Buffet Dining Help Please

Started by stvn1987, October 21, 2016, 10:40:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stvn1987

Just a couple of questions;

Are all the buffet restaurants the same i.e have the same buffet food items just at different locations and different theming etc.

Also will be travelling with a 2 year old whom will be 3 a couple of days after we leave so will technically be 2 the whole trip, will she be able to dine in the buffet restaurant for free or will she have to pick off our plates?

If the 2 year old can also dine at buffet restaurant for free we will be dining at these locations so would it be better value to get the dining plan which is coming out at £21 per adult half board per day, does this include the afternoon snack or is this only for the higher priced dining plans.

Many Thanks in advance for any answers.

DisneyRon

As far as I'm aware the buffets are not identical, they all have some overlap obviously (and there are always things like nuggets and such for the kids), but the food will actually vary between themes.

The Standard, Plus and Premium dining plans all have the afternoon snack included, the Hotel plans do not.
Keep in mind that the Afternoon Snack is only redeemable between 15:00 and 18:00 (Disneylandparis.nl)

Technically children share the plate with their parents up to 3 years of age, but I assume giving them their own plate is an option at a buffet? Not sure on this to be honest.

polar vixen

yup children under 3 eat free at buffets. .saves a fortune! !

dlpowl

The teatime treat is included in the Standard Half Board meal plan.

All the buffets serve different food.  We were there last month and our favourite was Crocketts Tavern (but this is out at Davy Crockett Ranch).  We also enjoyed La Grange at Billy Bobs in Disney village, the quality, choice and service was good.  We did NOT enjoy Plaza Gardens in Disneyland Park.  The service was atrocious, the food was not as good quality as in the other buffets and the choice was less.  My kids could only eat pizza as everything else "looked weird and was in a sauce" so they wouldn't eat it.  Much more choice at Billy Bobs, it's worth the 10 minute walk in my opinion.  The buffet at Cheyenne Hotel is usually good too, although we didn't go on our last trip.

polar vixen

I second Billy Bob's!  restaurant des stars in the studios good too, not so Much on Mains but AMAZING desserts.  plaza gardens used to be it absolute favourite but was sadly disappointing when there in September.