Happy birthday Disneyland Paris

Started by littlebitofpixiedust, April 12, 2018, 09:35:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

littlebitofpixiedust

Who can believe it it's Disneyland Paris's 26th birthday!

As a little tribute to our wonderful happy place let's share a favourite memory of our time at dlp.

Mine would have to be my sons meet with Captain Hook in Adventure land back in 2013 it was incredible many young children were afraid of meeting him with parents pushing them to see him and they not wanting too. My son wasn't scared, he grabbed his nose (is rather big!) the cast members laughed as did all the people looking on. I'll never forget it i must dig out the photo. I've got so many magical memories from the characters to attractions to dining experiences over the years.

So what's some of yours?

Pete's Dragon

My 3 year old daughter ran off when we weren't looking. We were standing outside of Rock n Rollercoaster at the time. Luckily we didn't have to look far. She had spotted Pluto coming through the staff gate and ran straight to him. I have a picture somewhere of Pluto rocking her in his arms

littlebitofpixiedust

Quote from: Pete's Dragon on April 12, 2018, 09:25:03 PM
My 3 year old daughter ran off when we weren't looking. We were standing outside of Rock n Rollercoaster at the time. Luckily we didn't have to look far. She had spotted Pluto coming through the staff gate and ran straight to him. I have a picture somewhere of Pluto rocking her in his arms

Wow what a fright she must've gave you and how sweet Pluto was holding her character interaction like that really does stay with you forever 🙂

Pete's Dragon

A little bit. It was literally 5 seconds till we spotted where she'd gone. The more frightening time was when she ran off in Alice's Labyrinth (the first bit before the water fountains). That was 5 mins of sheer panic

littlebitofpixiedust

Quote from: Pete's Dragon on April 13, 2018, 09:09:43 AM
A little bit. It was literally 5 seconds till we spotted where she'd gone. The more frightening time was when she ran off in Alice's Labyrinth (the first bit before the water fountains). That was 5 mins of sheer panic

I think most of us at one time have gotten lost in Alice's curios labrynith lol but it must've scared u

tigger1974

Quote from: littlebitofpixiedust on April 15, 2018, 01:07:51 AM
I think most of us at one time have gotten lost in Alice's curios labrynith lol

I somehow manage to get lost every time I go through the maze!!! The most embarrassing time was when another group was following me and we all ended up going the wrong way. What happy times

TTFN
'05 Santa Fe
'07 Newport Bay
'08 Santa Fe
'09 Disneyland Hotel
'10 Santa Fe
'12 Sequoia Lodge
'13 Santa Fe
'14 New York
'15 Sequoia Lodge
'17 Sequoia Lodge (Golden Forest)
'19 Santa Fe
I also visited in '98, '00, '02 & '03 and stayed offsite

tigger1974

I remember my very first trip - walking under Main Street Station and seeing the castle for the first time.... beautiful.

Until November '07 I had always visited in the summer so this was the first winter trip and I vividly remember seeing the snow fall on Main Street and feeling a bit like Winona Ryder in Edward Scissorhands wanting to dance in the snow!

Also the first time I stood on Central Plaza watching Dreams... I stood there (a grown woman) with tears of joy running down my cheeks it was so magical (I cried again when I first saw the Christmas version).

There are so many other things I could mention (first encounter with Tigger, Dale pinching my hat, my ghostly encounter on PotC) I would happily move into DLP if they would let me... every time I walk under that station I feel I've come home and when the time comes to leave I always make a point of blowing a kiss and saying goodbye.

Happy Birthday to the most wonderful place in the world xx

TTFN
'05 Santa Fe
'07 Newport Bay
'08 Santa Fe
'09 Disneyland Hotel
'10 Santa Fe
'12 Sequoia Lodge
'13 Santa Fe
'14 New York
'15 Sequoia Lodge
'17 Sequoia Lodge (Golden Forest)