Disneyland Paris Jobs - Casting news and tips

Started by needmagic, April 23, 2007, 03:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doug89

@doug89: I think you were right to email them back straight away. Have you heard anything now that the weekend's over? If you don't hear anything by the end of the week, I think you should definitely email them again and just emphasise how eager and enthusiastic you are for the job and say that you really hope you can come to an agreed change of dates so that you can have this opportunity.

Nothing - going a bit mad! Need to know if I need to find somewhere to live in Dublin for the summer or not. Was that a definite offer though? It seemed so all over the place - the fact that it asked to say if I wanted a smoking or non-smoking room made it seem definite, but then other things like get back to us and we might get back to you made it not! Any ideas about the 'a partir du mois du' that really threw me.

Anyone else gotten one of these emails?

sophie

Hi guys,

I had a skype-interview about a boutique-job earlier this spring, and got put in the talent pool. It seems like they've started sending out the contracts about the summer (although I haven't heard of any Swede such as myself getting one from the talentpool..?) but do you think I should email them and ask just so they know I'm still really eager about the job, or will that just annoy them?

NaeBad

@sophie - I emailed them a few weeks ago, simply enquiring how long it would take for them to email me with a contract, if there was a place available for me of course, and with other general questions.  My friend also did the same.  They sent us back an automated, generic message saying that they are basically not in a position to give any more information at this time.  It is very frustrating!  We both went for an interview back in December, just to work in boutiques etc and were accepted into the talent pool, but we've not heard anything yet either.  It's so frustrating to hear that other people have had news already.  Perhaps they're simply doing one country at a time, as I don't believe many people in Britain or Ireland have heard back yet either...

Nao

@NotreClaire I did, because in the FAQ it said so that you should send them. After the cover letter thing it asked me for "attachments", so that's where I uploaded the photographs. And it's okay right because the French auditions are open not only for French people but to everyone, it's not like they don't need to apply. Well, I heard a few times that people were turned down, maybe their CV just didn't fit the description but I don't know what would be the real reason for it of course. So no, they don't invite everyone but I think most of those who apply anyway, I'm not really sure most people just go to the open talent castings so there's not as much information about the closed ones..
Why do all my dreams extend, just around the riverbend?// DREAMERS UNITE! ?
[size=85]ICON CREDIT[/size]

NotreClaire

@Naebad: I am from the Netherlands and I have had an interview for salesgirl in the boutiques too, on the 6th of April. I haven't heard from them yet either. I really want to know if I get through because then I can start focussing on moving there and getting a new job for afterwards. I've got the feeling like a lot of people have been put into the talentpool though.. :/ I have sent my recruiter mrs Korssen an email, but I got an "Out of office" reply. She will be back on he 29th, so I hope she can provide me with more information then.
I don\'t know when,
I don\'t know how,
but I know something\'s starting right now

NaeBad

@NotreClaire - I know how you're feeling.  I desperately need to work in France over the summer to practice my French, as I will be moving to Russia for a year in September and won't be able to speak French for a while :/  I've tried to look for other little Summer jobs across France but I can't seem to find anything that is as good an opportunity as Disneyland.  I really want to get flights booked and give my family a bit of notice, and I'm scared to take another job across there in case they contact me during summer and offer me a short placement.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they'll get in contact soon...

NotreClaire

@Naebad I know right? I was very happy when I got the message that I had been placed into the Talentpool; back then I thought it was a huge accomplishment. Little did I know.. ^^" I wish Disney would be a little bit more clear about everything. Sure, it must work great for them, having Talentpools which work like catalogues for them. They can pick whoever they want whenever they want. But it's very unclear for their potential employees-to-be.
I don\'t know when,
I don\'t know how,

Tiffanyfinsy

Quote from: "DisneyBud"
Quote from: "Tiffanyfinsy"
Quote from: "DisneyBud"@Nao, Astya, Tiffanyfinsy I was at the audition too yesterday! Maybe I saw you and didn't realise. I had so much fun there :)

Anddddd.......did you pass the audition? (:

For the other people: when I was in London, they said to me that I must wait for 3 months to audition again i guess...

It went really well :) I got through animation, and dancing and went back in the afternoon for a fitting. Was lots of fun! Was also a bizarre feeling being an english person in a room full of dutch people.

That's amazing, did you fit for a look-a-like? Congrats on passing! (:
Do what your heart desires and dont worry about what the others think. At the end of the day, what makes you happy is what matters the most.

Tiffanyfinsy

Quote from: "Astya"@Tiffanyfinsy - which day did you go in November in the UK??  I was there :)  How far did you get that time?  I really hope I can pass the dance next time!!  What did you put on your CV??  Ahhh!!  So excited for you :)  (and a bit jealous... hehe)

Keep seeing Natalie's pics and statuses on facebook, sooooo want to go out there!

I was on the 22th of november I guess, I know it was the same as you! You said later on the forum that you where the only one who was wearing jeans haha! I already cut out of the animation (I got the feeling I did too much, I lost myself and just wanted to be great...not a great option that time)! I hope so too, would be nice to join me in Paris! :D

I put on all my acting/dancing/singing stuff on my CV, I already had an CV because I'm doing a lot lately, but it was in Dutch haha! Ah thanks, I caaaaaaaaaaan't wait!! Going to email Daniel this week about my available too (I can start earlier If there is a place for me woohoo) So hopefully, I get the chance to start earlier  [-o<

Does somebody know how it goes futher btw?
Do what your heart desires and dont worry about what the others think. At the end of the day, what makes you happy is what matters the most.

Tiffanyfinsy

Quote from: "Cendrillon"
Quote from: "morjen"Hey everyone,

Just wondering did anyone who was at the London auditions on the 10,11,12th of January who were put in talent pool for jobs around the park (boutique, restauraunt etc) hear anything from Disney yet? :)

Mine was in November and I'm still waiting!

@Tiffanyfinsy: congratulations! I really hope you get the call soon, you completely deserve this opportunity (:

And thank you so much, I really hope so! Can't waaaaaaait!!!  [-o<

sineadlemonade

Wowww, every time I check this forum there's more exciting news! ^u^
@Tiffanyfinsy CONGRATULATIONS! I hope you find out more soon, that's sooo exciting, well done! :D

eeeeek, can't believe it's nearly been 6 months since my interview! Keep anxiously checking here to see if anyone in the UK has heard anything!

Astya

@Tiffanyfinsy - Ah so there is hope for us that got cut last time!!  :D  Hehe.

People who are doing boutique jobs...what contract lengths can you get offered?  Did I see someone worked for 2 weeks???

NotreClaire

@Astya:  Around 2 months. I had my interview at the 6th of April in Holland and mrs Korssen (the recruiter) is out of office till 29. I expect an answer from her once she's back.

And guys, how many people show up on an open casting audition in France? Has anyone have experience with that? Because I am afraid that it will be a lot more people than in Holland, Sweden or England..
I don\'t know when,
I don\'t know how,

mackattack

Hey guys..so anxiously waiting to get a job offer for a summer contract..I really hope they email me one! :D Kind of annoying there are no definite answers but I'm glad that almost everyone seems to be in the same boat and that they havn't forgotten about me..

Just wondering when you are emailing them with inquiries as to when the summer contracts will be out, do you just email the generic email address, the one they send you when they told you you were in the talent pool, ie. dlp.casting ??

Fingers crossed we'll know soon...

:)

fabmoolah

Quote from: "mackattack"Hey guys..so anxiously waiting to get a job offer for a summer contract..I really hope they email me one! :D Kind of annoying there are no definite answers but I'm glad that almost everyone seems to be in the same boat and that they havn't forgotten about me..

Just wondering when you are emailing them with inquiries as to when the summer contracts will be out, do you just email the generic email address, the one they send you when they told you you were in the talent pool, ie. dlp.casting ??

Fingers crossed we'll know soon...

:)

I would email Noellie directly. For example, when I emailed the casting one about obtaining an interview, it took them three weeks to reply. Conversely, when I emailed Noellie herself about the date for the skype interview, it took like a day to get a response.