Restaurant Reservations: should you do it/and if so how long in advance?

Started by marijnc, April 03, 2017, 12:21:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marijnc

Hi Guys,

First time to DLP!!!
So excited!

I now this is a quite common topic but I couldn't get the exact answers I'm looking for so here I go:

I'm staying from monday the 31st of july till thursday the 3d in DLP. I'm going with my boyfriend so not a big group. Just the 2 of us.
I was wondering if I have to book my restaurants in advance or if I could just book it in the morning whilst being there (by going to the reception of my hotel Newport Bay Club).

We're thinking of going to Bleu lagoon, Agrabah, Inventions, Yacht Club (any other suggestions would be welcome.

And what are the best times to eat? I was thinking about having an early breakfast (7/7.30) going to the park, have lunch at 12. Go and have snack at the compass club (we've booked those so we have snacks from 4 till 6) And have dinner at 8? Would this be smart or not.

Thank you so much!

Karmaviolet

I would really recommend booking those in advance.

We go in May Half Term - so we are 57 days off now.  I phoned 2 days ago and the earliest available sittings for Inventions were at 8.15pm all week.  We have children and any later than this would have been a nightmare, so I am glad we got in early!  I've known people who've tried to book at about 40 days before they go be told there's only 10.15pm left, or no availability at all.

You don't need to book all meals, but those popular ones - Blue Lagoon (this has been closed for all the Pirates Ride refurb, so is likely to be a popular choice once it reopens!) and Inventions certainly.  I have no idea how popular Yacht Club is....  Agrabah is probably less vital to book - but if you are ringing up and booking some, it's probably a good idea to book all.  If there's plenty of availability you can always change plans once there and you've lost nothing by booking in advance!

disneydad73

If you know you want to eat in Inventions (do its great!!) then just book it. It will fill up the closer you get to going and you'll find it'll more than likely be full if you get there with making your own reservations. You can always cancel if yu change your mind.