Planning the visit

Started by Cofianna, January 03, 2016, 01:23:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cofianna

Hi we're visiting end of Feb with two excited boys age 6 & 4 (three if u count the hubby!!) never been before ... Any advice re-pre planning the visit would be much appreciated?? Thanks

littlebitofpixiedust

You've certainly come to the right place!

There's tons of useful information here and useful tips to help you ensure you and your family get the most from your DLP break  :)

Firstly it would help to know where your staying, if your on-site- Santa Fe/Cheyenne/Sequioa lodge/Newport bay/Hotel New York/Disneyland hotel you will get to enter the park at 8am that's 2 hours before the general public. In extra magic hours you can access certain rides in Fantastland and Discoveryland also you can meet characters which ques are considerably short for if you do so when first arriving compared to the rest of the day. Usually it's "Mickey and friends." On our last trip we did extra magic hours each day and managed to have photos with Mickey and Minnie, Donald, goofy and Pluto and chip and dale. We didn't wait more than 20mins for any of these as we got into the park at 8am. So really worth doing so!

Next what you can consider is looking up menus for the restaurants at DLP there is a dining section on this website that may also help. But pre-booking can really free up time in the parks of you know what time/where you'll be dining and you won't get there and be disappointed. You can book restaurants over the phone (can select English speaking) within minuites and that will ensure your booked where you like, this is specially important for the character meals if your children would like that?
There is inventions character buffet, cafe Mickey or auberge (princess meal) they are more expensive than regular dining but it's a very unique experience.

On-site hotels generally don't have kettles although you can request one when there I take my own travel kettle. Take snacks/drinks with you, Disney do not mind at all. We've been over 20 times and have done this for years you'll save a fortune and time from not waiting in line every time your thirsty.

When you arrive pick up a park guide this will tell you all you need to know, show times, met and greets ect.

Hope I've helped a little! Above all have a wonderful time!

bad-pink-tink

Hi and welcome
I will be in DLP end of Feburary too, Im staying in Hotel New York and it will be my third visit. Some of us have put together this thread  https://forum.dlpguide.com/index.php?topic=19394.msg271997#msg271997 Some hints and times for first time visitors like yourself
When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

A&S&O

You need to decide a few things first which will have knock on effects for other things. Let us know more and we can tailor our help.

How are you getting there - fly, train or car - can make a difference on whether its practical to stay on site or offsite.

How long is your stay? Makes a difference on which hotel to choose. Also, whether to stay in a Disney hotel which includes park tickets, or stay offsite and buy tickets (possibly Annual Passes if you are going in the park for more than three days).

Are you likely to go again within 12 months - if so, an Annual Pass is even better.
Planning WDW 2019
1997 DLP x2, 1998 DLP x2, 1999 DLP, 2000 DLP Millenium, 2002 DLP, 2003 DLR, 2004 WDW + DLP, 2005 DLP + DLR, 2006 WDW, 2007 DLP x2, 2008 WDW + DLP x3, 2009 DLP x7, 2010 WDW (+ extra week due to ash cloud!), 2011 DLR, 2012 WDW + DLP, 2013 WDW + DLP, 2014 WDW + DLPx3 (inc. daytrip for Ratatouille preview), 2015 DLR + DLPx3, 2016 WDW + DLP, 2017 WDW x2 + DLP, 2018 WDW + DLP x2. Coming up - ?

Cofianna

Quote from: littlebitofpixiedust on January 03, 2016, 08:31:17 AM
You've certainly come to the right place!

There's tons of useful information here and useful tips to help you ensure you and your family get the most from your DLP break  :)

Firstly it would help to know where your staying, if your on-site- Santa Fe/Cheyenne/Sequioa lodge/Newport bay/Hotel New York/Disneyland hotel you will get to enter the park at 8am that's 2 hours before the general public. In extra magic hours you can access certain rides in Fantastland and Discoveryland also you can meet characters which ques are considerably short for if you do so when first arriving compared to the rest of the day. Usually it's "Mickey and friends." On our last trip we did extra magic hours each day and managed to have photos with Mickey and Minnie, Donald,
goofy and Pluto and chip and dale. We didn't wait more than 20mins for any of these as we got into the park at 8am.
So really worth doing so!

Next what you can consider is looking up menus for the restaurants at DLP there is a dining section on this website that may also help. But pre-booking can really free up time in the parks of you know what time/where you'll be dining and you won't get there and be disappointed. You can book restaurants over the phone (can select English speaking) within minuites and that will ensure your booked where you like, this is specially important for the character meals if your children would like that?
There is inventions character buffet, cafe Mickey or auberge (princess meal) they are more expensive than regular dining but it's a very unique experience.

On-site hotels generally don't have kettles although you can request one when there I take my own travel kettle. Take snacks/drinks with you, Disney do not mind at all. We've been over 20 times and have done this for years you'll save a fortune and time from not waiting in line every time your thirsty.

When you arrive pick up a park guide this will tell you all you need to know, show times, met and greets ect.

Hope I've helped a little! Above all have a wonderful time!

Hi there thanks for you're help ... We are staying in Newport bay club 4 nights and 5 days
So much to take in as I want to make the right decisions and get the most out of it  😀

Cofianna

Quote from: A&S&O on January 03, 2016, 12:53:23 PM
You need to decide a few things first which will have knock on effects for other things. Let us know more and we can tailor our help.

How are you getting there - fly, train or car - can make a difference on whether its practical to stay on site or offsite.

How long is your stay? Makes a difference on which hotel to choose. Also, whether to stay in a Disney hotel which includes park tickets, or stay offsite and buy tickets (possibly Annual Passes if you are going in the park for more than three days).

Are you likely to go again within 12 months - if so, an Annual Pass is even better.

Hi thanks for you're reply
We are staying in Newport bay club for 4 nights and 5 days. We are flying from Liverpool uk.
I would like the boys yo have the experience of breakfast with some characters (Micky , Minnie ,goofy ... There not fussed on princesses!!) want to do things like meet and greet Spider-Man if he's there, buzz, woody etc ... Don't know if you turn up or pre- book these things ... I have read a few magazines etc but have information overload at the moment!! Thanks

A&S&O

Sounds like the travel / accommodation is already planned and booked.

Meet and greets are pot luck, although some characters appear in the same spots regularly. There should be a timetable of who is where (and when). Just turn up and queue.

Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy, Goofy, Pluto and Chip n Dale (Tic and Tac in French) are in Disney Park for Magic Hours.

Spiderman has a dedicated spot in the Studios. Likewise Buzz.

Not sure where Woody is these days.

Also, not sure if the characters will be back in the hotels when you're there.

Breakfast with the characters is in Café Mickey in Disney Village.
Planning WDW 2019
1997 DLP x2, 1998 DLP x2, 1999 DLP, 2000 DLP Millenium, 2002 DLP, 2003 DLR, 2004 WDW + DLP, 2005 DLP + DLR, 2006 WDW, 2007 DLP x2, 2008 WDW + DLP x3, 2009 DLP x7, 2010 WDW (+ extra week due to ash cloud!), 2011 DLR, 2012 WDW + DLP, 2013 WDW + DLP, 2014 WDW + DLPx3 (inc. daytrip for Ratatouille preview), 2015 DLR + DLPx3, 2016 WDW + DLP, 2017 WDW x2 + DLP, 2018 WDW + DLP x2. Coming up - ?

Cofianna

thanks for all you're help and advice really appreciated  :)