Did I do the right thing?

Started by JMB, June 13, 2020, 08:53:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JMB

Back in February I booked Halloween at DLP.  We've been quite a few times before but never at Halloween.

I decided to cancel it because I'm concerned that parades, shows and character meets will be limited or non existent.  What are your thoughts? Did I do the right thing or would you have risked it?

claire2281

Apparently there's been audition adverts out for Halloween characters so they're obviously hoping things will go ahead fairly normally.
My Trips:
03/2009 DCR -- 07/2009 DLH -- 03/2010 Cheyenne -- 07/2010  DLH -- 12/2010 SL -- 03/2011  Cheyenne -- 08/2011 NBC -- 12/2012 HNY -- 03/2013  Cheyenne - 12/2014 SL -- 03/2016 Cheyenne -- 07/2017  Cheyenne - 12/2017 SL - 08/18 - Cheyenne - 12/2018 NBC - 07/2019 Cheyenne

Nicola

Hi,

It is hard to say, only you know if it was right for you. We went one year after the November terrorist attacks. It took a long time to decide what to do but Disney were brilliant and I spoke to them about three times before deciding to go ahead.

From what I have seen there are limited shows and no parades or mini parades only to prevent crowds gathering to watch BUT there are amazing character selfie points and there is amazing social distancing provision etc.  They have released more characters at one time than ever before. It will be different but it will also be epic.

We are not huge Halloween season fans so it wouldn't bother me, but if you are big Halloween fans and love the parade etc then you were right.

We are booked to go in February, we have been booked from the very moment they released the dates we wanted to book way before CV19. We have decided unless there is a catastrophic 2nd wave of global significance we will go ahead. Our hotel hasn't re opened yet but we will go with the flow. It's hard because we are taking my parents for the first time. That's hard because we wont be able to show them all our favourite things as they most likely wont be happening. However it will still be magical, DLP are doing a lot to compensate guest experience so we are just going to go with the flow.

I don't think there is a right or wrong thing to do. It is very personal. Good luck whatever you choose. One thing for sure if you go now, there wont be many ques and you will be treated really well!
Cheyenne 1998
Cheyenne 2013
Cheyenne 2014
Cheyenne 2015
Disneyland Hotel 2017 (Feb)
Disneyland Hotel 2017 (Oct)
Disneyland Hotel 2018

Waiting for... ****Disneyland Hotel 2021****