Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast (8th April 2006)

Started by Anthony, March 14, 2005, 12:46:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kris

Yeah, some extra form of promotion would be cool for the ride and DLRP. Yes, Tokyo had a Buzz float in their new parade for that year, plus a huge plaza show full of floats and characters from the 2 movies (and extra characters. Unfortnately the whole design was hidious and it looked very cheap having a mad water fight in front of Sleeping Beauty Castle, but was a nice touch to combine a new attraction with a new piece of entertainment  :P

Those pointy things really are, um, evil-looking. They spoil it, just when I thought the current colours-cheme was subtle enough to fit into Discoveryland  :cry:
Grab a balloon, come on let\'s go!

Kristof

DLRPmagazine.com has posted the first screenshot from the coming Laserblast website.

The site will be launched Feb 7 and will feature an interactive game.  Winning guests will be invited on the official opening night on April 7.

Anthony

Looks good!  It sounds like it'll be quite similar to the SM:M2 website last year.  I just hope that people actually receive their prizes this time.

Kristof

La Roquine on Disney Central Plaza brings bad news.

The CM costumes for the ride will be the same as the regular Discoveryland ones, but with a Laserblast patch attached to it.

Two reasons why
1. Budget
2. Because Discoveryland is a community where everyone wears the same outfit (but what about Hyperion Café and Pizza Planet?)

Anthony

That's a shame - it might detract from the excitement of having a new attraction if the CMs are all wearing the same (ugly) costumes that they've had for the last 14 years...  :(

Here are some great new photos by "wicketnic" on Disney Central Plaza:

I dislike the green roof a bit now.  And those green and red spikes look horrible.  But I still like thost satellite dish things...  :)

Anthony

Safety tests to take place on 3rd & 7th February 2006
Translated from the article from http://www.dlrpmagazine.com

On the 3rd and 7th February 2006, 220 Cast Members will have to chance to get a special advance preview of the new Disneyland Park attraction Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast, as the safety procedures of the attraction are officially tested.

To briefly explain, on these date dates a full series of evacuation exercises will take place in the early afternoon with the attraction at full capacity, so that the external safety examiners can check that all the required measures for safety are fulfilled and the attraction is ready to be used by the general public.

Kristof

We got the new Thomas Cook DLRP brochure today.  It looks aweful (as usual) compared to DLRP's own.  Anyway, Buzz gets a lot more attention in the Thomas Cook brochure then the official Disney-one.

Anthony

LOL!  That does look pretty rubbish...  :lol: But it is good to see that they're giving a lot of space to Buzz.  I think they should have done that with the official brochure really.  I can't understand why they always keep it to such a minimum - a new attraction is the best advertising tool they'll ever have!

We usually get some surprisingly nice brochures for the resort in the UK, but I haven't really picked any up for 2006 yet, so I'm not sure what the Buzz-coverage is like.  Strangely, our Thomas Cook brochure is always quite nice (they put DLRP in their "TC Signature" range though...).

I'll let you know the second I see some Buzz advertising myself!  :D

Kristof

Here's an interesting photo.  It's taken at Constellations, through a glass door.  The plastic covering the door was loose.

Anthony

VERY interesting photo, thanks Raptor, nice investigating skills!  :D

I can't quite position it in terms of the building though... are those purple zig-zagging roof supports part of the new entrance canopy?  If so, then I can work out where this is.  And I'm surprised at the amount of space behind that entrance canopy!  It seems they're giving the ride a nice, big queue, exactly like the one in the original plan.  :)

Kristof

The entrance is getting more covered.

Source: Joel / DCP

Anthony

Ooooo!  The anticipation builds...  I wonder what the final logo design will be?  It could make or break the attraction entrance...  :?

I still think that - so far - it looks nice.  Those lime green spikes haven't appeared yet, at least!  :lol:

Anthony

The first piece of Laser Blast merchandise:

photo from ptimax on DCP forum.

I like it!  :D  I guess the logo was meant to be green (not yellow) and purple afterall...  :wink:

Anthony

Work on the entrance of the ride has sped up quite a bit, probably in anticipation of next week's Cast Member testing day!

They're still working on the new entrance canopy, but the new photos below also show that they're begun to lay out the new outdoor queue line for the ride.  There's concrete edging in place, layout out an area for plants which will split the new outside queue area from the main Discoveryland walkways.  These photos also show a rather horrible lavender-coloured wall, as well as really highlighting just how much closer to the main walkway of Discoveryland the new entrance is.  Whilst the Le Visionarium entrance was tucked away in the corner, this one is right in your face as you enter the land...

More: http://www.dlrp.fr/actularge.php?id=379

If you notice anything I didn't mention above then please let us know - it doesn't have to always be me giving these updates!  :wink:

Any comments about those photos?  That lavender wall... [-X I really hope it's some kind of base colour....!!   #-o

Kristof

OH MY GOD.  Can someone please confirm that this photo is fake.  :(