special meal for first night

Started by JAYNEYJAY, July 17, 2016, 11:52:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JAYNEYJAY

we arrive on mon 19th september for 4 nights  late afternoon early evening and our park tickets start the next day we have tickets for both parks for the full three days.

We are staying off site but the first evening we arrive will be my daughters 10th birthday  and as this is her surpise birthday gift  too and as we would have been traveling most of the day so we would like to  do something special for her that evening.

Ads we are staying off sitre can anyone recommend anyone nice to eat in either the val du europe shopping centre please or in the disney village or even one of the all you can buffets in one the disney hotels .....we have considered the wild west show  but with 2 out of three of our children being vergetrain thought we would struggle for food in here. ..

Look forward to hjearing all your thoughts and recommendations please

Many Thanks

dlpowl

Hi there, what kind of budget do you have?  Inventions character buffet inside the Disneyland Hotel is pretty special but for 2 adults and 3 kids it would be about €250 so serious money.

Cafe Mickey is also great with lots of characters coming round the tables and that would be about €150 for a family of 5.  If you go to a character meal, and your kids want to collect autographs, this is the perfect opportunity to do that and is much better than queuing to meet them in the parks so remember to take autograph books and a pen with you or get one from a shop in Disney village beforehand.

Another option is the Rainforest Cafe which is meant to be nice but I've never been there personally so I can't say.

MrsRoachy

I can recommend the rainforest cafe. We ate their on our last night in June and really enjoyed it. The kids loved the rain, steam, thunderstorms and animals, great atmosphere too

grovesie

Quote from: MrsRoachy on July 17, 2016, 10:28:46 PM
I can recommend the rainforest cafe. We ate their on our last night in June and really enjoyed it. The kids loved the rain, steam, thunderstorms and animals, great atmosphere too

Remember if you eat in Rainforest  they will give you a voucher for 20% off your next meal at either King Ludwigs or Rainforest. The voucher must be used with in 24 hours and you will need the receipt too.

stormflm595

Yes, I also recommend Rainforest Café! Such a good atmosphere and really good food.

Also agree with Café Mickey if your daughter likes character meet and greets. It'll also get you all into the Disney mood!
August 2001 DLP, 3 days
September 2013 DLP, 4 nights 5 days, Santa Fe
September 2014 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Santa Fe
March 2015 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days. Sequoia Lodge
September 2017 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Newport Bay
November 2018 WDW, 14 nights, 15 days, Caribbean Beach Resort

JAYNEYJAY

thanks everyone for cafe mickey would we need to book in advance and if so what is the best way to do this would be early evening on the monday night in september in term time ..I know naughty mammy :)

stormflm595

Quote from: JAYNEYJAY on July 19, 2016, 09:17:14 PM
thanks everyone for cafe mickey would we need to book in advance and if so what is the best way to do this would be early evening on the monday night in september in term time ..I know naughty mammy :)

Its up to you on whether you make a reservation or not but cafe Mickey is one of the popular restaurants and tends to get very busy all evening so you may be looking at an hour+ wait for a table if you don't book a table. There's sometimes even a wait with a reservation as it's that popular!!

You can either make reservations by calling a hot line number or at check in. Off the top of my head I don't remember the number but I'll do some digging, unless someone else knows it!
August 2001 DLP, 3 days
September 2013 DLP, 4 nights 5 days, Santa Fe
September 2014 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Santa Fe
March 2015 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days. Sequoia Lodge
September 2017 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Newport Bay
November 2018 WDW, 14 nights, 15 days, Caribbean Beach Resort

dlpowl

I would definitely make a reservation if you want to eat at Cafe Mickey and I would do it now.  The number, dialling from the UK is 0033 1 60 30 40 50.  It's a very quick procedure so it's not an expensive call and they speak English.

Don't forget your autograph books and pens!  Enjoy!

loupenny

We loved the Rainforest Cafe, it was one of the best meals we had all trip and we ate at some pretty pricey places in the park!

In the past - Disneyland Hotel, New York, New Port Bay (DLP) Caribbean Beach (WDW) and AP holder at Tokyo Disney.
Recent Years - Kyriad - 2011
Santa Fe - 2015
Dream Castle, B&B hotel, Air BnBs - 2017