Disney Stars on Parade

Started by sunshine1, March 26, 2017, 12:36:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhubarbed

Maleficent though! Where does she breath fire so we can make sure we see it? I don't often want merchandise (stingy!) but I would part with money for a Maleficent ornament. Especially if it moves.

I'd only planned in to watch the parade once on our visit but it's definitely one to watch a few times!

sunshine1

Quote from: Rhubarbed on March 28, 2017, 12:37:16 PM
Maleficent though! Where does she breath fire so we can make sure we see it? I don't often want merchandise (stingy!) but I would part with money for a Maleficent ornament. Especially if it moves.

I'd only planned in to watch the parade once on our visit but it's definitely one to watch a few times!

The dragon, during the premiere, breathes fire about 5 times i think.

In one of the videos of the 1st ever Disney Stars parade she breathes fire at the beginning of the parade.

Obviously this can change i guess - so so dont quote me!

glenn

Having seen every parade since dlp opened I have to say the floats are amongst the best I,ve seen,but the music is the worst I,ve heard.But it might grow on me when I see it live.

Sulley's Arms

The main thing I've heard about the fire-breathing is that there is none down Main St USA (i.e. the main part of the route!). I never watch it there anyway (did once a few years ago and never again!) so not a problem, but I suspect that a great many will not know and will position themselves there, possibly being a little disappointed.

Since these elements are controlled via GPS it is possible in theory for them to change the locations whenever they want but we'll see...

I love the new parade, and in particular the themed song sections relevant to each float.  Some of the floats are insane as well! They don't actually look safe in many cases, but you assume they must be, right?!

Can't wait until we're lucky enough to go back next week...  ;D ;D ;D
Trip Counter
Nov 07 - DCR [4d]
Mar 09 - DCR [3d]
Feb 11 - DCR [4d]
Oct 11 - Kyriad [3d]
Dec 11 - Adagio [3d]
Feb 12 - DCR [6d]
Jun 12 - Crecy Golf [4d]
Aug 12 - Crecy Golf [2d]
Feb 13 - Adagio [4d]
Dec 13 - Crecy Golf [3d]
Feb 14 - DCR [5d]
Mar 15 - Sejours [4d]
Feb 16 - Kyriad [4d]
Dec 16 - Offsite [3d]
Feb 17 - Adagio [4d]
Aug 17 - Offsite [2d]
Dec 17 - Offsite [3d]
Dec 18 - Cheyenne [3d]

DisneyEverywhere

I was there over the weekend. A couple of my thoughts:

-My main gripe was that it is a lot of the same movies that are represented in this parade as in Magic on Parade and the Once Upon a Dream parade.

-Therefore, it was exciting seeing characters like Olaf, Kristoff and the Princes etc etc but I'm kind of done with seeing Toy Story and Jungle Book.

-I really liked the opening float, Peter Pan, Maleficent and the Frozen float.

-Felt Finding Nemo and Toy Story didn't quite fit in with the overall theme and The Lion King/Jungle Book float I could take or leave.

-Mowgli looked like Fred Flintstone in his outfit!

-They need a Princess float asap, their section looked a little jumbled. And while Princess Aurora is my absolute favourite, she needs to do more that twirl down Main Street by herself. Hoping she can spearhead the Princess float instead!

-The performers are all amazing and looked like they were having a great time which meant the audience were having a great time and it really felt like a party atmosphere on Saturday.

-The floats are all so tall which makes me wonder if there will be Christmas garlands on Main St this year?

-The song is growing on me!

-Finally, I'm surprised Tink isn't in the parade seeing as she is the face of the 25th?

I was initially kind of disappointed but I think I had very high expectations and was hoping the parade would be more like Festival of Fantasy in Disney World. I've since gotten over the initial disappointment and think it will be a good parade for the park and for the average guests who perhaps does not visit as often as we do.

Sulley's Arms

Tinkerbell can't really be in the parade as she is atop the front float, infront of Mickey & Minnie!
Trip Counter
Nov 07 - DCR [4d]
Mar 09 - DCR [3d]
Feb 11 - DCR [4d]
Oct 11 - Kyriad [3d]
Dec 11 - Adagio [3d]
Feb 12 - DCR [6d]
Jun 12 - Crecy Golf [4d]
Aug 12 - Crecy Golf [2d]
Feb 13 - Adagio [4d]
Dec 13 - Crecy Golf [3d]
Feb 14 - DCR [5d]
Mar 15 - Sejours [4d]
Feb 16 - Kyriad [4d]
Dec 16 - Offsite [3d]
Feb 17 - Adagio [4d]
Aug 17 - Offsite [2d]
Dec 17 - Offsite [3d]
Dec 18 - Cheyenne [3d]

MickeyAteMyCap

Quote from: DisneyEverywhere on March 28, 2017, 04:49:30 PM.

-Felt Finding Nemo and Toy Story didn't quite fit in with the overall theme and The Lion King/Jungle Book float I could take or leave.
In what way? Because they're Pixar?

Quote-Mowgli looked like Fred Flintstone in his outfit!
I watched the live stream video and didn't even realise he  was Mowgli.

Quote-They need a Princess float asap, their section looked a little jumbled. And while Princess Aurora is my absolute favourite, she needs to do more that twirl down Main Street by herself. Hoping she can spearhead the Princess float instead!
Maybe a princess float is the 'anniversary surprise' they have teased for 12th April?

-The performers are all amazing and looked like they were having a great time which meant the audience were having a great time and it really felt like a party atmosphere on Saturday.

Quote-Finally, I'm surprised Tink isn't in the parade seeing as she is the face of the 25th?
I agree. Tinkerbell should be a part of The parade. I also think there should be a Ratatouille float.

Donald Dutch

Quote from: MickeyAteMyCap on March 28, 2017, 06:46:25 PM
Maybe a princess float is the 'anniversary surprise' they have teased for 12th April?
I've heard that the new Princess float will be added in 2018...

MickeyAteMyCap

Quote from: Donald Dutch on March 28, 2017, 10:55:47 PM
Quote from: MickeyAteMyCap on March 28, 2017, 06:46:25 PM
I've heard that the new Princess float will be added in 2018...
But it would make sense as an anniversary surprise.

dazzle_v2003

I think Disney Stars on Parade is just what Disneyland Paris needs. It's a fresh, vibrant new parade with stunning floats and beautiful choreography. I'm so pleased each float has individual music mixed in with the theme music perfectly. It's a fun and vibrant parade and completely different to what Disneyland Paris has had before but matches with the high standard of parades in other Disney resorts around the world.

I can't wait to see the Princess float addition next year.

I love it! Can't wait to see it live and I already have Lost In The Magic stuck in my head!

claire2281

Okay, here's definitive proof that she can breathe fire down Main Street. Also showing off her new full fire breathing effect!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3xyWNou-2k

Town Square might be a different issue because it's much narrower around there.

The parade seemed to have a bit of a nightmare today. Huge pause in the middle, Crush not working and Maleficent not out!
My Trips:
03/2009 DCR -- 07/2009 DLH -- 03/2010 Cheyenne -- 07/2010  DLH -- 12/2010 SL -- 03/2011  Cheyenne -- 08/2011 NBC -- 12/2012 HNY -- 03/2013  Cheyenne - 12/2014 SL -- 03/2016 Cheyenne -- 07/2017  Cheyenne - 12/2017 SL - 08/18 - Cheyenne - 12/2018 NBC - 07/2019 Cheyenne

guest10620

The new Parade is visually excellent, but it's just so disappointing in other ways.

The music is awful. It's not catchy and it's quite frankly a mess. I get that each float has its own music alongside a main overall song, but the execution is poor. To see how this is done well, the Paint the Night show at WDW is a good example.

Too many of the floats have characters too high up. There needs to be more ground level interaction.

The 25th anniversary song is really good - why didnt they use that as the parade song rather than this monstrosity.

Frozen as the last float seems about 3 years too late in execution.

Too many same characters as per previous parades.

claire2281

Sorry but I heartily disagree about the music. I love it. It's incredibly catchy and up beat without being the normal pop cheese. I like the fact they've gone for a more swing feel with it. I hope they release the soundtrack soon!

Personally I wouldn't have Frozen as the finale float but it is still incredibly popular, particularly with children.
My Trips:
03/2009 DCR -- 07/2009 DLH -- 03/2010 Cheyenne -- 07/2010  DLH -- 12/2010 SL -- 03/2011  Cheyenne -- 08/2011 NBC -- 12/2012 HNY -- 03/2013  Cheyenne - 12/2014 SL -- 03/2016 Cheyenne -- 07/2017  Cheyenne - 12/2017 SL - 08/18 - Cheyenne - 12/2018 NBC - 07/2019 Cheyenne

guest10620

I couldn't tell you any of the words from the Parade, whereas I know every single one from Magic Everywhere

It's a mess and it's not coherent. We were spoilt with the Parade song for the 20th and this pales by comparison.

claire2281

*shrugs*

I sing along very happily every time I see the parade and I can't help but dance with it. I like having a parade with music for each float again too.

I loved Magic Everywhere. I really wasn't a fan of Just Like We Dreamed It. So I'm just glad they replaced a song I loved with a song I love.
My Trips: