Counter service menus - only set menus?

Started by Otharia, July 13, 2017, 08:41:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Otharia

Hi
we're going to DLRP next week and I was looking over the counter service menus. (We've already booked our table service & buffets of course!) It's been two years since we were there last. Do I understand correctly that now, in most counter service restaurants, there's only a few set menus to choose from and no more 'à la carte' options like there used to be?
If so, that's kind of a bummer because I don't want to eat dessert twice in a day :o and for lunch I usually don't have a very big appetite anyway.

dlpowl

You don't have to buy the set menu, you can just buy individual items such as a burger on its own or fries on their own etc.   They don't advertise that but you can, just ask for what you want at the till.  I'm not sure how much you save by not buying the set menu though so you may have to ask for the price for the individual items and do some on the spot Maths!  What I mean is that if you're buying a burger and a drink for instance, it might work out more expensive or the same as the set menu that comes with fries and a dessert.  But yes, you can buy individual items, you don't have to have the full set meal deal if you don't want to.

CitrusZing

As dlpowl said, yes you can order 'a la carte'. When I was there in June, the counter service menu boards inside (over the tills) also showed the individual items prices.
DLP: 1992 Summer (Cheyenne).
2012: May (Santa Fe).
2013: Nov (Kyriad).
2014: Jan (Cheyenne), & Halloween (Kyriad).
2015: Jan - Birthday Trip (Disneyland Hotel) & Sept (Sequoia Lodge - Golden Forest).
2016: April (Sequoia Lodge - Golden Forest).
2017: Jan (Santa Fe - 1 night birthday trip), March (Hotel New York - Empire State Club), June (Cheyenne - 1 night trip) & Sept (Santa Fe).
Upcoming:
Sept 2018 (Newport Bay Club - Compass Club).

sezpuk

Sorry to get in on this.
I have a fussy eater for a child and some of the set menus are off putting. Could i still use my vouchers at the couter service places the Hyperion and Haukna Mata places??

Mattj500

You can use meal plan vouchers in the counter restaurants, the staff do look a bit bewildered as to why you'd want to use them for a lesser value meal, but it does work if that's what works for you.

dlpowl

Quote from: sezpuk on August 04, 2017, 09:33:38 PM
Sorry to get in on this.
I have a fussy eater for a child and some of the set menus are off putting. Could i still use my vouchers at the couter service places the Hyperion and Haukna Mata places??

If your child is fussy, head for the buffet restaurants like Plaza Gardens and Billy Bobs.  Loads of choice, even for the fussiest kids.  My eldest is terribly fussy but he never goes hungry at the buffets.  Much better quality than the burgers and chips from the counter service places.

sezpuk

Thank you all so much that's great news. Its a shame that you can split vouchers in two if you choose to counter service instead :)