The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror

Started by Anthony, March 12, 2005, 04:50:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Japper

Well, I'm going tomorrow! I also think it will be very busy.. but we will see the shows and the parades tomorrow at the end of the day.. and we will do the tower at the pin event.. so it won't be that much of a nightmare for us :)

leephillips66

I rode it on 17th Dec and it appeared to be open all day to all guests. Queues got busier the longer it was open obviously because word had spread round that you could go on it.

For people with a fear of lifts I wouldn't really let that bother you riding this. Like someone said before, it's nothing like a normal lift, you're sat down with a seat belt across your lap. I was expecting more of a roller coaster harness but the seat belt makes the ride more exciting, you actually come out of your seat when it drops! It was really funny cos the bloke sat in front of us had a scarf on and everytime we dropped the scarf was flying all over the place! Wish I was there now!  :(

speedpacket

Quote from: "leephillips66"It was really funny cos the bloke sat in front of us had a scarf on and everytime we dropped the scarf was flying all over the place! Wish I was there now!  :(
Okay - were you sitting with me LOL?  I had so much fun when my scarf was going all over the place :)
Next visit:
13-14-15 February 2009 - Valentine in DLH Castle Club

Thank you Disney for introducing me to my girlfriend!  Disney truly is magical!!!

leephillips66

It was a burgundy scarf, whoever it was don't think he was english. I was on the back row

Kristof

How funny.  We did the scarf thing too.  First I had let my gloves go during the drop which I could catch right in time before they ended up who knows where.  :lol:

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "raptor1982"before they ended up who knows where.  :lol:

Elsewhere in the twilight zone!!!  :lol:

Masamune

Quote from: "RnRCj"
Quote from: "Masamune" :shock: That really is an incredible picture.

I'm definatly going to ride this thing... :oops: I just hope my fear of elevators doesn't get to me.

I don't think your fear of elevators will bother you. It's nothing like a real elevator really - You sit down on seats and your not completely enclosed, so it's not claustrophic like a normal elevators 8) If it's the going up and down part of elevators you don't like though, then maybe you won't like it, but I'm not trying to scare you :lol:
I'm totally fine going up and down. :( But my main fear of elevators is the idea of being in one when it breaks down and drops to the ground from a high place.

-breeno-

Quote from: "Masamune"

I'm definatly going to ride this thing... :oops: I just hope my fear of elevators doesn't get to me.

I don't think your fear of elevators will bother you. It's nothing like a real elevator really - You sit down on seats and your not completely enclosed, so it's not claustrophic like a normal elevators 8) If it's the going up and down part of elevators you don't like though, then maybe you won't like it, but I'm not trying to scare you :lol:
I'm totally fine going up and down. :( But my main fear of elevators is the idea of being in one when it breaks down and drops to the ground from a high place.

I wouldn't worry if i was you, just remember that your safe, the elevator has been through safety checks time and time again and you'll be fine.  I'm kinda the same with flying but i was ok when we flew over to Liverpool, just don't think that your in a elevator and enjoy the ride.
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

RnRCj

Does anybody know the sort of queue times the Tower is getting now that it's open?

Nicholas-c

Quote from: "Masamune"

nothing to worry about, ToT is completely different from normal elevators, besides, its a ride so the safety systems are 100 times better than the systems they would have in a lift are
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

kaysha

Hey!
Here are my pictures of the Ceremony of the opening, 22 december. There were the ambassadors and the head of development and construction for Euro Disney SCA, who came respectively in beautiful 50's old cars.
The studio 1 had special lights, music, and "fumée" for the occasion.
This attraction is awesome, it is my favorite one of DLRP. You should have a strong heart to do it.

Kristof

I don't think Karl Holz was there.  If you're referring to the guy in the suit on the last photo, he's Roland Kleeve; head of development and construction for Euro Disney SCA.

Sly_Racoon

Quote from: "RnRCj"Does anybody know the sort of queue times the Tower is getting now that it's open?

I was in the Studios the 22nd and 23rd, the longest queue time i saw displayed for TOT was 40 minutes. So not that bad.

On the other hand the queues for Crush at one point streched from toon studios across to  The art of Disney Anmation opposite Studio 1  :shock: .

RnRCj

Quote from: "Sly_Racoon"
Quote from: "RnRCj"Does anybody know the sort of queue times the Tower is getting now that it's open?

I was in the Studios the 22nd and 23rd, the longest queue time i saw displayed for TOT was 40 minutes. So not that bad.

Not bad at all! :shock: 8) Especially compared to the 3 hour+ queues that Crush got when it opened :lol:

-breeno-

Quote from: "Sly_Racoon"

Not bad at all! :shock: 8) Especially compared to the 3 hour+ queues that Crush got when it opened :lol:

I'd say the fastpass has helped the queue line alot, just wondering is the fastpass open yet and what does the queue line look for it?
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!