No more hot breakfast at HNY

Started by Ticky, February 13, 2016, 09:00:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ticky

I read that there would be no more hot breakfasts at HNY unless you were staying in the Empire State club, this was also just confirmed to me by Disney themselves  :-\

This is such a shame. I'm booked to stay at HNY for xmas and the hot breakfast on offer is what swayed me to stay there. Gutted.

haribosmum

That's always been the reading for choosing hotel new York, is there a date when this is from?
Santa 11/00
Newport Bay 10/03
Sequoia 3/09
Disneyland 2/11
Disneyland 5/12
New York 2/13
New York 2/14
Disneyland 2/16
Sequoia Lodge GF 8/17
New York ESC 2/18
Newport Bay CC 4/19
Disneyland 2/20

Karen101

This is likely to go in line with the Sequoia Lodge who only offer hot with their GF rooms and the Newport Bay who do so with the Compass Club ..

Club level perks I guess

Ticky

It's effective immediately apparently. I couldn't get them to answer whether they would honour the hot breakfast offer on my booking seeing as it was made before the changes.

haribosmum

That's a shame. Just looking and price of standard HNY is same as golden forest sequoia for the dates I'm looking at.
Santa 11/00
Newport Bay 10/03
Sequoia 3/09
Disneyland 2/11
Disneyland 5/12
New York 2/13
New York 2/14
Disneyland 2/16
Sequoia Lodge GF 8/17
New York ESC 2/18
Newport Bay CC 4/19
Disneyland 2/20

rebecca20

Check your contracts guys - if it says hot breakfast on there then they legally have to give you one or the contract can be rescinded :)

I must say for a 4* hotel to not offer a hot breakfast in Europe is very very poor! Even holiday inns in the UK which are at best 3* give you a full english. Maybe other european countries won't be as fussy...
♥ Disneyland Paris 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2011, 2015 ♥ Disney World Florida 2009 ♥ Disneyland California 2008 ♥

Next Visit: DLP March 2016.

Ticky

My confirmation just says bed and breakfast  :-\

I agree it's very poor not to offer hot food at a 4* hotel. I'm sure a lot of people will be more inclined to stay at a cheaper hotel now.

rebecca20

Maybe its since Walt Disney have taken over since in the USA breakfasts aren't included.

I'll look at mine later since I'm staying in DLH - now if they change the rules that will be insanity since its a rate of 400 a night on average.

I wouldn't mind but the only time I get a hot breakfast is on holiday and it's one luxury I must have - looks like HNY is out for my Christmas trip now! I wouldn't bother with Empire State either now the VIP fastpass is going.
♥ Disneyland Paris 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2011, 2015 ♥ Disney World Florida 2009 ♥ Disneyland California 2008 ♥

Muppet

Hmmmm hoping they don't do this with DLH :-(

I am the same as you Rebecca, a cooked breakfast is a holiday treat, also it fills my kids up so we don't need a big lunch.

I had presumed that a cooked breakfast was standard at Disney hotel :-/

naisworld

We stayed at New York last week and there was still hot breakfast choices. To be honest though, I preferred all the continental stuff anyway. The sausages are a bit strange and the bacon is really fatty! I can't believe they are stopping it there. It's supossed to be 4 star and the second best hotel there?!?! X

Killiegirl

I just booked HNY for May the other day, one of the main reasons was the breakfasts! Wonder if I would be able to change to SL GF? It was only £10 more.

rebecca20

Quote from: Killiegirl on February 14, 2016, 03:32:13 PM
I just booked HNY for May the other day, one of the main reasons was the breakfasts! Wonder if I would be able to change to SL GF? It was only £10 more.

Ring and ask?

I must say the pancakes and scrambled egg are to die for (not together) I would be so sad if I didn't get those on my Disney trip.

Killiegirl

We chose HNY also due to it being closer to the parks, I would rather be there out of the 2 hotels but it's too much extra on top of the other hotels if there's not even a good breakfasts.  Booked through magic breaks so have emailed them to ask.

Shirley

I have to say I am pretty annoyed about this we go in just over 4 weeks and I book last week for October. We have fussy kids and it was nice to have the difference choices. At home my son likes cereals but didn't like the taste of the milk there. He liked the pancakes so mostly ate them. I assume they won't be on offer any more? Does anyone know what we will get??? Will toast still be a option?
Thanks for your help.

Karen101

Toast will still be an option they have the breads out and you just toast them yourselves using the machines

As well as the usual pastries and all the other continental sundries.

Having spoken with out Disney agent she said that the DLH will always be offering hot breakfast and will not change.

The NY, NPB and SL will only offer hot options at their club level rooms, so that's Empire Club, Compass Club and Golden Forest. 

She advised that if you have made a booking it should state the type of breakfast on it so if the hotel NY had hot breakfast it would say breakfast type - American so technically they may still have to honor this.  Perhaps they will accommodate you in the club level breakfast rooms?

Sorry I know this is likely not very helpful we have never had a hot breakfast before but the again we have never stayed at the NYH so didn't realize it was standard there as none of the other hotels we stayed at had it.