Best time to make reservation for September 2018!

Started by amnik, March 13, 2017, 05:59:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amnik

Hi there!! Celebrate the magic!

We are a group of 3 families 6 adults, 5 kids over 7 (and under 12) and 1 under 7 and we are planning to make a reservation for September 2018!
When is the best time to make the reservation? We are trying to find the offer for kids under 12, free halfboard meal, hotel breakfast and the best possible deal for Cheyenne (value for money)! Thnx in advance!
For June 2017 (that just me and my family visiting disneyland) made the reservation on October and i had to pay extra for half board plus menu and now it is for free!!
Cheyenne October 2014
Santa Fe June 2016
Cheyenne June 2017

msRavenswood

Unless they change their current policy, free half board comes with counter service breakfast which is quick breakfast at certain locations at the park. You can of course pay a supplement and eat at your hotel, but it's not known yet how much it will be.

Since September 2018 dates have already been released, you can book with the current offer and when a better offer comes out you can make the switch. The only thing you need to remember is that when you upgrade your offer, it needs to cost more than what you have booked.

Also, the kids under 12 free offer is usually available only through the french site, so keep an eye there.

amnik

So if i understand correctly, i can make the reservation now (2+2 days) and when the offer of free half board and 30% discount is on, i can call them and switch it??? And the payments that i have allready make they will count them as payments in my "new" reservation? With that way i can save money or not? Sorry about the "bombing" of questions! I can try it now for June 2017 and check the differenses!
Cheyenne October 2014
Santa Fe June 2016
Cheyenne June 2017

polar vixen

If you book now and then change offer you won't so much get a cheaper holiday as be able to get more for your money an upgraded hotel or something. If you're really wanting the discount and free half board deal that will probably come out early Feb next year.

msRavenswood

Quote from: polar vixen on March 13, 2017, 07:42:42 PM
If you book now and then change offer you won't so much get a cheaper holiday as be able to get more for your money an upgraded hotel or something. If you're really wanting the discount and free half board deal that will probably come out early Feb next year.

Actually, it can be cheaper sometimes. For example, we booked our September trip back in August with the 2 free nights offer and added half board and with the new offer the price is slightly better. Plus, they can upgrade hotels as well without paying a lot of money.

Anyway, it's up to you, you can always wait, like polar vixen suggested, until the offer that interests you comes out. If you choose to book with the current offer and make the switch later, you can give them a call and pay a 15% deposit with the rest of the amount due 30 days before your trip.