Meeting Donald Duck and Stitch?

Started by Mushu_Stitch, February 07, 2016, 07:36:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mushu_Stitch

Hi all,

Me and my boyfriend are off to DLP at the end of May and although I've been twice before my boyfriend has never been. He is so insanely excited and neither of us can wait to get there. He's really keen to do lots of meet and greets so we can get some fantastic photos and I want to try and make sure this happens to make his first time there amazing.

There are two characters he would love to meet above all others - Donald Duck and Stitch.

I've heard that Donald Duck can sometimes be around Main Street but often as part of the Mickey and Friends meet up so isn't always there. I've also heard that he sometimes is seen around Main Street during extra magic hours and was wondering how true this is?

With regards to meeting Stitch, does this happen at all? I know there is the Stitch Live performance which we are planning on going to but does he also do meet and greets?

Any tips or inside knowledge about meeting Donald or Stitch would be brilliant and thanks in advance!  ;D

Komble

Hey! I just wrote a trip report where I mention meeting Donald Duck and Stitch!

Donald Duck was on Mainstreet one morning during extra magic hours and we stumbled upon Stitch hanging out near Star Tours..  This wasn't in the programme though so I'm not sure how often he is there :)

wimmekepunk

On top of Komble's meets Donald Duck can also be met right now announced at the exit of Liberty Arcade/Casey's Corner.
feb2020 WDW Pop Century+Boardwalk
sep2019 DLP offsite
sep2019 DLP Sequoia
may2019 DLP Sequoia
apr2019 DLR offsite
dec2018 WDW Pop Century+Old Key West
oct2018 DLP Sequoia
jun2018 DLP Sequoia
apr2018 DLP Sequoia
sep2017 DLP Off Site
jan 2017 DLP Sequoia
oct 2016 DLP Sequoia
sep 2016 WDW Saratoga Springs
jun 2016 DLR Off Site
apr 2016 DLP Sequoia
jan 2016 DLP Sequoia
dec 2015 DLP Sequoia
oct 2015 WDW Off Site
jun 2015 WDW Off Site
apr 2015 DLP Sequoia
oct 2013 DLP Off Site
apr 2013 DLP Off Site

stifle

The flip side of this is that meet & greet schedules change from time to time so you won't know until shortly before you travel what's on the schedule and naturally unplanned meet & greets are by definition unpredictable.

Mushu_Stitch

Thanks for all the info!  :D

It sounds like finding Donald Duck will be a bit easier to be honest but I'll definitely keep an eye out for Stitch if he doesn't have an official meet and greet.

Disney Magic

Last time we went which was in August 2015. We saw Donald Duck on the band stand in Main Street USA. And stitch who is my favourite character, we were sitting in Cafè Hyperion and he came out of door behind us saying "cast" and tapped me on the shoulder I was over the moon I got his autograph and he interacted with us and sat at the table the which was great spend at least 7 minutes with us which is really unusual because normally charcaters don't spend much time with you seem to get an autograph and photo but then the characters move on. So I'd stay around Cafè Hyperion as many space themed characters come out of the "cast" door. And Donald Duck is on the band stand for when the park opens so try and get their early to avoid queues. I hope this helps  ;D ;D ;D

sunshine1

Met Donald this morning. He was magic.He is in spring attire. He meets on the right hand side of town square outside the ribbon and bows shop (might not be the correct name but it is something like that!)
He meeting from 8am-11am there.

DLPWonders (Banned)

Quote from: wimmekepunk on February 07, 2016, 09:01:48 PM
On top of Komble's meets Donald Duck can also be met right now announced at the exit of Liberty Arcade/Casey's Corner.

Actually during this year's Swing Into Spring you cant.
Donald is EMH exclusive at gets changed by Scrooge at 11am.
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

DLPWonders (Banned)

Quote from: stifle on February 07, 2016, 11:52:50 PM
The flip side of this is that meet & greet schedules change from time to time so you won't know until shortly before you travel what's on the schedule and naturally unplanned meet & greets are by definition unpredictable.

Seasonal characters stay the same throughout the entire season.
All characters currently mentioned on the programme will be the same until Frozen Summer Fun starts.
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

sunshine1

Quote from: DLRPWonders on March 09, 2016, 08:07:46 AM
Quote from: wimmekepunk on February 07, 2016, 09:01:48 PM

Actually during this year's Swing Into Spring you cant.
Donald is EMH exclusive at gets changed by Scrooge at 11am.
Minnie in her spring attire can only be met in EMH.
When the park opens she is in her normal clothes. And she finishes meeting at 10.45am then it is Marie all day then who is meeting.

Should all guests have a chance to meet Minnie in her spring attire?
Also regular guests were moaning that Minnie finished her meets so early.

What are peoples opinions on this?

rebecca20

I think it's terrible you can't meet Minnie and Mickey in Spring dress. Especially when they advertise it! Minnie or friends implies mainly Minnie and only if she's not available i.e. in the parades then a friend will come out. Disney are basically lying to us :-\
♥ Disneyland Paris 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2011, 2015 ♥ Disney World Florida 2009 ♥ Disneyland California 2008 ♥

Next Visit: DLP March 2016.

DLPWonders (Banned)

Jeez calm down.
Firstly...they don't advertise her in her Spring dress, so that's no lie.
Secondly, the programme says Minnie OR FRIENDS and Donald OR FRIENDS.
Since both Minnie and Donald are in Spring attire during Extra Magic Hours and their FRIENDS (Marie and Scrooge) are out the rest of the time, it's actually EXACTLY like they advertise it.

Yes, not everyone has access to the Extra Magic Hours.
However all Disney hotel guests have. And a lot of other guests actually have AP's.
You basically have no shot at Princess Pavillion either if you can't queue during EMH for a ticket yet nobody complains about that.
There are so many characters out at the moment!
Let's be happy that they put Minnie, Donald and Goofy out in Spring outfit during EMH since normally the only other time they have special EMH outfits is Christmas, and that they change with characters like Scrooge who are normally very rare.
Best of both worlds, how are we seriously making a problem out that? Some people are really never happy....

rebecca20

Minnie isn't in Spring attire during EMH that's my issue. I know a person who is 'friends' with Minnie and it was the usual Mickey and Minnie standard dress for the past week...

EDIT: also for people who haven't been online / done research the fact it says Minnie or friends, implies Minnie will be out in my opinion. It would have been better to say Marie / Scrooge or friends if they are the main character. I've seen numerous people asking where Minnie / Donald was on social media so it's clear it has caused some confusion.
♥ Disneyland Paris 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2011, 2015 ♥ Disney World Florida 2009 ♥ Disneyland California 2008 ♥

Next Visit: DLP March 2016.

sunshine1

Quote from: rebecca20 on March 09, 2016, 06:19:51 PM
Minnie isn't in Spring attire during EMH that's my issue. I know a person who is 'friends' with Minnie and it was the usual Mickey and Minnie standard dress for the past week...

EDIT: also for people who haven't been online / done research the fact it says Minnie or friends, implies Minnie will be out in my opinion. It would have been better to say Marie / Scrooge or friends if they are the main character. I've seen numerous people asking where Minnie / Donald was on social media so it's clear it has caused some confusion.

Minnie was in spring attire this week during EMH but at 10am until 11am she is in her normal dress.

I think the main reason that guests were upset was that she was only meeting until 10.30am then it was Marie until mid afternoon.

I love Marie though.

billy

Minnie was in spring attire this week during EMH but at 10am until 11am she is in her normal dress.

I think the main reason that guests were upset was that she was only meeting until 10.30am then it was Marie until mid afternoon.

I love Marie though.
[/quote]

When we were there in feb both Mickey and Minnie were out until 11 then Minnie was on her own so some people who joined the queue after 10 were disappointed as they didnt get to see both characters. we were lucky though  ;)