Space Mountain: Mission 2

Started by Anthony, March 09, 2005, 09:08:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flamma Gloria

Any rumout about the return of the original theeming? (From the earth to the moon) occasion of its 20th anniversary?

Discovery_Mountain

I doubt it very much, the most we could hope for is the trains. It seems to have a closure coming up in June lasting for a minimum of 3 weeks but I'm not holding my breath for anything significant happening.

I really wish they would fix the audio though but I'm guessing they are holding off for the new trains.

I always remember on De la Terre à la Lune the music was loud and crystal clear, now with Mission 2 you're lucky if you hear a whisper of the music.
My Disneyland Paris Trips:
1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000 (1 Day Trips)

March 2012, 2 days at Kyriad Hotel
June 2013, 2 days at Dream Castle Hotel
December 2013, 6 days at Sequoia Lodge
December 2014, 6 days at The Disneyland Hotel
December 2015 6 Days at Sequoia Lodge GF

Planned Holidays:
February 2016 - 3 days at Sequoia Lodge GF
November 2016 - Walt Disney World  (Maybe)

PrincessEnya

If any audio should be fixed, it's on Rock 'n' Roller Coaster :P But I agree with you, I hope the trains will be replaced.
Goldie, look at this! Look at all the blood in his mustache! Good sir, that\'s a lot of blood!

Discovery_Mountain

Quote from: PrincessEnya on April 15, 2014, 11:49:06 AM
If any audio should be fixed, it's on Rock 'n' Roller Coaster :P But I agree with you, I hope the trains will be replaced.

Really? Every time I've been the audio on RNRC has been working spot on.

Planned Holidays:

PrincessEnya

Quote from: Matty88 on April 15, 2014, 11:53:57 AM
Really? Every time I've been the audio on RNRC has been working spot on.

Than you've been very  lucky!  ;D Every other time I've been on it for the past two years the music didn't work...
Goldie, look at this! Look at all the blood in his mustache! Good sir, that\'s a lot of blood!

dazzle_v2003

According to DisneylandBerry on twitter

2015: major refurbishment of Space Mountain: Mission 2[/size]
[/size]
[/size][size=78%]So what do we think will be happening? I hope new trains is on the top of the list. I don't think this has been officially announced yet by DLP. [/size]

twentythingamabobs

Just got back from DLP and am absolutely gutted to say I will not be riding Space Mountain again until they change the trains or head rests!! I love the ride but it is just too flipping painful these days to enjoy it in any way. I felt like my teeth were going to be rattled out of my head!   :'( >:(

Discovery_Mountain

Quote from: twentythingamabobs on April 23, 2014, 12:51:28 PM
Just got back from DLP and am absolutely gutted to say I will not be riding Space Mountain again until they change the trains or head rests!! I love the ride but it is just too flipping painful these days to enjoy it in any way. I felt like my teeth were going to be rattled out of my head!   :'( >:(

I never though the roughness was as bad as everyone makes out,

I know its rough but its the same as all Vekoma Costers, you just need to keep you head off the headrest and sit a bit forward to stop bashing the restraints, same with Temple Du Peril, keep you head a little forward and it's fine.

Obviously new trains would help to improve this. I just want them to sort the audio out.

Planned Holidays:

twentythingamabobs

Quote from: Matty88 on April 24, 2014, 01:33:48 PM
Quote from: twentythingamabobs on April 23, 2014, 12:51:28 PM

I never though the roughness was as bad as everyone makes out,

I know its rough but its the same as all Vekoma Costers, you just need to keep you head off the headrest and sit a bit forward to stop bashing the restraints, same with Temple Du Peril, keep you head a little forward and it's fine.

Obviously new trains would help to improve this. I just want them to sort the audio out.

Before this trip I would have 100% agreed with you! My mam refused to ride it after last year I thought she was overreacting or it was just her old bones  :D I rode it 3 times this past trip, sitting in various positions on the train, tried pushing my head out the headrest, tried sitting with it pushed right back into it, tried pushing myself right down in the seat... nothing worked. I honestly couldnt pay attention to anything during the ride I was that uncomfortable. So not sure if I was just getting a dodgy seat each time this time or what! I've never had an issue with Temple Du Peril thank goodness.

The audio worked perfectly each time I rode though, I must admit.

Discovery_Mountain

Humm, maybe it's a hight thing then, I don't really know.

New trains should be amazing though, and if this rumour about them putting some of the original themeing back in turn out to be true that would be awesome too.

Every time we go I always say to my girlfriend I wish you could have ridden it when it was De la Terre à la Lune it was amazing!

Although I think no matter what they do It'll never be as good as I remember it.

- Just to add I also preferred Temple Du Peril when it was backwards!

Planned Holidays:

twentythingamabobs

Quote from: Matty88 on April 25, 2014, 10:27:42 PM
Humm, maybe it's a hight thing then, I don't really know.

New trains should be amazing though, and if this rumour about them putting some of the original themeing back in turn out to be true that would be awesome too.

Every time we go I always say to my girlfriend I wish you could have ridden it when it was De la Terre à la Lune it was amazing!

Although I think no matter what they do It'll never be as good as I remember it.

- Just to add I also preferred Temple Du Peril when it was backwards!

Ohh, I have watched a video on youtube when it was De la Terre à la Lune and it does look so much better even watching via a shoddy old camcorder  :D the music was amazing!

I can imagine how good Temple Du Peril was backwards, do you think they'll ever do that again? I'd love to give it a go!

jazzyjules72

I was a bit disappointed when I found out that it was probably going to be closed when we go in June but after reading the last few comments maybe it wont be so bad missing out this ride.

2014 June - Sequoia Lodge

Discovery_Mountain

It's still a great coaster! The track layout is awesome, the launch is better now then it was before and the theme is great (it was better, but some of it is still there)

You just feel battered after a couple of rides, (most people feel it after just one if they sit how it tells you to sit)

Planned Holidays:

twentythingamabobs

Quote from: jazzyjules72 on April 28, 2014, 06:07:49 PM
I was a bit disappointed when I found out that it was probably going to be closed when we go in June but after reading the last few comments maybe it wont be so bad missing out this ride.

Oh, don't let my moaning put you off! It is a great roller coaster, the theming is special and you really do have a brilliant time when you're on it. Like I said, this past visit was the first time I experienced any discomfort whatsoever. If you have the chance to ride it at some point, go for it you won't be sorry!

Ezra

Brilliant ride - somewhat painful nowadays though. I say at least try it once. If they do change the trains don't expect the battering to go away completely though... I've noticed on[size=78%] [/size][/size]other coasters with horseshoe inversions, that the exact same happens. Though yes... it should be a bit smoother than what it is at the moment.[size=78%]

That lonely Manor on the hill, sorrowful song drifting...