Disney Facts On A Must Know Basis!

Started by Javey74, September 12, 2007, 01:53:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Javey74

For the first eighteen years of his life, the voice of Mickey Mouse was provided by Walt Disney himself.  For the next forty years, it was provided by James MacDonald, who was head of the sound effects department at Disney's Burbank Studios. Among the problems he had to solve was how to produce the sound of a shimmering spiders web!  :shock:  

For more than sixty years, Donald Ducks voice was provided by Clarence Nash, who died on the 20th February 1985.  He also did the voices for Huey, Dewie and Louie, Donald's girlfriend Daisy, Jiminy Cricket, and for some of the dogs in 101 Dalmations. Talk about talent!  :shock:

If you notice Daisy Ducks voice is higher than Donalds. This was done by Clarence Nash recording the words, then the sound engineers would slightly speed up the recording to give Daisy a more feminine sound!  :shock:

Donalds full name if you didn't already know is, Donald Fauntleroy Duck.  Fauntleroy, is taken from the type of sailor suit he was commonly seen in.  He first appeared on our screens in 1934 in his debut "The Little Wise Hen"!   :shock:

Disney was an obsessive perfectionist.  He ordered the entire animation of Snow White to be redrawn five times, doesn't seem too bad, but consider this.  Snow White, the worlds first animated full-length feature in colour, took 750 artists and inkers three years and two million drawings to complete.  Only one-eighth of these were used in the final eighty-three-minute film!  :shock:

Snow White's body movements were based on a young dancer named Margie Belcher!  :shock:

Too end on a stranger note, Disneyland saved a war between the Soviets and the Americans............In 1959, Disneyland was closed down for the day to allow Nikita Kruschev, the then Soviet Premier, to visit.  The only other visitors present were security men and some carefully screened celebrities.  Kruschev had threatened to end peace talks with the American government unless he got his outing!  :shock:  :shock:

And just when you thought you'd heard everything!   :P

Lozzie

Woww!! I've never heard of those before! Thanks for sharing :)
"Indian Chief Indian Chief, clap clap, peekaboo peekaboo, bleeeeeeeeehhhhh"- Had that in my head ever since i saw Following the Leader with Peter Pan!

tubbsy

QuoteToo end on a stranger note, Disneyland saved a war between the Soviets and the Americans............In 1959, Disneyland was closed down for the day to allow Nikita Kruschev, the then Soviet Premier, to visit. The only other visitors present were security men and some carefully screened celebrities. Kruschev had threatened to end peace talks with the American government unless he got his outing!  

I knew a few of these facts but that last one is just, well, crazy! Can you imagine if it had made headline news?

"War was prevented to day by Mickey and his gang!..." Very bizzare! :shock:

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

-breeno-

Wow i've never heard of any of those facts before well done :D
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

RnRCj

Some very interesting fact there! :D I don't think I knew any of them :wink:

suzie

I'm reading a biography of Walt Disney right now, and there or  tons of interresting facts in there, a bit too much to post here, I'd like to advice everybody who's interrested in man behind the magic to read this book

How to be like Walt  by Pat Williams
"Cause I found some kind of fairy...tale"

suzie

ok I'll give you one, Walt liked to walk around Disneyland and of course check everything, at first his face wasn't that famous yet so no one would really notice him, sometimes he would stand behind an icecream bar, he was actually known for giving the biggest scoops!
"Cause I found some kind of fairy...tale"

TowMater

I thought Mickey's voice was Wayne Allwine.
"To all who come to his happy place, Welcome" - Walt Disney

Previous Disney Visits

DLRP  | May 2001           |Newport Bay
WDW  | October 2004    | Calabry Parc Villas
WDW  | October 2006    | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | May 2008          | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | August 2008      | All Star Movies
DLRP   | November 2008 | Explorers Hotel
WDW  |August 2009       |Pop Century

Anthony

Quote from: "TowMater"I thought Mickey's voice was Wayne Allwine.
Quote from: "javey74"For the first eighteen years of his life
Mickey was born in 1928, Wayne was only born in 1942! I still think it's incredible he met his wife (who plays Minnie!!) at the recording sessions...

andrewg112

Ive been finding out that in disneyland in america above the mainstreet usa firehouse is walts own private appartment. He and his family often stayed there overnight and walt could look over into mainstreet from this appartment. At one point through the Jungle Cruise you are very near the appartment and when guests were staying there there were often stories of children running to the ride and jumping out at the visitors. There was always a lamp in the window that was left on when he was in there so cast members had a warning the boss was around and to this day the lamp is left on to symbolide walts spirit still being there. There was a fire pole that one child once climbed up and caught walt relaxing, it was sealed up after that. Its the only sleeping appartment in any of the disneyland parks, and i find this amazing
-Andrewg112-
We can achieve our dreams, if we have enough courage to persue them!

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "andrewg112"Ive been finding out that in disneyland in america above the mainstreet usa firehouse is walts own private appartment. He and his family often stayed there overnight and walt could look over into mainstreet from this appartment. At one point through the Jungle Cruise you are very near the appartment and when guests were staying there there were often stories of children running to the ride and jumping out at the visitors. There was always a lamp in the window that was left on when he was in there so cast members had a warning the boss was around and to this day the lamp is left on to symbolide walts spirit still being there. There was a fire pole that one child once climbed up and caught walt relaxing, it was sealed up after that. Its the only sleeping appartment in any of the disneyland parks, and i find this amazing

Thanks for posting that, it is very interesting :)  =D> Where did you find out about this?

Captain Pan

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"
Quote from: "andrewg112"Ive been finding out that in disneyland in america above the mainstreet usa firehouse is walts own private appartment. He and his family often stayed there overnight and walt could look over into mainstreet from this appartment. At one point through the Jungle Cruise you are very near the appartment and when guests were staying there there were often stories of children running to the ride and jumping out at the visitors. There was always a lamp in the window that was left on when he was in there so cast members had a warning the boss was around and to this day the lamp is left on to symbolide walts spirit still being there. There was a fire pole that one child once climbed up and caught walt relaxing, it was sealed up after that. Its the only sleeping appartment in any of the disneyland parks, and i find this amazing

Thanks for posting that, it is very interesting :)  =D> Where did you find out about this?

On Demand in Virgin Media there is a whole Disney myths and Legends section... Where they uncover this fact...

But from What I heard and reported quite a while before this post... Is that Walt was not at Disney at the time... But Then I can be wrong...

The Series of Myths and legends looks into the Idea that there is an underground town under Walt Disney Resort... Which Turns out to be the Staff Network below WDW, preventing Frontierland CMs turning up in Tomorrowland

And Wether or not there be a Basketball Court in Anaheim's Mountain which Holds the Matterhorn.

And it also follows the Story of a Performer preparing for the Launch of Disney's Pirates and Princess event, from Casting to the Opening Night

Or and by the way...
There is! in the final 3rd of the mountain, bearing the Original Disneyland Coat of Arms on the Backboard! Walt Built it as a way of boosting morale of CMs on the ride! and the Climber (including Mickey) that have Scaled the Mountain!

Javey74

Did You Know...

There is an actual "Mickey Mouse Plant"  :shock:  :o  

Check out the fruit of this plant below>>

Now check out the Mickey Ears for sale inside Disneyland  :!:

So is this art imitating life? Or life imitating art?  :o  :D

burntsienna

Though that plant/fruit thing is a really interesting thing to look at...I can't helped but be disturbed by its smushy look lol! it looks like a cherry thats gone moldy  :lol:
But its so cool so that doesn't matter  :mrgreen:
"I could be the Alice to your Wonderland"

andrewg112

There is a lot of information about Walts studio apartment, i even found a video and a 360 photo thing. Its all decorated in the style of the firehouse below, there are loads of stories and facts about it, one being that when Walt was there the fire truck was pulled out onto mainstreet so that it was a lot quieter for Walt and his family, and occasionaly friends stayed there

for those who know about orange county its on their website ( the 360 tour and video)
http://www.ocregister.com/multimedia/disneyapartment/
-Andrewg112-
We can achieve our dreams, if we have enough courage to persue them!