The Old Mill - Return Of?

Started by ICHAPMAN, August 29, 2007, 11:30:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RockNRoller

Seen it full of presents but never going, if the views are as good as you say I say dump the presents and get it going. Love being able to take photo's from on high, views you wouldn't normally see.
DLRP 2000,01,02,03,04x2,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,13, 14, 2015 (Booked)

"Pumba, not in front of the kids"

PetiteSirene

Sorry for sounding a little dumb, but what kind of ride was the Old Mill? I assume its some sort of ferris wheel type ride? I asked my Fiance who used to work there a few years ago but he couldnt tell me either :S

I don\'t know when, I don\'t know how, but I know something is starting right now.
Watch and you\'ll see, someday I\'ll be Part of Your World.

Feb 2001 - Paris
Sept 2008 - Santa Fe
Dec 2008 - Cheyenne
Feb 2009 - Sequoia
September 2009 - Disneyland Hotel

minnielover

It was very much like a small Ferris Wheel with buckets as seating areas very quaint in design but gave great views over Fantasyland

PetiteSirene

Quote from: "minnielover"It was very much like a small Ferris Wheel with buckets as seating areas very quaint in design but gave great views over Fantasyland

Ah thankyou very much :)

I don\'t know when, I don\'t know how, but I know something is starting right now.
Watch and you\'ll see, someday I\'ll be Part of Your World.

Feb 2001 - Paris
Sept 2008 - Santa Fe
Dec 2008 - Cheyenne
Feb 2009 - Sequoia
September 2009 - Disneyland Hotel

pjulie75

I was on the ride 1992 and 1993 but in recent years the ride has been closed.  I am puzzled though why they would have a ride out-of-service?  Surely, it can't be cost - it is such a waste to invest in ride and not have it operating.  It doesn't look like it would need many Castmembers to run it.  With the park being so busy, another ride would be perfect.  Bring back The Old Mill :-k

Gillburt

Well, just got back from a 5 day visit to DLRP, and the Old Mill was not turning.... and there were not even any signs of them trying to get it working. :cry:

Parkfisch

Quote from: "pjulie75"I was on the ride 1992 and 1993

It opened in 1994.  :lol:

pjulie75

#-o Well I am totally confused, I have been to WDW quite a few times when I was younger, I wonder if they have it there and I am in a total muddle.......I was convinced I had been on the ride - oh well, sorry (it must be my age?!). But I still would like it open :wink:

Timbo

I went on this a couple of times,the views were great !! across the park and into the countryside beyond!
As I recall the ride was closed because it was very low capacity and very slow loading,and it took 2 cms who could be better used elsewhere.I think I read that it was originally meant to be built for Disneyland [California]when it opened but was never realised !

EDDY

I know this Topic is a little bit old, but the Old Mill has had  technichal failures in the 90th´s so they closed it because of the high cost for refurb and technichal updates ( also not many capacity and high operating cost for CM's and Technichal Updates. Another Reason were the long Queue Times , back in the years of operating it was normal to wait more than 45 Minutes for a 1 Minute Ride ! Load and Unload needs longer than the Ride itself so that was also a reason to close it ! ). All these reasons together are the one reason why the Old Mill or Les Piourettes de vieux Moulin will "maybe" never return and only be used for Christmas presents and to sell snacks in the Old Mill House.  :(
Let us hope that they will keep up refurbing Alices Curious Labyrinth, because if not we will soon have 2 Attractions lost forever because of the savings trip from DLRP...!

Sorry for using "Reason" sooooo much ;)

eddy :D
[size=80]1997 - July (my first visit ever!!! =) DLP\'s 5th Anniversary
2005 - September
2007 - March
2007 - September
2008 - February
2008 - March - Day Trip to Stitch Live Preview
2008 - May
2008 - September
2009 - February/March
2009 - March - Day trip - St. Davids Day
2009 - August - 18th Anniversary =)
2009 - 2010 - December/January
2010 - May [/size]

//http://www.filmparade-kanal.tk

Mr_B

Such a pity ....

I've been to DLRP many times and this is the only ride I've never been on  :cry:

As people have said I would imagine great views over the park.

Sad to see a ride reduced to a pure prop.

Mr_B
From the mansion on the hill
Shrieks of laughter break the still
Ghoulish figures start to wake
Makes your knees begin to quake

DLRP - We\'ve been there one or two times .....

Mr_B

Such a pity ....

I've been to DLRP many times and this is the only ride I've never been on  :cry:

As people have said I would imagine great views over the park.

Sad to see a ride reduced to a pure prop.

Mr_B
From the mansion on the hill
Shrieks of laughter break the still
Ghoulish figures start to wake
Makes your knees begin to quake

DLRP - We\'ve been there one or two times .....

LilysDad

Agreed.  It looks quite ugly with the tarpaulins draped over the buckets.  If they're going to leave it as a prop then for a few euros it could be spruced up surely .... (I'll stop now otherwise this post will get moved to Imagineering  :wink:  )

Mind you, the same goes for the Magic Tree, where the fruit seems to be withering & decaying and looked less than magical when I saw it yesterday  :cry:

Disneyland Paris Treasures

Quote from: "LilysDad"Agreed.  It looks quite ugly with the tarpaulins draped over the buckets.  If they're going to leave it as a prop then for a few euros it could be spruced up surely .... (I'll stop now otherwise this post will get moved to Imagineering  :wink:  )

Mind you, the same goes for the Magic Tree, where the fruit seems to be withering & decaying and looked less than magical when I saw it yesterday  :cry:

Magic Tree? What Magic Tree??

LilysDad

Quote from: "Mobi"Magic Tree? What Magic Tree??

Its a snack/coffee booth in Fantasyland.  If you walk from the magic beanstalk towards small world, its on your right hand side. One of the touches that adds to the overall feel of the land; it has a tree with all sorts of fruit (grapes, lemons, oranges, apples) all growing on the same branches.

In French its called L'Arbre Enchante

(apologies for going off topic)