Disneyland Paris Jobs - Casting news and tips

Started by needmagic, April 23, 2007, 03:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chiyo

Hello Heffalumpy!

That's bad to hear from you, that they cut you and put you on the waitinglist an so on.... makes me worry for my audition(s).
But I don't think there is upper age limit, or better say a low upper age limit, cause I'm 28 and they invited me to audition.
So first, don't worry about the age.
And second... I wish you good luck for auditioning again... maybe we're going to be co-workers someday, in case they take me, what I really hope an wish ^^

Heffalumpy

Hi Chiyo  :)
I'm 25.  I knew of people in their 40s who worked as character performers in Florida, I just hoped the Paris ones were the same just in case I decide to try much later on in life  ;)
I wouldn't give up if I were you(I should take my own advice).  I suppose the best way to look at it is not to compare other people's experiences to what yours might be.  So I didn't get it...but you might and if they're employing that many people then it sounds like you stand a good chance.
Just smile, make your actions big and try to be happy, I think thats the best advice I can give you and its the best I have received from others.
Good luck and let us know how it goes!  Maybe one day I will audition in Paris for a change from London  :P ...

Chiyo

Oh yeah, I have seen the "old" Characterperformers in Florida *smile* To see a "old" Fairy Godmother made me believe that I could do that to. So now I'm dreaming about to be a Characterperformer, and once, when I'm old, I could be the Fairy Godmother and can make little princesses happy with a little Bibbidu bibbidbi ,or how she says it *dropp* still have to practice *giggle*

Thanks for your advice, I will try my best, and I hope, I will have fun in Paris. I guess, I don't have to think I'm at audition, just somewhere to play and have fun - something like the Animeconventions I visited in costume ^^

Sure I will keep you informed *smile* Not long anymore ;)

alaina82

Im 28 and im off out there next friday....i plan to be their oldest Tinkerbell :)

Heffalumpy

Good Luck Alaina  :D
I wish I could be a face character but I can't dance so it doesn't make a difference lol.
Do you know who else you get to be friends with?  The mice perhaps?  Have you worked there before?

Snowly Whitely

Hey,
I've just looked at the audition calender and seen that dlrp are holding more auditions in Leeds and London in Sept. I'm a little worried as why do they need to find more people when they have lots of people on the books from July auditions?! (ie ME!) Does this mean they've got all the people they need from that round of auditions? or am i still in with a chance?
[size=150]Hey There, Hi There, Ho There! It\'s a Disney Kinda Day![/size]

Heffalumpy

Erm...they always do that...one of the many things that gets on my nerves I have to say.  :x
Like why look for other people when you've got hundreds waiting already who would love to do the job  :?

Heffalumpy

Oh yes, you're still in with a chance I forgot to say.  You are on the books for 6 months, if they don't find you a position they send you a pretty (but pointless) letter saying they are sorry and that you can come and audition again.

alaina82

Yeh i think its just pot luck whether u get a call or not!

Theyre also auditioning in Holland this mth, Amsterdam i think, so its not just the UK auditionees that u have to contend with! Dont give up hope tho, lots of people have left recently so they may just take a while to get round to everyone!

If you do plan on going to the auditions this month let us know how u get on...Good Luck :)

Mason Cooper

Quote from: "Heffalumpy"How tall are you, do you know who you might get to be friends with if you get picked?

I'd say don't lose heart! There is always a chance! And i'm 6 ft so I believe i could be special friends with Goofy but I'm not 100% sure. They didn't actually tell anyone at the audition so i dunno.

Quote from: "Snowly Whitely"Hey,
I've just looked at the audition calender and seen that dlrp are holding more auditions in Leeds and London in Sept. I'm a little worried as why do they need to find more people when they have lots of people on the books from July auditions?! (ie ME!) Does this mean they've got all the people they need from that round of auditions? or am i still in with a chance?

Lol yeh i noticed that and asked the same question on the page before this one on this forum! i believe that the turn over if quite high at disney so they hold loads of auditions. I was also speaking to someone who told me that sometimes alot of people on the waiting list actually pull out without telling Disney so they call people who don't want the job in the end so they hold audition regulary to make sure they have people if they need them!

And not long now is it Alaina!! Bet you're so excited! I know I would be lol!

Mason  :D
I\'ve been having these weird thoughts lately... like is any of this for real or not?
<3 Kingdom Hearts!

Heffalumpy

I'd say you stand a very good chance if you're 6ft  ;) the very tall and the very short are important to them I think.  Goofy and the Mice need lots of friends.  I think the Queen of Hearts, Captain Hook and Baloo might also really want to be friends with you... :thumbs:
I heard the turnover is very high too but I didn't know that a lot of people pull out of the waiting list.  Can't say I blame them to be honest  :(

alaina82

Quote from: "soramason7"And not long now is it Alaina!! Bet you're so excited! I know I would be lol!

Yep a week today to go...infact i'll be in Paris this time next friday  :D

Quote from: "Heffalumpy"I heard the turnover is very high too but I didn't know that a lot of people pull out of the waiting list.  Can't say I blame them to be honest  :(

A lot of people pull out as they get offered other jobs whilst on the waiting list. When i auditioned there were a couple of girls there who had just graduated from Laines so their agents will send them on rounds of auditions and then if theyre lucky they can pick the best offer! Jobs are hard to come by in this business so u have to take what u can get, if someone offers u a job before Disney do then probably 90% of people will take the other offer

laura:)

Quote from: "Snowly Whitely"Hey Laura :D  i think i might  have been next to you in the audition. I was wearing a turquoise vest top and i have curly hair. i cant remember what no. i was. were u the girl that wanted to be tink and we talked to a guy who was obsessed with tink?!

Jaz :D

Hey Jaz,

I think you're thinking of another person because I don't remember speaking to that guy, lol. I was wearing a long grey top and I was no. 280.

Oh and well done for getting on the waiting list :) A lot of us are in the same boat now.

Laura:)

Mason Cooper

Wow Alaina! So jealous of you! lol That's gonna be amazing! hehe

And Heffalumpy I don't think I can be the Queen of hearts or Captain Hook as they are face characters and from what I understand all face characters have to dance which I failed at so don't think i can. And being tall is helpful but still on the waiting list haha! :)

Mason :)
I\'ve been having these weird thoughts lately... like is any of this for real or not?
<3 Kingdom Hearts!

luke85

Quote from: "soramason7"Wow Alaina! So jealous of you! lol That's gonna be amazing! hehe

And Heffalumpy I don't think I can be the Queen of hearts or Captain Hook as they are face characters and from what I understand all face characters have to dance which I failed at so don't think i can. And being tall is helpful but still on the waiting list haha! :)

Mason :)

No, Captain Hook and Queen of Hearts are both costume characters! You could be either if you're tall enough :D