7 hour solo trip Aug 2018

Started by loladelorean, September 05, 2018, 10:31:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

loladelorean

So, in August I was at a conference about an hour outside Paris, and I decided to visit the park on my own for the first time afterwards.
By the time I got there from the conference location it was around noon, and I had to leave for Paris at 7.30pm - so I pretty much had 7 hours in the park. For this reason I only went to the main DIsneyland Park, not the Studios.
Beforehand, I'd been worried that it wouldn't be as magical or fun on my own, and also that the time was too short to do much - I was wrong on both counts!

I loved wandering around the park by myself, it was refreshing to just decide on a whim what I wanted to do, make and remake a plan in my head, without having to negotiate or agree with anyone else. I'd definitely do it again.

I was there on Friday 17 August - it was a beautiful sunny day and the park was busier than I've ever seen it except on Armistice Day which we were accidentally there for one year. I usually go off season, and it was really noticeable to me that everything was open during summer, every cart, stall and restaurant.

Despite the crowds, I managed quite a lot of attractions:
Space Mountain (twice!) - got to love single rider
Star Tours
Pirates
Indiana Jones (fastpass)
Storybook boat ride
Alice's labyrinth
Castle

I also watched the parade from a decent spot, and enjoyed a nice veggie salad and potato wedges at Hakuna Matata for lunch. This was also my first time in the park since Victoria's turned into a wine bar, so of course I enjoyed a glass of wine in the sunshine! This was perfect for people watching, which I did plenty of all day. I also nipped into the Disneyland Hotel to get myself excited for finally staying there in November, and picked up a couple of things in the shops.

It was 100% worth it going for the afternoon/early evening, and I'd love to do a solo trip again. The only disappointing thing was that just as my fastpass time for Big Thunder came up around 3pm, the ride went down and stayed down until I had to leave. So I didn't get to ride my favourite....never mind, it's not like I'll never get another change.

Some pics attached of me having a lovely solo time!
Disney Visits
Oct 94 Cheyenne - Oct 00 WDW - April 03 WDW - Sept 06 DLP Day Trip - Sept 09 HNY - Nov 10 HNY - June 11 Sequoia Lodge- June 12 Sequoia Lodge - Sept 12 Cheyenne- Nov 12 Radisson - June 13 Dream Castle - Nov 14 HNY -
Feb 15 Dream Castle - Sept 15 Tokyo Disney Resort, Sheraton - Oct 15 DLP Day trip - Feb 16 Cheyenne - March 17 Newport Bay - Jan 18 Sequoia Lodge, Aug 18 daytrip

Upcoming: DLH Nov 18 - Hong Kong Disneyland, Explorers Lodge, March 19

loladelorean

Hopefully pics will work now...

[attachment deleted by admin]
Disney Visits
Oct 94 Cheyenne - Oct 00 WDW - April 03 WDW - Sept 06 DLP Day Trip - Sept 09 HNY - Nov 10 HNY - June 11 Sequoia Lodge- June 12 Sequoia Lodge - Sept 12 Cheyenne- Nov 12 Radisson - June 13 Dream Castle - Nov 14 HNY -
Feb 15 Dream Castle - Sept 15 Tokyo Disney Resort, Sheraton - Oct 15 DLP Day trip - Feb 16 Cheyenne - March 17 Newport Bay - Jan 18 Sequoia Lodge, Aug 18 daytrip

loladelorean

More photos!

[attachment deleted by admin]
Disney Visits