Catherine Powell (Disneyland Paris Président 2016-2018)

Started by norhel, April 12, 2016, 03:53:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

norhel

So, Tom Wolber is about to leave Euro Disney in favor of Disney Cruise Line.
From the press release at http://corporate.disneylandparis.com/CORP/EN/Neutral/Images/uk-2016-04-12-Catherine-Powell-nomination.pdf

Quote(Marne-la-Vallée, April 12, 2016) Euro Disney S.C.A. today announced the nomination of Catherine Powell to the
position of Président of Euro Disney S.A.S., the management company of both Euro Disney S.C.A., the holding
company, and Euro Disney Associés S.C.A., the operator of Disneyland®
Paris.
"We are thrilled to welcome Catherine to Disneyland Paris," said Karl Holz, president of New Vacation Operations
and Disney Cruise Line. "Catherine has held a variety of senior leadership roles throughout the world for Disney,
including in Australia and Europe, and has proven to be an exceptional leader who has the versatility and experience
needed to lead the continued success of Disneyland Paris."
Powell replaces Tom Wolber, who will return to the United States to take on operational responsibilities of Disney
Cruise Line at a critical time for that business. Disney recently announced it is adding two additional ships to the
Disney Cruise Line fleet.
"Tom's knowledge of shipbuilding is unparalleled, as he previously oversaw a number of complex expansion projects
including the successful launches of the Disney Wonder, Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy. We are grateful for his
many contributions in Paris and are anxious to have him back at the Cruise Line to oversee our latest expansion," said
Holz.
"On behalf of my fellow Supervisory Board members, I would like to thank Tom for his thoughtful leadership of Euro
Disney and his dedication to the resort, its Cast Members and all of the Guests who have visited Disneyland Paris,"
said Virginie Calmels, chairman of Euro Disney Supervisory Board. "We are excited to welcome Catherine back to
Europe and especially to Euro Disney and look forward to her continued success in her new role."
Catherine will begin her new assignment in July 2016. In the meantime, Tom and Catherine will transition the
responsibilities to ensure continued commitment to the company's long term strategic priorities.
Catherine currently serves as the company's Managing Director for Australia and New Zealand and has more than 12
years of experience in global roles throughout Europe, the Middle East and Asia. In her most recent role, she has been
responsible for leading all of Disney's business divisions, overseeing global franchises, and expanding existing and
new business in the region. Catherine previously led the Media Distribution division of The Walt Disney Company in
Europe, Middle East and Africa. Previously, she served as Disney Media Distribution's senior vice president, Sales –
UK, Ireland, Nordic, Benelux and Israel; and prior to that, the executive director – Sales, UK and Ireland. Before
joining Disney, Catherine worked for BBC Worldwide for seven years, where she held various senior TV sales roles
across territories including Central and Eastern Europe, the Middle East, Germany and Spain/Portugal.
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

Rocketeer

Good Luck to both of them in their new roles.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

Anthony

It was reported recently that Catherine Powell, who left The Walt Disney Company last year when her position as head of the "Western Region" parks was eliminated, has now joined Airbnb as head of "Experiences".

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/01/29/airbnb-hires-disney-veteran-ahead-of-expected-public-listing-this-year.html

I wonder if she can recommend any good rooms in Val d'Europe?