What makes Disney the best for you?

Started by Maarten, July 09, 2007, 05:34:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Owain

When im in Disney it feels like im in another world that i would only be able to dream of. I go hyper like ive just had loads of red bull or sugar because im so excited im in disneyland. Im 14 and i still run to the characters and love going on the fantasyland rides :P. Its a place where no one cares what age you are aslong as its magical for you.

Hommi16

Quote from: "Parkfisch"
Quote from: "Dark_Prince"Don't you just love it when you see that first road sign with Mickey Mouse

These signs should start at 100 km distance, not at 22 km (as it's now ) !  :lol:

I also love it when I get in the car at home and know about 10 hours later I'm in dlrp. My trip starts at home and i really enjoy the ride.
In 1995 I think the signs started a few 100 km before the exit right???
dec. 23rd-jan 2nd WDW

Flounder

Quote from: "Hommi16"
Quote from: "Parkfisch"These signs should start at 100 km distance, not at 22 km (as it's now ) !  :lol:

In 1995 I think the signs started a few 100 km before the exit right???

Well, that depends from which direction you arrive. If you arrive from the direction CDG coming from Belgium (which is Northeast) you can spot the first signs shortly after Parc Asterix which is approx. 40 miles away from the resort.

swity

When I am in Disneyland its just the whole atmosphere that is fascinating me. I forget all my problems and I am just happy. Its not because the have the best rides or something like that....Its just the complete package.The great rides, the nice music, the Disney characters and the love to details.
And by the way Owain, I am 18 and I also love the characters and the rides in Fantasyland. :wink: But as you said...The age doesnt count. :D

ynwa19

Im 25 years olad and married. The stress and starins of life in the jobs that me and my wife have our left behind the second we leave the house to go to Disneyland.

We always drive down as we never know how much stuff we'll be bringing back and we dont have to worry about weight limitations. The drive from Calais-DLP is good and we really get caught up in the spirit of Disney.

By the time we get there, bags get thrown into the hotel room and we head straight for the magic kingdom to enjoy ourselves.

We get some funny looks when we tell people that we are going to DLP on holiday for a week, but who cares, I love it.

Parkfisch

Quote from: "Hommi16"In 1995 I think the signs started a few 100 km before the exit right???

Maybe that's true for the connection from Strasbourg. When we travel by car, we always use the route from Saarbrücken ( Sarebrouk in french ? ), because it's cheaper and easier to drive.

dlrpdudette

I think the thing I like about Disneyland is that, although it is reletively expensive, it is an experience, it is a THEMEpark. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE theme parks, but disney is true engineering.....sorry I mean Imagineering, using the technology of theme parks but with the extremely detailed elements of anything disney.
July 2001 - Disneyland Resort CA - Offsite ~ August 2004 - DLRP - Santa Fe ~ March 2006 - DLRP - Cheyenne ~ January 2007 - DLRP - Sequoia Lodge ~ August 2007 - WDW and USF - Offsite ~ June 2008? - DLRP? - Santa Fe?

Grumpphil

Expensive relative to what?  Apart from anything else it is unique so can't really be compared to any other experince but we are going over Christmas becuase I was amazed to discover that it is much, much cheaper than any other holiday I can find over Christmas.

Even if we want to spend 2 days in a coach going to Austria or Switzerland for a few days we still end up paying over £400 each and the kids would hate it.  If we stayed in a hotel in England for 3 nights over Christmas it would be even more.  We can spend 3 nights at Disney including our meals, ferry and petrol for much less (staying in Cheyenne - I admit some hotels are more expensive but we like Cheyenne).

Anyway, back on topic - What makes it special for me is that we all feel the magic all the time we're there. Even my son who is an honourary teenager most of the time (he is one for real next April) turns back into a little boy once he gets to Disney and is as delighted as the rest of us.  There are no arguements or bad tempers even when we're tired.

suzie

Quote from: "ynwa19"Im 25 years olad and married. The stress and starins of life in the jobs that me and my wife have our left behind the second we leave the house to go to Disneyland.

We get some funny looks when we tell people that we are going to DLP on holiday for a week, but who cares, I love it.

You're lucky like your wife likes Disneyland just as much as you, when I get married one day, my husband has got to be able to deal with my Disneyland addiction  :lol:

Anyays why Disneyland, there's so much more to Disneyland than just a theme park, words can't explain
"Cause I found some kind of fairy...tale"

RockNRoller

I just love the place, no matter what is going on in the outside world as soon as I step off that Eurostar its forgotten. How many other holidays give you that. Also love that Disney is more than just a ride, every ride is a story and I always spot something new.
DLRP 2000,01,02,03,04x2,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,13, 14, 2015 (Booked)

"Pumba, not in front of the kids"

dlrpdudette

Quote from: "Grumpphil"Expensive relative to what?  Apart from anything else it is unique so can't really be compared to any other experince but we are going over Christmas becuase I was amazed to discover that it is much, much cheaper than any other holiday I can find over Christmas.

Even if we want to spend 2 days in a coach going to Austria or Switzerland for a few days we still end up paying over £400 each and the kids would hate it.  If we stayed in a hotel in England for 3 nights over Christmas it would be even more.  We can spend 3 nights at Disney including our meals, ferry and petrol for much less (staying in Cheyenne - I admit some hotels are more expensive but we like Cheyenne).

Sorry, I guess I call it relitiverly expensive since this year I am attempting to save up to visit next summer, and as a student with no job and the only money I receive is "pocket money" from my parents, it seemed expensive to me although, the way you have presented it there, doesn't make it seem so expensive.
July 2001 - Disneyland Resort CA - Offsite ~ August 2004 - DLRP - Santa Fe ~ March 2006 - DLRP - Cheyenne ~ January 2007 - DLRP - Sequoia Lodge ~ August 2007 - WDW and USF - Offsite ~ June 2008? - DLRP? - Santa Fe?

giuly09

I am 45 so not a young girl anymore but the Magic Pixie Dust just gets me.
It's not just being into a Theme Park, it's living the Magic and a special atmosphere. I was not afraid to queue for a picture with Mickey or Minnie, i was not afraid to have a breakfast with characters even if we were the only table of just adults.
And i think the Pixie Dust got my 21 years old son because he told his 14 years old brother to be more interactive with characters lol

It's expensive there but Theme Parks in Italy are too and believe me they cant compare with just a small part of DLP.

Pinkradleygirl

What a brillant thread.

The magic of Disneyland is that no matter what your age or nationality, for the time you are at Disneyland you become a child again with no cares or worries apart from what fantastic ride or parade or show you are going to do next.

No other theme park can create that magic feeling as you walk through the gates and see the castle and Main St. It doesn't matter if it's your first visit or your hundredth, nothing beats that moment.

javascript:emoticon(':stitch_bounce:')
Stitch bounce
DLP 2004 - Davy Crockett
DLP 2006 - Davy Crockett
DLP 2007 - Sequoia Lodge
DLP 2008 - Disneyland Hotel

Anonymous

After my trip a couple of weeks ago, I have to say that it's the castmembers who make Disney so magical.

I really had special treatment, and whether it's from the castmembers in City Hall or those who monitor the parade, to the hotel staff or the characters like the Princesses, they really pull out all the stops to make it  a magical experience.

I was in a very difficult place emotionally when I was there, and they pulled together and made it a magical day for me and got me back on track so I could carry on and get through the rest of the week.

I'll never forget what DLRP castmembers did for me on 19th September, and I can never thank them enough. They went above and beyond the call of duty and made my dreams come true.

EmoK

I love the fact that you can go to a Disney resort and spend 3/4/5 (whatever) days there and not go on any of the big thrill rides yet not feel ripped off.

Any of my local theme parks are all rides, rides, rides. and if you spend £40 on getting in and then don't go on any rides you leave thinking "what did I spend that money on?"

Plus, Disney brings out your inner child!  :D   :D/

[/url]