Disneyland Paris Jobs - Casting news and tips

Started by needmagic, April 23, 2007, 03:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

luke85

Quote from: "alaina82"Good evening everyone  :D

Just wanted to say that i auditioned for Arts Ed and Performers and didnt get in anywhere but ive still managed to get a few jobs without the training, I know of people who have been and have never gotten anything! The only thing it helps you with is getting an agent to get you the auditions for the west end etc as without one it becomes a viscious circle....cant get a job without an agent but agents wont take you on without jobs! Im too old now to think that i'll ever make it to west end so Disney for me is just a chance to get fit, make some new friends and have fun. Luckily for me i still look young enough to be able to compete with people in their early 20s but im also really short so looks like my forte may be in kids stuff....which seeing as im a big kid myself suits me fine  :P

I dont think that going to drama/dance college is the be all and end all it just means that you have to work extra hard to get that elusive job. Make sure you have something to fall back on tho as this industry can be tough so if you have another interest try and pursue that, for me i went to uni and studied Criminology and Criminal Justice so have another career that i could work at when the performing stops. In the meantime tho most of you are young enough to try as much as possible, sign up to an extra agency or look on casting call pro or starnow for other jobs. Life is too short so if you have a dream follow it and it may come true  :D

Completely agree Alaina! Before my audition for Disney in March, I hadn't done any dance/performing for about 6 years when I did performance studies at college. It just goes to show that all the professional training in the world can only take you so far, sometimes to get a job you just need that something special that the casting people are looking for.

Chiyo

Gnaaaaaaaaaaaah...  what the.....? I just sent the e-mail to the Charcter and Paradedepartment, like soramason recommended it, to confirm that I will attend on 29th September (cause they sent me an e-mail a second time) - but it came back, as an undeliverable mail  :shock:
Okay, I will let it just like that, probably it was really a mistake?

Oh man, I'm really to nervous *lol*

itslewis

Mason Cooper

Quote from: "itslewis"O' dear...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldne ... -Duck.html

Oh my! Lol I'm sure it must have been a misunderstanding... Well I hope it was!

Mason :D
I\'ve been having these weird thoughts lately... like is any of this for real or not?
<3 Kingdom Hearts!

luke85

Whoopsie!

Hopefully it was just a misunderstanding, he probably brushed past her and this woman's gone all law crazy and decided  she wants some cash, which she'll ultimately get as Disney will probably end up settling out of court.

Mason Cooper

Quote from: "luke85"Whoopsie!

Hopefully it was just a misunderstanding, he probably brushed past her and this woman's gone all law crazy and decided  she wants some cash, which she'll ultimately get as Disney will probably end up settling out of court.

It sounds like this women is just making it all up! Like all her symptoms just seem to over the top! I think that donald might have just accidentally knocked he while trying to give a hug!

Mason :D
I\'ve been having these weird thoughts lately... like is any of this for real or not?
<3 Kingdom Hearts!

Chiyo

I heard this story too. But I also think, it was only a mistake from Donald.
 I mean what else can they do?
They don't put their arms around the hips from guests, only around the  shoulders, just because of this problem. But if this goes further, someday they are not allowed to touch th guests anywhere.
So you can't hug your favorite character anymore? No, that's not the way... We only can hope, that this nightmare never will happen...

Edit: Sorry for the bad english at the moment... can't think at the moment... Probably I think to much about the audition at the moment :)

alaina82

Hahahaha that made me chuckle! Seeing as Donald is one of the smaller characters anyway the chances are that it was a woman inside it as we tend to be smaller than men! Also, i would be quite intrigued as to how a person can actually be 'molested' by hands that big!! Seriously, these people need to get a life :)

Chiyo

But the good thing is... Now we know, what we should NOT do, once we're Characterperformer  :D  
We have to be very careful, because sometimes the people are hypersensitive *giggle*

alaina82

AAGGGGHHHH 2 WEEKS BOYS!!!! :) :) :)

itslewis

Quote from: "alaina82"AAGGGGHHHH 2 WEEKS BOYS!!!! :) :) :)

I CAN NOT WAIT  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

Chiyo

And I'm jealous  :D I can only say: Please prepare everything for me, if I get the job ^^

*prays to the Disneymagic* XDDD

luke85

Eeeeek! :D

_Natalie_x

:'(
We made a wish.. and believed and believed and VOILA![/color]
Here we are... <3[/b]

itslewis

Hey Guys,

Spoke to my friend who is over in Paris in the Character & Parade department and he said he saw my name on the router list haha! YAY! Anyway, he said 20 new people started yesterday 'Friday 13th' and 20 people are starting on '27th August' including me!

Not long now, as if I'm already on the router list! At least I know i'm defiantly going, I had some bizarre feeling that it was all in my head and I arrived in Paris with no one waiting for me...

Lewis  :D