Questions re tickets and Davy crockett

Started by Vicky1705, February 16, 2017, 01:06:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vicky1705

Hi, we are planning a trip for Feb/March 2018 and just had a couple of early questions. 

We went to Disney via Eurostar 5 years ago but this time are looking to drive and stay at Davy Crockett, we are a family of 5 on a budget.   What happens when it comes to getting your park tickets?  Will we have to go to crocketts to pick them up before we can enter the parks?  Would like to go straight to to the parks then check in later to maximise time in parks, not sure if this is possible, I'm guessing we will need car park passes too? When we went by Eurostar we were given tickets etc on the train I think.  Can we leave bags at Davy Crockett if room isn't ready? And how long is the check in process?

Also looking at deals, I see there is a apdavy Crockett deal ATM for £520 till end of March, can't afford to do it this year but what's the likelihood of this deal appearing again next year? Is it a one off or do these deals come around yearly?

Thanks in advance!

Any advice appreciated!

Joey123

Last time I stayed at Crocketts we had to check in first but if you are early you don't have to go to you cabin just pick up tickets etc and then drive to Disney car park,have fun😀

dlpowl

You have to go to Davy Crockett Ranch first to collect your tickets and car park pass but you can do that from 7am on the first day of your holiday so if you get there early enough you can get in the park for early magic hours.

As for the offer, we are planning on going next March too and I'm pretty sure the offer will be similar next year.  We are hoping for the 15% off and free Half Board offer that they did for this Season Of The Force.  They started advertising it around September/Oct I think, so we are going to wait until then before we book.

Just as something for you to consider, we drive over to France the day before our holiday starts, set off around 6am, so we have the whole day to get there without having to stress if there's any delays or traffic jams.  We stay at the F1 hotel in Meaux which costs about £30 per room (we need 2 rooms) as it's only 15 mins from DLP.  We nip to a local fast food place then get a good nights sleep.  We get up the next morning, about 7am, nice and fresh, drive to Davy Crockett, get our tickets and we are in the park by 9am.  It does add an extra £60 to the holiday but for us, it's worth it because we have a full day that first day and we are all well rested, not arriving knackered with grouchy children and having missed half the first day of our holiday.  We do the same on the way home too so that we can have the entire last day in the parks rather than having to leave early.  Plus my husband can drive home fresh the next day not tired.

dlpowl

We love the ranch by the way, I think it gets a bad rep for no reason.  The cabins are lovely and spacious and having 2 toilets and 2 showers was a godsend!  The drive to the park is so easy and quick, it wasn't a problem at all.  It actually gave me 5 minutes to put some make up on and for the kids to eat some breakfast snacks!  Hahaa!

Askew80

Hi,

When we went year we stayed in a local f1 and cost about 55 for 2 rooms, however when we go on Sunday (starting ti get excited) we have booked through Disney for mon - Thurs and are traveling over Sunday by euritunnel, but staying in Davy crokket ranch Sunday night as room only.  We booked this separately through Expedia and was only 80.

So thought mid day train over than 3 hour drive and get thier mid afternoon. Room should be ready to check into then go for a swim and relax, early night ready that parks for extra hours Monday morning :) though better value and worth the 25 more than f1 hotel. 

I contacted them as we booked pioneer cabin through Disney and trapper through Expedia but they have said will be given same cabin throughout all the stay and as only difference is distance.feom centre.not bothered which standard.it is. 

dlpowl

Quote from: Askew80 on February 17, 2017, 12:26:23 AM
Hi,

When we went year we stayed in a local f1 and cost about 55 for 2 rooms, however when we go on Sunday (starting ti get excited) we have booked through Disney for mon - Thurs and are traveling over Sunday by euritunnel, but staying in Davy crokket ranch Sunday night as room only.  We booked this separately through Expedia and was only 80.

So thought mid day train over than 3 hour drive and get thier mid afternoon. Room should be ready to check into then go for a swim and relax, early night ready that parks for extra hours Monday morning :) though better value and worth the 25 more than f1 hotel. 

I contacted them as we booked pioneer cabin through Disney and trapper through Expedia but they have said will be given same cabin throughout all the stay and as only difference is distance.feom centre.not bothered which standard.it is.

Ooh I will try Expedia next time.  I did get a quote from Disney to stay over at the ranch for the first night (instead of F1) but they quoted me £125.  Never thought to try Expedia or anywhere else! 

Vicky1705

Some brilliant ideas there,  definitely will look into booking somewhere cheap the night before, was a bit worried about kids being exhausted after travelling and hubs driving. And getting a full day the first day is definitely worth paying a extra bit of cash for!!!   Will keep eye open on deals too!

Askew80

Yeah Disney quoted me 140, then it was.115 on Expedia for a pioneer cabin, but the trapper was cheaper and as I said when phoned Davy crokket they confirmed they would just give same cabin for the full break

dlpowl

Quote from: Askew80 on February 17, 2017, 09:48:49 PM
Yeah Disney quoted me 140, then it was.115 on Expedia for a pioneer cabin, but the trapper was cheaper and as I said when phoned Davy crokket they confirmed they would just give same cabin for the full break

That's brilliant.  Thanks for the tip.  I'm going to try that next time!

Askew80

Well a good plan turned into nightmare!!

Drove all way from south Yorkshire to Davy crokket ranch to get thier and be told Expedia haven't actually passed the booking on despite having paid and got a confirmation email!!

Ended up at reception phone Expedia for them to try and pass booking through instantly to be told that Davy crokket is full!!

Ended up transferring us to marriot holiday village near gokdcourse so gorgeous aparthotel and 4* at that for 80 but not scuppered our plans!! Managed to pick Park tickets up so just settling into bed now for extra magic hours in the morning!!

Not the best experience ever with wife and four kids sat waiting in car!! But at least got in somewhere!

dlpowl

Oh no, what a nightmare for you!  I'm so pleased you've got somewhere though.  Hope it hasn't put a dampener on things.  Tomorrow you'll be in the Disney bubble and hopefully tonight will be a distant memory! 

You're from S Yorks too?  I'm from Sheffield. Small world.  Hope you have a great time!

Askew80

Thanks.  Yes small.world in fact guessing by your user name it means your from the darkside of Sheffield!! Lol

Where live near manvers

polar vixen

Talk about a stressful start! Hope the rest of your holiday is brilliant!

dlpowl

Quote from: Askew80 on February 20, 2017, 05:06:49 AM
Thanks.  Yes small.world in fact guessing by your user name it means your from the darkside of Sheffield!! Lol

Where live near manvers

Yes, fully paid up season ticket holder, blue and white blood. Lol!  Married to a Blade though!  We all have our crosses to bear. Hahaaa!  Hope you have a great time.

Vicky1705

Oh no what a nightmare!  Hopefully the magic of Disney will make up for it!  Have a fab time x