Rumours of Indy Adventure

Started by Rocketeer, May 30, 2018, 07:10:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocketeer

There have been some rumours recently that Countdown to Extinction (Dinosaur) at Disney's Animal Kingdom will be replaced with Indiana Jones Adventure in a project co-produced/funded with Disneyland Paris.

Sure the show building is sizable, but there's certainly space to add IJA to Paris' Adventureland. Add to that the rumours of Col. Hathi's refurbishment make me wonder if there could be a Indiana Jones mini-land in the works?

I can see the Temple du Peril getting a reworked name, but it could keep it's connection to Dr. Jones. After all, in TDS' the Temple of the Crystal Skull has Ragin' Spirits next to it, which is a very similar attraction to Temple du Peril.

So what do y'all think? Are we ready for the Further Adventures of Indiana Jones?

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

msRavenswood

I would be very excited if the rumours came true! IJA is one of the rides I definitely want to see at DLP!

Pete's Dragon

I've said it before and I'll say it again: the entire western part of the park needs more rides. They can take as much land as they need from the Critters Coral all the way up POTC

samuelvictor

Quote from: Rocketeer on May 30, 2018, 07:10:14 PM
There have been some rumours recently that Countdown to Extinction (Dinosaur) at Disney's Animal Kingdom will be replaced with Indiana Jones Adventure in a project co-produced/funded with Disneyland Paris.

Hmm, that's a weird ride to swap out for an Indy one, the whole area is dinosaur themed - its called Dinoland USA, and is right in between Dino-Rama, Dino Sue and 2 big Dinosaur restaurants and dinsaur themed shops! I only got a chance to ride it once when I was there in Dec/Jan and there were always 2+ hour rides for it, so it must be pretty popular still?

With the comparitive flop of the 4th film, is Indy still a blockbuster franchise for Disney? It seems waaaaaaay down below Star Wars and Marvel in marketing pull.

I'm all for Indiana Jones stuff and Dark Rides in general though. As a kid of the 80s I definitely personally love the first movies. And as I mentioned in the other thread I love the Indiana Jones show from Hollywood Studios in FL as well.

Rocketeer

Well the fourth may have been a flop, but they are due to start filming the fifth soon. Which I guess is in part why they want to up the Indy presence in the parks.

I agree, replacing CTX with IJA makes little sense, other than its the same ride system. That does make me doubt that this project is actually happening. Then again, stranger things have happened.

However, where it does make sense, is Paris' Adventureland. The fact that they have the scope to make it a mini-land is an exciting prospect.

Like I said, there the upcoming re-theme of Hati's (perhaps a return of the Explorer's Club?) and there's already the Temple du Peril - so adding IJA would really make it a fun spot in the park. And if I'm not mistaken, they said that the €2bn wasn't entirely for WDS.. so who knows.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

samuelvictor

Yeah it'd be great, I'd love a proper new attraction in the main park.

I didn't know they are making a 5th Indy film. I hope its better than the 4th.  ::)

Rocketeer

Yup, Indy 5 is due out in '20. Harrison Ford has signed on to reprise his role.

Disney & More has posted an article about this rumour, and it seems that it is just that at the moment.

One thing that crossed my mind, CTX is going for a lengthy refurb soon (which is when the change over may happen), but what if it remains as Dinosaur? There's nothing to say that the co-funding is for upgrades to the existing attraction and Paris still gets IJA.
OK so that's makes it more one sided but Paris would have to have everything new as it'd be a new attraction vs. re-using an existing building. (If that makes sense).

Pete's Dragon

Quote from: samuelvictor on May 31, 2018, 09:49:21 PM
Yeah it'd be great, I'd love a proper new attraction in the main park.

I didn't know they are making a 5th Indy film. I hope its better than the 4th.  ::)

Could it really be any worse, even if they tried? No, no it couldn't.

irishbhoy1888

An indy mini land is there for the taking in Adventureland and it would finish this party of the park off perfectly.
Haitis with a theme change and IJA along with the existing temple de peril would be perfect.