Meal options for Apr 18 visit

Started by finecitytom, January 28, 2018, 04:46:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which option would you choose for a 4 night/5 day visit?

Plus meal plan (Probably CJ's, Remy, Agrabah +1)
4 (57.1%)
Inventions, Captain Jack's and then Fast food for other two days
3 (42.9%)
Something else! Details in the comments if you can.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 7

finecitytom

Hello all..

Long time lurker first time poster!

We are returning for our second trip to DLP in April and as we are about to book food we would love to get your opinions on what to do.

Last time we went in October '14 we had a standard room at SL and so breakfast was included and allowed us to put off having a meal until mid afternoon. Since we booked two rooms separately it meant we could book a meal plan for just one group and pool the vouchers to avoid having more than we needed or wanted. It worked very well, we ate at Remy's and the Blue Lagoon (sigh) using vouchers and paid cash at the Cafe Agrabah and once for a burger. For a 4N/5D trip that was enough and good value.

This trip is a little different. Now it is just the four of us, two adults and two kids (9+4). We have gone for a Golden Forest room and now need to decide on food.

Plan A was just to book a plus meal plan but that means buying four meals at £98 each. Each meal might be worth that but we really don't need 4. The day we arrive and leave will be busy enough without needing to set aside an hour or two one one of them to enjoy the meal properly, three would be plenty.

So Plan B is to split both ways to save a bit, have some different experiences and not overspend/eat.
No meal plan. Inventions one day for the experience, Captain Jack's another for the memories and then counter service or fast food at other times to save a little cash. We always have the Golden Forest lounge in the afternoon if we want somewhere quiet to go for bit. Overall I hope to spend £100 less, enjoy it at least at much if not more and see some other parts of the park, for example, the Cowboy Cookout looks good.

I would love to hear what you think! 

amywayne2701

£100 per day Or in total ? Because inventions for 4 people will if I remember correctly cost £100 or more. We went in May last year 2 adults 2 children and it definitely cost at least £100 if not more x

finecitytom

Hi,

£100 in total.
Inventions will be £170+ I think.

AJDisney

Hi,

I'm staying in a Golden Forest room next week. As breakfast is included in the price of GF, they reduce the meal plan price to take this into account.

We went Half Board Plus, which cost £112.00 for 2 nights for 2 adults. This would have cost £184 if paying full price. So all you get is 1 x voucher per day if you go half board, or 2 if you go full board.

Obviously worth noting that with Plus, you don't pay for Remy's or Jack's if you go for the Plus meal option, but you will "lose out" if you book Cafe Agrabah. Similarly, if you go for standard, you will get Cafe Agrabah included, but will need to pay an uplift fee for both Remy's and Jack's.
June 2017 - Radisson Blu at DLP
September 2017 - Cheyenne
February 2018 - Sequoia Lodge Columbia River Suite
December 2018 - Santa Fe
February 2019 - Disneyland Resort - Castle Inn and Suites
April 2019 - Off-site

finecitytom

Thanks for that.
I didn't think the standard meal plan was discounted on GF rooms. I certainly haven't seen a price for it, only plus at 33/16 for half board.

AJDisney

Standard is 100% reduced too. In fact, I had booked standard half-board meal plan first, before upgrading to plus. I was charged £88 for 2 adults 2 nights, instead of £108 -- so not so much of a big saving.
June 2017 - Radisson Blu at DLP
September 2017 - Cheyenne
February 2018 - Sequoia Lodge Columbia River Suite
December 2018 - Santa Fe
February 2019 - Disneyland Resort - Castle Inn and Suites
April 2019 - Off-site

polar vixen

i called to enquire about this yesterday as we had only booked the base rooms at sequoia.  the meal plan is indeed reduced if you already have golden forest, otherwise you'd be paying for breakfast twice. not sure what time you'll be getting there on your first day but if you took out a meal plan you could have a late night buffet on your first night at the hotel?

finecitytom

Just rang up to enquire about the standard meal plan but was offered no reduction for being in the Golden Forest...  :(

I know that prices and plans are being tweaked at the end of March, perhaps that is why there is no price for it when we go in early April?