The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror

Started by Anthony, March 12, 2005, 04:50:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Owain

Quote from: "experiment627"Concerning that random drop sequence : I've ridden the elevators in all of the three shafts and as far as I could tell it was the same drop profile in each one of them...

And yes, I've been on the Florida version of the Tower...

So is it better or just as good as the florida one ?

experiment627

Quote from: "Owain"So is it better or just as good as the florida one ?

It's an amazing attraction... that's all that matters to me.

Should anyone think of our ToT as being better or worse than any of the other ToTs, then I wouldn't argue with him or her...

Anthony

It's great to hear these comments of "amazing attraction" and comparing it to Pirates of the Caribbean quality... really, the most important thing is what the Tower means for Walt Disney Studios, forget the others. And comments like that are a dream for any park!

Quote from: "Nath"To be honest I don't know why they don't just add it now. Sure they may want to add it at a later date to add more intrigue, but programing those PLC's doesn't come cheap. Maybe they should get all of the different sequences programmed in now while they still can for 'free' and then in a few years just start using them.
It will probably become much cheaper once they do it for DCA, and can simply "copy across" (of course it's not that simple) the random program. It definitely wouldn't be more expensive than the extensive work they did for Indy or SM:M2, it just depends whether DLRP think they'll get an increased guest count on the back of it. It's good to know they've got that option waiting there anyway, for whenever they have a dry spell in new attractions (certainly not for a while... :) ).

Nicholas-c

I cant wait for the opening! in april i might book a few weeks off work and go for a little trip

(if i work xmas eve i get 2 weeks extra holiday) so i should use them at some point!
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

Japper

Check out this picture from the Filmparade:

It says Daymode! I wonder what the difference is between day and (night?)mode? :)

The Butlin Boy

I don;t know about that one :?

Just look at this picture from Joel:

:o WOW WOW WOW! It looks amazing! :D
Link

Anthony

Quote from: "Japper"It says Daymode! I wonder what the difference is between day and (night?)mode? :)
It could be controlling anything I suppose - lights, music... Or maybe we'll have a Rockin' Tower of Terror. :lol:

Raptor1982 sent me a message saying they just spotted Jay Rasulo and Karl Holz in the park today, on their way to test Tower of Terror!  I bet that was an awkward meeting...

Jay: "So, how's this place been since I left?"

Karl: "Well, look at this amazing Tower of Terror and Hollywood Blvd, that should tell you..."

:P

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "Baloo"Raptor1982 sent me a message saying they just spotted Jay Rasulo and Karl Holz in the park today, on their way to test Tower of Terror!  I bet that was an awkward meeting...

Jay: "So, how's this place been since I left?"

Karl: "Well, look at this amazing Tower of Terror and Hollywood Blvd, that should tell you..."

:P

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Anthony

Jay: "What do you mean?! It was under my control that the park got the Toilets of Terror!"

RnRCj

That is a beautiful photo! :D

I was just wondering - Do the blue lights move or are they just still?

seanmartina

Booked months ago, for the 8th December after my visit in july, will my fantasy pass get me on the soft opening on the 8th December or is it dream pass holders only... because i think i would buy a dream pass just to get on lol...

arno-hh

Quote from: "Japper"Check out this picture from the Filmparade:

It says Daymode! I wonder what the difference is between day and (night?)mode? :)

Hi in the Disney Filmparade they say at the moment of you picture "this machines behind me are show-controll-computer! they store all the light, sound and mechanical effects!
So maybe light effects or random fall sequences?

I am so excited!

Nicholas-c

jay & karl are who ?  :?  :oops:
July 2009 - All alone

Patrick

Jay is Jay Rasulo, the head of Disney Parks and Resorts Worldwide, and also used to be the CEO of EuroDisney SCA in the early 2000's.  Karl is Karl Holz the current CEO of EuroDisney SCA :wink: .

Nicholas-c

Quote from: "PATMAGIC"Jay is Jay Rasulo, the head of Disney Parks and Resorts Worldwide, and also used to be the CEO of EuroDisney SCA in the early 2000's.  Karl is Karl Holz the current CEO of EuroDisney SCA :wink: .

ah, the "big wigs" then :P hope they enjoyed it! (if they didn't he could just say "knock it down, start again"
July 2009 - All alone