Second new attraction in 2014 - denied by Disney

Started by Josh, March 14, 2012, 01:11:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

Quote from: "ed-uk"Thanks, just to point me in the right direction, is that on the NPB Club side of the resort?
Yes. Here's an incredibly rough and probably completely inaccurate map of where things might vaguely go:

The 3rd park being the roughest element of that map. It has always been vaguely pinpointed there, but I can't understand how it'd really work in terms of access, parking, park hopping. They'd need to build the park out quite fully for people to bother travelling all the way over there.

Personally I'd love the water park to still go ahead, but Euro Disney SCA seem to have completely forgotten about it. I think it's exactly what they need to get people to stay an extra night and really consider this a "resort".

To bring this back to the Studios, the Backlot Hotel plan was a very interesting possibility.

Lorum

Great map! I'm sure you noticed what I thought while I were making the previous map. Euro Disney SCA has enough space even to build a 4th park.
"If you can dream it, you can do it"

DLRP Roundup!

If Disney really wanted, they'd quite easily get a third, fourth and fifth park in the amount of free space around them, it'd ruin the elegance of the DLRP circle but if it were in demand enough they certainly could, outside of WDW its probably the most flexible of all resorts for expansion.

I agree with Anthony, I went for 5 days - I probably wouldn't go for as long again unless there was either a third park or a water park to keep me a bit more occupied.

As a side idea, they could shift the massive car park too and run trams like WDW, the space there alone could form another park and it wouldn't be "that" expensive.
The Roundup
News | Forum | Gallery | Waits | Crowd Forecasts

Anthony

Quote from: "Trekkie101"As a side idea, they could shift the massive car park too and run trams like WDW, the space there alone could form another park and it wouldn't be "that" expensive.
Yes, the current car park would make a good spot for a smaller third park. As well as more accessible, it'd be able to share more backstage facilities with the other parks. I suppose it depends how many people they think the resort hub can handle. It's crowded already even with a half-built second gate. Add a third and it might become unbearable, concentrating the resort too much on that one spot.

dagobert

Quote from: "Anthony"
Quote from: "Trekkie101"As a side idea, they could shift the massive car park too and run trams like WDW, the space there alone could form another park and it wouldn't be "that" expensive.
Yes, the current car park would make a good spot for a smaller third park. As well as more accessible, it'd be able to share more backstage facilities with the other parks. I suppose it depends how many people they think the resort hub can handle. It's crowded already even with a half-built second gate. Add a third and it might become unbearable, concentrating the resort too much on that one spot.

I thought the same and that's why I think it's best to build a new park somewhere else. In my opinion the hub can't handle a third park. It's getting to crowded and that would be a security issue.

ed-uk

Thanks for posting the map, Anthony. I wonder if the 3rd park will ever happen and what the theme would be? Please let it not be Marvel themed.
Ed & David

Josh

I wonder how people would get to the third park from the carpark? Chances are that we'll be the first standard Disney resort to have a third park, so I can't think how it would happen when everything is meant to be no further than a 20 minute walk away. I guess hotel guests would be able to walk there, but how would you get there from the car park? There would need to be some sort of transport.
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

PrincessA

Quote from: Vegitabeta on March 14, 2012, 01:28:46 PM
I would be totally ok with losing Animagique.  Replace it with Philharmagic, it is essentially the same story anyway.  Armageddon can crawl away and die somewhere as far as I'm concerned.  Ok that is a little harsh, but it is taking up valuable space.

Hey, is it needs to be something to do with SFX, how about a re-creation of the 20,000 Leagues squid fight? <!-- s:D --> :D <!-- s:D -->

Hahaha! Ok, that really made me laugh! But I do agree, Armageddon is a fairly pathetic attraction. I would be ok if they replaced it with a more entertaining simulator.

SGregory27

Will Armageddon have to go now that Jerry Bruckheimer and Disney have parted company???

2016-Cheyenne
2015-Sequoia Lodge Honeymoon Suite
2015-Sequoia Lodge GF Lakeside
2014-Sequoia Lodge- Hubby's big 30
2013- Newport Bay- 1st time with kids 4y &1y
2008-Sequoia Lodge
2005-Sequoia Lodge - Got engaged
2004-Sequoia Lodge
1999-SL

Ravenseye

Quote from: SGregory27 on September 21, 2013, 09:08:18 PM
Will Armageddon have to go now that Jerry Bruckheimer and Disney have parted company???

Very good point! I hope so as Disney Die Hards seem fed up with it and even my fiance, who was visiting for the 1st time, was not interested in proving me right or wrong with this one!  :D
Disneyworld 1990
Disneyland Paris 1996, 2002, 2004, 2013, 2014...

SGregory27

The only thing is its good to warm you up on cold days

2016-Cheyenne
2015-Sequoia Lodge Honeymoon Suite
2015-Sequoia Lodge GF Lakeside
2014-Sequoia Lodge- Hubby's big 30
2013- Newport Bay- 1st time with kids 4y &1y
2008-Sequoia Lodge
2005-Sequoia Lodge - Got engaged
2004-Sequoia Lodge
1999-SL

Kristof

Quote from: SGregory27 on September 22, 2013, 11:43:24 AM

Armagddon will soon close without a replacement, but I don't think this is related to Jerry Bruckheimer quiting Disney. Remember the Pirates movies are from his company too.  ;)

orangarnold

Quote from: Kristof on September 22, 2013, 12:19:12 PM
Quote from: SGregory27 on September 22, 2013, 11:43:24 AM

Armagddon will soon close without a replacement, but I don't think this is related to Jerry Bruckheimer quiting Disney. Remember the Pirates movies are from his company too.  ;)

Hurrah! No Johnny Depp add on! Good thing the movies were based on the rides not the other way round. I love PIrates

Japperboy

If They want more marvel in the park, why just not change the theme of armageddon to a marvel theme like the avangers. They could have the same effects, but with the voices of the marvel heroes. The avengers who save the world from Loki's revenge or something like that. I'm not really a marvel fan, but i think that's maybe a good 'cheap' sollution for the problem of armageddon. Althoug i prefer a more disney kind attraction like Phillarmagic.
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. Walt Disney