren't even funny.

In the US they have a 5-disc set (Blu-ray 3D, 2x Blu-ray, DVD and Digital Copy) with these extra extras:

• Legends of On Stranger Tides
  • In Search of the Fountain
  • Last Sail/First Voyage
  • Under the Scene: Bringing Mermaids to Life
  • Deleted and Extended Scenes with Intros by director Rob Marshall
Disney really couldn't be bothered with this film, could they?

The Helmsman

I noticed that yesterday and I was shocked. I honestly didn't expect that! I didn't check on the bonus features when I ordered my copy, because of the previous movies and their awesome bonus content. I'm really disappointed...why on earth would they do such a thing? The US gets so many features (where the movie actually did awfully bad) and the rest of us get nothing?? Is there a place where we could send an official complain? I hate it when we are being treated as 2nd rate customers.
~It Be Too Late To Alter Course~

CafeFantasia

I just rented this from LOVEFiLM and I noticed the same thing. The bonus features are non existent. Bloops of the Caribbean was the only genuine bonus, and I personally found it more enjoyable than the whole film!

I think "Info" was also listed as a bonus feature, which is basically a screen of text. Very exciting :-)