Reports: Man arrested with gun

Started by Slimy yet satisfying, January 28, 2016, 05:36:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EmmaH

We were at DLP last week. Security at the parks were definately increased. At the Cheyenne were we stayed there were security officers patrolling and one evening when we were in the shop a police sniffer dog came in and sniffed all around.
Well done security on stopping this man.
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne January 2016
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne January 2015
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne January 2014
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne January 2013

Ohana

Am I the only one who's now nervous to go? We went last year and it was just after the attacks but this really brings it closer to home. I know for a fact Santa Fe hotel doesn't scan luggage so there's no stopping someone going mad with some guns there, my mum is telling me to cancel and even my partner is now having doubts... He feels that it'll now be seen as an easy target and be very likely to be attacked.
(•–•)

November 2015 -- Santa Fe
May 2016 - Santa Fe
November 2016 - Cheyenne
July 2017 - B&B Hotel

Disney Matt

Quote from: Ohana on January 28, 2016, 09:40:06 PM
Am I the only one who's now nervous to go? We went last year and it was just after the attacks but this really brings it closer to home. I know for a fact Santa Fe hotel doesn't scan luggage so there's no stopping someone going mad with some guns there, my mum is telling me to cancel and even my partner is now having doubts... He feels that it'll now be seen as an easy target and be very likely to be attacked.

Everyones different Ohana.
It won't put me off & i fly this Sunday. Security will only be tightened because of this & it will be one of the safest places to be.
Hotel Santa Fe - 95 / Dream Castle - Jul 07 / Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 09 / Hotel Santa Fe - Dec 12 / Sequoia Lodge - Dec 14 / Sequoia Lodge - Feb 16 / Newport Bay Club - Halloween 16 / Newport Bay Club - Feb 17

Komble

I'm going this Monday, staying in the Santa Fe. I've heard all hotels have x-ray machines, is this incorrect??

grovesie

I believe all Disney hotels scan luggage.

claire2281

Not sure how this makes it seen as an easy target considering security services picked the guy up! If anything it shows security at Disney is tighter than most public places.
My Trips:
03/2009 DCR -- 07/2009 DLH -- 03/2010 Cheyenne -- 07/2010  DLH -- 12/2010 SL -- 03/2011  Cheyenne -- 08/2011 NBC -- 12/2012 HNY -- 03/2013  Cheyenne - 12/2014 SL -- 03/2016 Cheyenne -- 07/2017  Cheyenne - 12/2017 SL - 08/18 - Cheyenne - 12/2018 NBC - 07/2019 Cheyenne

Karen101

Apparently all of they hotels have luggage scanning now

01wdw04

We were at the Sequoia Lodge at the beginning of January.

All luggage was scanned upon arrival at the hotel.

Security at the park & village entrances was even tighter.
DLP - 1995, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2012 x2, 2013
WDW - 2001, 2004
Tokyo - 20?? (tbc)

Komble

Thanks everyone.

Ohana, can I ask what makes you think the Santa Fe doesn't have luggage scanning?

I agree with everyone else that security will be high - I'm definitely not cancelling my trip.

Karen101

According to reviews on. Trip Advisor the Santa. Fe does have luggage scanning.

EmmaH

What about luggage arriving through Disney Express is that scanned just out of sight?
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne January 2016
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne January 2015
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne January 2014
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne January 2013

Ohana

I didn't get my luggage scanned when I arrived in November? We just wheeled them in, checked in and wheeled them to our rooms :S
(•–•)

November 2015 -- Santa Fe
May 2016 - Santa Fe
November 2016 - Cheyenne
July 2017 - B&B Hotel

ChipandDale99

At the moment the French police aren't even sure the man was a terrorist.
I think it shows just how tight security is at Disney. I'm going in three weeks and still can't wait. This event (even though scary) has actually made me feel more happy about the level of security.

ChipandDale99

Quote from: Ohana on January 29, 2016, 12:25:58 AM
I didn't get my luggage scanned when I arrived in November? We just wheeled them in, checked in and wheeled them to our rooms :S

November is when the attacks took place so they didn't have all the new security checks in place. it probably has changed now.

sunshine1

Quote from: Karen101 on January 28, 2016, 10:52:22 PM
Apparently all of they hotels have luggage scanning now

When i went Cheyenne earlier this month there were no scanners.

There was a scanner at newport bay when i went in dec.