The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror

Started by Anthony, March 12, 2005, 04:50:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

-breeno-

Quote from: "never2old"I have a question regarding the Tower (not sure if it's already been posted before, so sorry if it has).

It's a huge building, what else (other than the lifts) is in there??

Well there is the queue line which goes through the lobby, two libraries and the boiler rooms.  The after the lift shafts there is a corridoor which leads to the ToT shop at the exit :)
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

never2old

Thanks Breeno!

And there's nothing else? It just looks so big, it feels that the ride is just a small part of it... The bit of top of the tower, above the lift shafts, I guess that's all machinery?

How many lifts are there?

Willow

There are 3 ride shafts.

All the machinery is below the bulding, such as the computers and the main ride system but the motors are above. Much of the actual ride system is in the basement. The whole system makes it one of the most technological rides in the world, its not a simple drop from the top of the building as the ride vehicle is pulled.

Nicholas-c

Its just a ride basically. Lobby (Queue), Libary (Show room), Boiler room (More queue and loading areas). The rest is 3 rides in one basically, And then you have all the stuff to run the rides
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

never2old

thank you very much for your help guys, ever since I first saw the tower being built, I wondered about it...  :D

Magic M

"THE RIDE IS IN CONTROL"

I've just this morning picked up a brouchure for Leger Coaches under the Tower Of Terror blurb it reads "the ride wasn't like that last time..." and "this time the ride is in control".

This seems to echo the tag-line of the American ToT where it states "The Tower is in Control".

Have they improved the running of the ride?  Giving it a randomly generated thrill?

Willow

I think its just marketing speak in the sense that you aren't in control of the elevator like you normally would be, the various Twilight zone forces are.

Our Tower does have the capability of the random drop sequences but they won't press that button for a good few years yet until they need a cheap/free "new ride" or a marketing push, similar to the Indiana Jones: Backwards, but cheaper.

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "Willow"I think its just marketing speak in the sense that you aren't in control of the elevator like you normally would be, the various Twilight zone forces are.

Our Tower does have the capability of the random drop sequences but they won't press that button for a good few years yet until they need a cheap/free "new ride" or a marketing push, similar to the Indiana Jones: Backwards, but cheaper.

I think that's true. I can't see them using it yet, the earliest would probably be for the 20th anniversary, but that's still pushing it a bit. They've only just open the ride itself, if they want it to make the most of it's potential, they'll have to wait a few years for the current hype to die down a bit :wink:

Disneydavid

Just something small but : you k´now .... why are there só much elevatorboys and girls. Otherwise : bellhops. I think it breaks the illusion a bit. what about you?

DLP MP3 - The only podcast with onrides RIGHT from the Resort! With ToT ,SM:M2 , Crush\'s Coaster , Star Tours, Peter Pan,  Stitch Live , Panoramique , BTM  and Pirates of the Carribbean! !
For iTunes ] and MP3!

Newest episode.... Toy Story Playland The Tour and Rc RACER!

Remco K.

Quote from: "Magic M""THE RIDE IS IN CONTROL"

I've just this morning picked up a brouchure for Leger Coaches under the Tower Of Terror blurb it reads "the ride wasn't like that last time..." and "this time the ride is in control".

This seems to echo the tag-line of the American ToT where it states "The Tower is in Control".

Have they improved the running of the ride?  Giving it a randomly generated thrill?
Tower of Terror in Florida uses a random drop sequence. The drop sequence will be picked by Tower of Terror's computers and nobody can see on forehand which one will be picked. That's why the slogan says "The tower is in control". The new random drop sequence is also refered to as Tower of Terror 4. There have been no updates since this version as far as I know of.

Disneydavid

If you think about it , some other thinks doesnt seem right :

when does a elevator got a double door, when does it goes backworths ... (ok , twilight zone...) and if we are going to the twilight , why do we only drop and isn´t there some dimension gate like in Florida. Tháts why our tower of terror isnt a twilight zone! ;)!
I love the ride , no offence , but it must have a special thing to bring us to the twilght zone and not a simple mirror.

DLP MP3 - The only podcast with onrides RIGHT from the Resort! With ToT ,SM:M2 , Crush\'s Coaster , Star Tours, Peter Pan,  Stitch Live , Panoramique , BTM  and Pirates of the Carribbean! !
For iTunes ] and MP3!

Newest episode.... Toy Story Playland The Tour and Rc RACER!

Bettan

I want to look in the shop that is at the exit of the ride. But can I go in there "backway" if I don't dare to go on the ride itself?  :oops:

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "Bettan"I want to look in the shop that is at the exit of the ride. But can I go in there "backway" if I don't dare to go on the ride itself?  :oops:

Yes, you can :)

However, I'd really recommend that you do try the ride, it may look daunting but you'll never know if you like it or not until you try it. It's incredible, a must-do! :wink:

experiment627

Quote from: "Bettan"I want to look in the shop that is at the exit of the ride. But can I go in there "backway" if I don't dare to go on the ride itself?

For all DLRP rides goes: if you decide not to ride the very last moment, you can still tell the CM that you changed your mind... Almost all big thrill rides do have some sort of "chicken exit", so you can still visit Tower of Terror's lobby and the pre-show area and when you get to the elevator you can quietly exit with riding the attraction.

CafeFantasia

This is a great little documentary: DISNEY FILMPARADE: SECRETS DE LA TOUR DE LA TERREUR. Just posting the link here, in case anyone hasn't seen it:

[dailymotion:2ki7yath]x3bmap_disney-filmparade-secrets-de-la-tou_events[/dailymotion:2ki7yath]