Sequoia Lodge room type / help?

Started by 2bigkids2weekids, May 11, 2019, 09:44:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2bigkids2weekids

Hi, we are about to book our third trip to DLP, travelling this December. We have found a good deal (I think!) for Sequoia Lodge Hotel, with 25% off, park passes, breakfast and Half Board Plus. I just wanted to check something as we have never stayed in this hotel before - is it easy to access the park through Disney Village from here? We've always walked from hotel (Santa Fe or New York) rather than shuttle bus. Also, is the breakfast included in the deal provided at the hotel or somewhere else in the park? Is the swimming pool in the hotel worth a visit? I have arthritis and therefore limited mobility, are there any rooms to request to make life a bit easier in the hotel, ie not having to walk the whole way around the building to get to the room? We have booked 2 interconnecting rooms which are 'standard - near hotel facilities' - does this mean an outside Lodge?

Also, last time we travelled I got a green pass because of my mobility issues, which was a life saver for us. We are bringing my parents this time for my mum's birthday, would the green pass cover all 6 of us (4 adults including me, and 2 small kids)? I'm just wondering if we will have to split the group on rides/queues or if they will let us all go on together under my pass.

Thanking you all in advance for any help, the excitement is building already! We didn't get a trip last year due to my treatment so it feels like it has been ages since we were there, I miss the Disney magic!
Hotel New York - December 2016
Booked for Santa Fe - December 2017

norhel

Quote from: 2bigkids2weekids on May 11, 2019, 09:44:33 PM
Hi, we are about to book our third trip to DLP, travelling this December. We have found a good deal (I think!) for Sequoia Lodge Hotel, with 25% off, park passes, breakfast and Half Board Plus. I just wanted to check something as we have never stayed in this hotel before - is it easy to access the park through Disney Village from here?

It's very easy to walk to the parks from Sequoia. You'll practically walk part of the same route that is from Santa Fe.
About 10 min walk to the park gates. And you'll pass the Hotel New York on the way if that helps.
From Google Maps:
https://www.google.com/maps/dir/48.8686033,2.7891165/48.8693637,2.7824349/@48.8692456,2.7845997,17z
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

norhel

Quote from: 2bigkids2weekids on May 11, 2019, 09:44:33 PM
We have booked 2 interconnecting rooms which are 'standard - near hotel facilities' - does this mean an outside Lodge?

Looking at the official DLP site it looks like your room is in the main building, with access from inside the hotel:
QuoteStandard Room near Hotel facilities
Located in the main building, closer to all Hotel facilities. Comfort and warmth, lodge-style.
1 large double bed
Sleeps up to 2 People

https://www.disneylandparis.com/en-gb/hotels/disneys-sequoia-lodge/rates-rooms/

norhel

Also, are you sure that you have a connecting room?
Often with hotels. they put a note in your reservation that you have a request for it, but they don't guarante it untill they know what's availble the day you check in,

Mattj500

Green pass is for card holder and up to 4 companions. You have one too many so plan ahead.
Sequoia lodge pool is nice but chilly. A couple of steps down into the water and a couple up to the warm bubble pool, but fairly accessible.

2bigkids2weekids

Thanks for replies! You're right Norhel, the booking company have requested interconnecting rooms but it is only a request, I have sent an email to the hotel but will follow up again closer to the time and hope for the best. I also asked for Yellowstone Lodge in case we are in one of the outside Lodges and not the main hotel - that info you found would suggest main hotel building, but we didn't pay extra to upgrade to main hotel or a Montana room so it is hard to figure out. No matter where we stay we will love it, I'm just always so conscientious of being a physical burden in my family that if I can make life a bit easier for them with planning little details I feel a bit better!

Also the green pass, will have to do a bit of planning for that - we'd like to be able to stay as a group as much as possible, but I will need to use the pass when I'm too sore to stand for too long so I won't always be able to manage the normal queue, I wonder if they will allow us a bit of leeway because the kids are only small and allow us all on together? I guess we can always try and if they say no we will just have to split the party then... thanks again guys
Hotel New York - December 2016
Booked for Santa Fe - December 2017

polar vixen

You can use your pass and ride twice, 😉