Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (2011)

Started by lil-shawn, October 07, 2007, 12:34:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lil-shawn

now it is official confirmed, they wanna make the fourth movie of pirates of the caribbean!!

Quote"the ending of Pirates 3, the fountain of youth story might not be the only story they might used the next pirate's film. The fountain story could used in another form to introduce the story for Pirates 4... the next film might be a departure from the same formula of the last three movies as well, meaning that Jerry Bruckheimer could be planning to enter the realm of Science Fiction this time around and it could be the heart of a new trilogy with Jack Sparrow and his crew of misfits. Some of the brainstorming going around involves some Jules Verne type of scenarios involving some pretty big flying machines, a man who wants to rule more than just the ocean, a encounter with the most famous and dangerous pirate of all, a race to get to a lost world (Hint, Hint) and Jack and his crew going to where no pirate has gone before (No, its not space but Disney had made animated movie about this place before with Michel J Fox voicing one of the characters)."

-breeno-

Sounds interesting but does anyone eles think that it won't be as big as the previous POTCs.  I don't know why just i have a feeling, not that it won't be any good, that it won't be as popular.
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

Owain

I think they should stop with the trilogy they have !

Disneyana

Quote from: "Owain"I think they should stop with the trilogy they have !

Yes me too. I love POTC, but you know even with 3 movies I had the thought that it got worse and worse. The first one was awesome, the 2nd great, the 3rd just only good, so the 4th could only be ok. They really should stop, otherwise it's getting boring.
Oh Boy ! \":mickey2:\"

suzie

please NOOO!, not a 4th movie, the 3rd one was already a big dissapointment for me, I gotta say tho Atlantis does sound cool to do a movie with
"Cause I found some kind of fairy...tale"

GeoffD

whats the source by the way?

But should be intresting, i don't know how they can carry it on though.

lil-shawn

the source i dont know, a friend of me give me the link, i have to ask her again...

hmm i dont know i feel a 4th movie will be great becaus the 3rd one have a stupid end...

BlueClouds

I LOVE potc but i do feel a 4th movie could spoil the trilogy. (although i have to confess i would like to see it). :lol:
Yo ho, Haul together, hoist the colours high
Heave ho, thieves and beggars, Never shall we die!

mehdi5

I am a huge fan of the Pirates movies but it would have been ok with me if it ended with At World's End. Although maybe the 4th one will be extremely awesome :D

Kristof

Quotenow it is official confirmed, they wanna make the fourth movie of pirates of the caribbean!!

Wait a minute, did I miss something?  :?   Who and when was POTC 4 confirmed?

Owain

Quote from: "raptor1982"
Quotenow it is official confirmed, they wanna make the fourth movie of pirates of the caribbean!!

Wait a minute, did I miss something?  :?   Who and when was POTC 4 confirmed?

I agree, i read that the kiera knigtley has quit on POTC because she wants a change.

lil-shawn

@raptor1982

a frind give me an link on a german site and they stand it is official that they wanna make the 4th potc movie...

i don´t know is it right or not but it sounds like it is right...

Owain

From wiki;

QuoteIn February 2007, after filming was completed on Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End, screenwriter Terry Rossio said he and Ted Elliott may try to write a screenplay, though "It's like the fourth Indiana Jones picture — there are forces in play to make it happen, and forces in play to make it not happen."[1] Director Gore Verbinski is aware that Walt Disney Pictures would like to keep the franchise going, but regarding his involvement, feels, "The big danger is diminishing the brand... it would have to be a tale worthy of telling."[2] At a recent book signing, Berkeley Breathed, who is working with Verbinski on a film, suggested that "[Verbinski] is sick of pirates" and would prefer not to do another.[3]

Producer Jerry Bruckheimer has indicated interest in a spin-off,[4] but was exhausted by the trilogy's production.[5] Disney has reportedly made tentative plans to shoot a fourth film in 2009.[6]

Johnny Depp has stated that he would love to play Jack Sparrow for another trilogy "if they had a good script."[7] Keira Knightley has stated that she does not wish to continue playing her character of Elizabeth Swann as she wants to do different projects.[8]

Nala_84

Quote from: "Disneyana"
Quote from: "Owain"I think they should stop with the trilogy they have !

Yes me too. I love POTC, but you know even with 3 movies I had the thought that it got worse and worse. The first one was awesome, the 2nd great, the 3rd just only good, so the 4th could only be ok. They really should stop, otherwise it's getting boring.

Totally agree with you, Owain and Disneyana! That's totally my opinion and they should reckon that they should not exaggerate...
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Anthony

I don't think Keira will do a fourth, since she got such good reviews for Atonement, she'll probably want more "serious" roles. And perfume ads. :wink:

Since the Elizabeth/Will story wrapped at the end of At World's End, it seems to me like it will probably all depend on whether Johnny wants to return with a new surrounding cast...

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000136/

He seems to be quite busy up until 2009/2010. Also looks like he's going back to the dark films after his Willy Wonka phase.