Dlrpfan

at long last! i though that there was something missing when i went
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

Parkfisch

Quote from: "raptor1982"They're now programmed to not to touch each other with their swords.

And that's what I mean. In 1997 there was a "Pirates of the Caribbean" documentary on the French/German TV Channel "arte", where the "realistic sword fighters" were proudly mentioned as a technical innovation that had not been possible before the 1990s. And I still remember that this scene was much  better in 1995 than today.

It's not good as it is now. There's just the noice of the swords, but you see they don't touch each other.

Anthony

Fun Fact: (Just been reading Tales from the Laughing Place)

The swinging pirate is actually exactly the same figure as Tarzan (Johnny Weissmuller) in Disney-MGM's Great Movie Ride. :) I wonder if he has the same problems there?

The Butlin Boy

Thats interesting!

It's so good to hear that the swinging pirate is back and working again :D

Soap

WOW, good to hear that the pirate is swinging again!! Surely missed him the last couple of times! " Yo-Ho Yo-ho......"
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

madame_leota

fab!! im glad they fixed the swinging pirate! it hasnt been working when i have been there since october of last year. Im glad hes back!

Mathizsias

Ill confirm this, they did however leave an emergency light on for a day or so, when I was there.
"It\'s been said that Disneyland will never be complete, in fact, I said it, there will always be something new and unusual." Walter Elias Disney, 1961

disney_donutter

I amm really chuffed, that poor little dude always breaks! lol

Lozzie

aww yayy!! I really missed him!
"Indian Chief Indian Chief, clap clap, peekaboo peekaboo, bleeeeeeeeehhhhh"- Had that in my head ever since i saw Following the Leader with Peter Pan!

Soap

Well he was swinging like he never did before! POTC looked really nice and clean  :D  YOHO
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

MSW

Finally!
It was fitting there. Now the ride is almost complete: Still 1 problem.
When I went to POTC in July/August the drunk man's throat (There are much, but I mean the one on your right side before you see those barrels on a rope.) but his throat is a bit 'loose'. You can see a piece of plastic skin hanging under his chin  :shock: . Looks a bit scary too!   :P

Disneyana

Quote from: "MSW"Finally!
It was fitting there. Now the ride is almost complete: Still 1 problem.
When I went to POTC in July/August the drunk man's throat (There are much, but I mean the one on your right side before you see those barrels on a rope.) but his throat is a bit 'loose'. You can see a piece of plastic skin hanging under his chin  :shock: . Looks a bit scary too!   :P

Iiiiihee, they reaaly should fix this soon. How ugly! :P
Oh Boy ! \":mickey2:\"

Japper

Yeah I saw that too! Plus the dogs keys are gone :S

disney_donutter

How Poo! I wonder where they went? maybe the pirates finally managed to reach them... lol

MSW

BTW, if POTC gets an make-over inspired by the movies,
They could use the swinging technique for the ghostly dress in POTC2:DMC!