Pirates of the Carribean | official topic

Started by Owain, January 05, 2007, 12:41:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hommi16

hehe great news. Was wonderin the last 2 times I've been there, why it doesn't work anymore..... so finally they made him alive!!!
dec. 23rd-jan 2nd WDW

DisneyAlba

Hello everyone,

Two friends of mine were in DLP the weekend before last. POTC was closed for refurbishment. Apparently they were told this was because POTC was being updated to include figures from the third Pirates movie. Can anyone tell me if this is true??

(Or perhaps something along these lines was already posted somewhere else, in which case I just made a blooper... ;) )
You can take the girl out of Scotland, but you can't take Scotland out of the girl.

Kristof

Hehe told by who?

Nala_84

Wow, how "sure" is that? That would be so great, hopefully the rumor's right :)!
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "raptor1982"Hehe told by who?

Raptor, is there something you're not telling us?  :wink:  :lol:

-breeno-

It would be great if this rumour is true  [-o<

What exactly were your friends told?  Were they told hope long POTC was closed for?  If it is closed for just the weekend i can't see a big refub including movie figures happening in so short time.
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

Patrick

Erm the attraction has reopened, it was closed until December 1st, that was just for the annual refurbishment it goes through every year :lol: .

Soap

Quote from: "PATMAGIC"Erm the attraction has reopened, it was closed until December 1st, that was just for the annual refurbishment it goes through every year :lol: .

And so no major updates i guess  :P
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

DisneyAlba

Quote from: "Soap"
Quote from: "PATMAGIC"Erm the attraction has reopened, it was closed until December 1st, that was just for the annual refurbishment it goes through every year :lol: .

And so no major updates i guess  :P

Aw, bummer... Ah well.

I didn't get a clear answer (yet) on how the news was communicated to my friends, btw. It did raise my eyebrows as I did not hear of it on this forum... But still I was hoping it might be true. ;)
You can take the girl out of Scotland, but you can't take Scotland out of the girl.

WaltDisneyFanBoy

I love the DLRP version. I have never been to WDW. So, i don't no if that version is better, or not

Kristof

Grandmath has launched the rumour yesterday that the big novelty for Disneyland Park next year will be... the movie layover for POTC.  I'm curious if Jack will make it to the ride this time for real, and not just on fan message boards.   :wink:

experiment627

Quote from: "raptor1982"Grandmath has launched the rumour yesterday that the big novelty for Disneyland Park next year will be... the movie layover for POTC.  I'm curious if Jack will make it to the ride this time for real, and not just on fan message boards.   :wink:

Oh please... just let it be another fanboy rumour! Keep Jack out of "Pirates"... and if they want to do something with the movies, why don't they finally fix "La Cabane..." before it crashes down into the Adventureland lagoon...

Grandmath

Hehe, I've not stated that new AA will join POTC, I said essentially that they'll create new experience out of what is already existing in the park, around a central theme for the year. Some fans jumped on the old POTC rumor, and they may be correct, but that may not be the sole possibility. ;)

experiment627

Quote from: "Grandmath"Hehe, I've not stated that new AA will join POTC, I said essentially that they'll create new experience out of what is already existing in the park, around a central theme for the year. Some fans jumped on the old POTC rumor, and they may be correct, but that may not be the sole possibility. ;)

So, you mean there are plans for "it's a small world: Mission 2"?  :wink:

Anyhow... it's great to hear that they might address some areas in the park - let's just hope they're the right ones... (Adventure Isle comes to mind... so does the post-show area for Star Tours... or the unused Castle Stage...)

Anthony

For me, giving Adventure Isle some tie-ins to the films and some of the well-Imagineered props and games from Pirates Lair at DL Anaheim seems the biggest possibility. It'd follow on from the Woody's Roundup movie overlay very nicely.

Gluing some of the leaves back onto La Cabane would be nice too. :P