What kind of pins do you buy?

Started by Anthony, March 05, 2005, 10:11:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

Do you prefer just plain characters, or resort-specific pins like attractions and hotels?

There are so many pins to choose from now that most Pin Traders have to just concentrate on one area, so which one is yours?

My area seems to mainly be things like attractions and seasons.  I try to get as many of the LE pins as possible, and then on my next visit to the park I just spend way too much on the cheaper and easier-to-find open edition pins.

In December I bought mainly pins which I liked and knew wouldn't be available for long, like the christmas castle series pins and the Pinocchio baddies Mystery pin (I can't remember their names right now...  :wink: ).

So, what pins do you like to buy?

Masamune

:) I only buy character pins...and even then it's only characters that I like! :P When trading though, I'll sometimes get nice pins with characters I wouldn't actually buy, but trading to get them is OK...

bad-pink-tink

My pin collection is all about Tinkerbell and Peter Pan. I have trading pins on a lanyard which are just randoms and my Tinkerbell and Peter Pan pins are kept in my special pin collector bag
When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

Dootje

I buy pins i just love to look at. :P And some specific collection i follow too..
Pins of Walt and date-related pins (20years pins) I collect as well.  :)
19x DLRP   2x WDW

nathalie

My main collection is Lion King, so I'm trying to get all the Lion King pins that I really like.
I'm not much of a trader, but I noticed that you do need to have some good traders, in order to get some pins (some people don't want to sell, which is understandable, in the spirit of trading  :) )

Other then that, since I've joined some pin communities, and seeing releases from all over the world, I have a few side collections (very small ones), of Marie/Aristocats, Lotso, and the Dreams series from the Disney Store UK which I absolutely love!

And another cute one here and there, like the DLRP Olaf pin, etc ...

PrincessEnya

I'm not much of a pin trader. I like to buy one pin each time I go that kind of represents the trip. Usually it's a pin of my most favorite character interaction of that trip. For example, in april I loved meeting Alice so I bought a pin of her.  :)  Pin trading does seem really interesting to me though so I might start doing it some day.
Goldie, look at this! Look at all the blood in his mustache! Good sir, that\'s a lot of blood!

aquacat2

My collection is holiday specific so the hotel I stayed in, park badges, year badge and some attraction pins. I would love a movie collection one especially of Toy Story.
Newport Bay Club- 2006
Ranch Davy Crockett - 2007
Hotel Santa Fe - 2015

spacemountainplatypi

Mostly Attractions and Tv show pins, like Phineas and Ferb, but I make exceptions when films like frozen come out and I feel the need to get all the pins from that.
"From Time to Time" -Le Visionarium.

Hey, i'm also a D23 Gold Member.... SO THATS FUN!

________Past Trips____________
3 Times in 2001, Twice in 2002, Twice in 2003, Once In 2004, Twice in 2005, Once in 2007, Twice in 2008, 3 times in 2009, Twice in 2010, Twice in 2011, Twice in 2012, Twice in 2013, Once in 2014. February 26-28, 2017.  December 3-6, 2017.

Next Trip: September 2018.

StarGazer

I started my collection getting all the Fairies pins, now I'm only keeping my favourites while trading the others. I sually go for PoTC, Star Wars, Tangled, Belle and Minnie.
♫ S-U-G-A-R, jump into your racing car, it's a sugar rush! ♫

DLPWonders (Banned)

I only buy pins from Duffy and the Attraction pins.
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

dhidra

I'm thinking about starting off a collection. How much are the pins?
1st visit - May 1992 - Hotel Santa Fe - age 9!
2nd visit - March 2005 - day trip
3rd visit - July 2006 - Hotel Santa Fe
4th visit - March 2012 - Disneyland Hotel
***5th visit May 2014 - Hotel New York***

LotsoHugginBear

polar vixen

I've found the best way to do it is to buy a load on ebay, and then use them for trading with cast memebrs to get you started. They won't usually have the brand new ones, but you're sure to find some interesting ones!"

PrincessEnya

Quote from: DLRPWonders on February 21, 2014, 01:58:38 PM
I only buy pins from Duffy and the Attraction pins.

I love the Attraction pins!! I'm definitely going to get one of those on my next trip  :D
Goldie, look at this! Look at all the blood in his mustache! Good sir, that\'s a lot of blood!

DLPWonders (Banned)

Quote from: PrincessEnya on February 26, 2014, 11:27:48 AM

I love the Attraction pins!! I'm definitely going to get one of those on my next trip  :D

They're amazing! Have to say I don't like all of them, but there are some stunning ones.
Right now I have Rock 'n Roller Coaster, Tower of Terror, Peter Pan's Flight and Phantom Manor.
And in two weeks I'm going to buy Pirates of the Caribbean and It's A Small World.
I also have Mad Hatter's Tea Cups, but it's not from the "official" Attraction pin line.
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''