Installments?

Started by Lolly_Belle, July 25, 2016, 04:51:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lolly_Belle

We've just returned from 3 days in DLP and I'm already thinking about the next trip  :) I've always booked our visits directly through the DLP website and booked travel seperately as always found this to be cheaper but had to pay in full at time of booking. I would like to go back in Dec 2018 for our 10th wedding anniversary and I'm thinking about the DLH castle club......I know I can't book hotels this far ahead yet but I have seen people on here talking about paying in instalments for their trips and wondered how you do this? I'm assuming it's not with Disney direct? Do you end up paying more than booking directly??

Sorry for all the questions! But if I would have to pay all in one go when booking I'm absolutely sure we couldn't do the castle club....but if I've got 2 years to save up it might be different! Thanks in advance
Sept 1999 - DLP Sequoia Lodge
Jul 2000 - WDW off-site
Oct 2001 - DLP Sequoia Lodge
Mar 2002 - DLP Sequoia Lodge
Nov/Dec 2002 - DLP Sequoia Lodge
Mar 2006 - DLP Disneyland Hotel
Dec/Jan 2008/9 - WDW Swan Hotel
Oct 2014 - DLP Disneyland Hotel
Jul 2016 - DLP Hotel New York
Nov/Dec 2017 - DLP Sequoia Lodge GF
May 2019 - DLP Newport Bay CC

stormflm595

Pretty sure that you can pay in installments if you book over the phone but I could be wrong...the number I used yesterday to upgrade was 0844 800 3254. They are also there for advice so it could be worth ringing up and checking now and then if they don't you can get down to some researching for the best deals on different websites whilst you wait for the hotels to become available :)
August 2001 DLP, 3 days
September 2013 DLP, 4 nights 5 days, Santa Fe
September 2014 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Santa Fe
March 2015 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days. Sequoia Lodge
September 2017 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Newport Bay
November 2018 WDW, 14 nights, 15 days, Caribbean Beach Resort

msRavenswood

Not sure if you can pay Castle Club rooms in installments, but regular rooms can be paid these way through phone just as stormflm595 suggested or through The Walt Disney Travel Company where you can pay a 15% of your total package deposit and the remaining balance is due 70 days prior to your departure.

perrollaz

Hm, but have in mind that the special offers, e.g. 20% off, four nights for three, are not available that much in advance.
I also checked DLH for next years April and prices have been ridiculously high without these special offers.

MattR

We once booked the Empire State Club through magicbreaks with a downpayment and a final payment x days before the trip.

Lolly_Belle

That's very interesting MattR...gives me some hope!

Thanks you for the replies - I'm certainly going to have a look at the WD travel company and magicbreaks websites and probably give DLP a call when the 2018 dates are out! Thanks again, you've all be very helpful
Jul 2000 - WDW off-site

stifle

Quote from: perrollaz on July 25, 2016, 07:42:48 PM
Hm, but have in mind that the special offers, e.g. 20% off, four nights for three, are not available that much in advance.
I also checked DLH for next years April and prices have been ridiculously high without these special offers.
Indeed; you also don't normally get any discounts or offers on special room types (other than Golden Forest) for whatever reason.

MattR

I saw discount offers for Empire State Club during the last 12 months, but never before, also never for the Castle Club.

Lolly_Belle

I've also be reading this too - all the current offers exclude castle club rooms too. Not really surprised 😢 Does anyone know if you are able to upgrade for part of a stay? For example could you book a regular room for 3 nights and then upgrade for the final night in the same hotel?
Jul 2000 - WDW off-site

stormflm595

When I upgraded to Newport, I also asked to upgrade to Compass Club but was told there are no rooms available. He did say if I ring back at least 60 days before then they should be able to upgrade me again then with an offer. Not sure if this information will also apply to Castle Club?
August 2001 DLP, 3 days
September 2013 DLP, 4 nights 5 days, Santa Fe
September 2014 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Santa Fe
March 2015 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days. Sequoia Lodge
September 2017 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Newport Bay
November 2018 WDW, 14 nights, 15 days, Caribbean Beach Resort