Preview of the Forest of Enchantment

Started by arvidbux, February 08, 2016, 02:28:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arvidbux

Last Saturday we had the opportunity to see a preview of the Forest of Enchantment. Not sure who else was able to go and see the show last weekend.

Unfortunately we were not allowed to take photos/video, so no images to go along with this topic. Taking a photo could get you kicked out of the show and park. So I obliged and kept my camera in my bag.

We enjoyed the show, it was great to have a mix of all the different characters and songs come together. While all information was in French for this show, the singing was done in English. Which was great for us (my French is okay, but not good enough to follow an entire show). Other audience members were maybe not pleased with it.

From 10 February to 8 May 2016, The Forest of Enchantment: A Disney Musical Adventure will be performed 5 times a day, 7 days a week at The Chaparral Theatre in the heart of Frontierland in Disneyland Park.

** SPOILER ALERT **

If you don't want to know anything, STOP READING NOW!

The show contains songs from;
- Jungle Book
- Tarzan
- Tangled
- Pocahontas
- Brave

The music choice was great. The singing wasn't always the best, but this was one of the first performances in front of a  real audience (except maybe CMs etc).

The staging is great. Great to see the trees move around and have them re-use several items on stage for other things. Like the rock being used as a chair for King Louie.

Few remarks;

• the beginning took too long, they can easily shorten that. Now it was almost a fifth of the total lenght of the entire show
  • The singing of Pocahontas isn't the best. Not sure whether it was an equipment failure, or that the CM was nervous.
  • The Tarzan item has to be re-done. The swinging in the rope doesn't add anything to the show itself. They can come up with other things, I know for sure
  • It was a shame that Merida didn't do any of the singing, now she just ran over the stage shooting arrows (which was really clever though).
  • I missed an end-song in which all the characters would participate (short medly of the songs maybe?)

Having said all the above, it was a great new show and it shows the potential of the French team to bring amazing things to the theater. I saw the Frozen sing-a-long in Paris and in California, the Paris team outdid the California team by 10.000%.

DisneyGagaChick

Oooh it sounds good! Is it shown so many times a day or just once a day?

arvidbux

Quote from: DisneyGagaChick on February 08, 2016, 04:12:28 PM
Oooh it sounds good! Is it shown so many times a day or just once a day?

From 10 February to 8 May 2016, The Forest of Enchantment: A Disney Musical Adventure will be performed 5 times a day, 7 days a week at The Chaparral Theatre in the heart of Frontierland in Disneyland Park.

Mushu_Stitch

QuoteFrom 10 February to 8 May 2016, The Forest of Enchantment: A Disney Musical Adventure will be performed 5 times a day, 7 days a week at The Chaparral Theatre in the heart of Frontierland in Disneyland Park.

I'm going for 4 nights from 23 May and was really looking forward to this. Is this show really only until 8 May then not at all after? Or will there simply be less showings?

arvidbux

Quote from: Mushu_Stitch on February 09, 2016, 04:23:36 PM
QuoteFrom 10 February to 8 May 2016, The Forest of Enchantment: A Disney Musical Adventure will be performed 5 times a day, 7 days a week at The Chaparral Theatre in the heart of Frontierland in Disneyland Park.

I'm going for 4 nights from 23 May and was really looking forward to this. Is this show really only until 8 May then not at all after? Or will there simply be less showings?

I don't know, this is what is available on the DLP website.

Mushu_Stitch

Quote from: arvidbux on February 09, 2016, 04:33:04 PM
Quote from: Mushu_Stitch on February 09, 2016, 04:23:36 PM

I don't know, this is what is available on the DLP website.

Ok, thanks for confirming. I will check nearer the time and hopefully they'll extend how long it's running for  :)

Zee79

I've just watched the video of this, it was okay, probably better watching it live. I agree that the start is far too long & Pocahontas didn't have the right feel about her. Kids will enjoy it but I was sometimes left thinking what was it about but that might be just me. Shame I won't get to see it thought in the summer.

Sulley's Arms

We watched this show today. It was BRILLIANT.

The singing was on point throughout and the mixture of different characters worked really well.

We too noticed that both Tarzan and Merida didn't sing in their sections but it's very understandable why! I prefer the idea of watching them doing what they do during their segments whilst someone else sings.

I felt pleased to be able to watch a new show, as we haven't really had many new ones in recent years (Frozen aside).

Definitely recommend seeing this show...! < 2 thumbs up >
Trip Counter
Nov 07 - DCR [4d]
Mar 09 - DCR [3d]
Feb 11 - DCR [4d]
Oct 11 - Kyriad [3d]
Dec 11 - Adagio [3d]
Feb 12 - DCR [6d]
Jun 12 - Crecy Golf [4d]
Aug 12 - Crecy Golf [2d]
Feb 13 - Adagio [4d]
Dec 13 - Crecy Golf [3d]
Feb 14 - DCR [5d]
Mar 15 - Sejours [4d]
Feb 16 - Kyriad [4d]
Dec 16 - Offsite [3d]
Feb 17 - Adagio [4d]
Aug 17 - Offsite [2d]
Dec 17 - Offsite [3d]
Dec 18 - Cheyenne [3d]

billy

we watched the show twice while we were there and like previous people said it is a shame that Merida and Tarzan didnt sing.
I thought Pocahontas was ok but her prince just looked like a spare part really, howerver we really enjoyed the show the real issue we had was the placement of the trees as if you  had the misfortune not to sit in the main block of seats you had your view obstructed by one of the two trees that i do appreciate are part of the structure but did  they need to make them so wide!  :'(