Lava Lagoon

Started by Kristof, August 02, 2007, 01:46:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

If you understand French or if you can read Babelfish English, you should visit this new article on Webcot about the once planned aquatic park.

http://webcot.free.fr/articles/lava_lagoon.htm

Thanks Ant.

Soap

Maybe a brief report of the most important facts of it for us foreigners?????  :oops:
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Owain

Quote from: "Soap"Maybe a brief report of the most important facts of it for us foreigners?????  :oops:

Yess please.

Right now im just looking at the pictures !  :)

Kristof

http://babelfish.altavista.com/

In short: the project was going to be fairly small.  Lava Lagoon was not supposed to be open for everyone, only for Disney Hotels guests and AP'ers.  It should have opened a couple of months after Disney-MGM Studios Europe and Space Mountain in '95.

Anthony

I hope they've saved these plans somewhere safe...

Like raptor says, it's actually a fairly small project. Well designed and very detailed inside, but not as over the top as other EuroDisney projects. Maybe one day, if they build a few new hotels first... :)

The position of it is funny too - just at the junction where everyone on the pink buses would see the massive volcano dome and then realise they can't visit because they're not staying at a Disney Hotel. :lol:

Parkfisch

I remember the discussion in 1999, when the project still wasn't dead. In a Forum someone askend, when it's going to be open. Another one answered "2006". Reaction: "Then I have to wait 7 years  :cry: ".
 :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Well, this project seems to be cancelled, but I think there should be a real water park one day. For all guests ( not only Disney ) and with a story like Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach. And of course it should be indoor. That means that there can be a small area which is open in summer, but there shouldn't be important attractions ( only the sun  :wink:  ). Slides, Theming and Restaurants should be completely indoor - all in Disney perfection as usual.

Kristof

The article also mentions that another Disney Hotel with a tropical theme would be constructed not far from Lava Lagoon.

Anthony

A Paris version of the WDW Polynesian, I guess?

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/re ... andingPage

It even has a volcano-themed pool...

Riebi

I like the idea of a water park! And also Lava Lagoon! And I can only hope that they make another high themed hotel. Something like Polynesian would be great!
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Owain

And its good theyve positioned it close to Cheyenne and Santa Fe, the 2 hotels without pools.

Imagineer

Water park in marne la vallé?! I don't see it as a good idea. There are 30 sunny days a year in there, that's the reason why there aren't any water attraction in the parks. I think imagineers had this same thought.

Kristof

2/3 of the park would have been inside.  The outside part would only  be open during sunny days.

There's hardly sun in Belgium either, still there are multiple subtropical pools.

Owain

Quote from: "raptor1982"2/3 of the park would have been inside.  The outside part would only  be open during sunny days.

There's hardly sun in Belgium either, still there are multiple subtropical pools.

Wood of the central volcano and slides be under cover ?

Soap

Hmmm...i think this would be indeed a great addition to the parc and to the hotel area. I think with all the extra attractions, and the expansion on the visitors, there also should be a new Hotel :D This would seems like a good and lovely idea.
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney