Disneyland Paris Jobs - Casting news and tips

Started by needmagic, April 23, 2007, 03:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nao

Hey guys, I went to the audition today but I got cut after the dance ):
I don't really know why but I think I was trying too hard with my sloppy self-made dance moves (because I COULDN'T DANCE of course, I'm not a dancer and I thought maybe if I just smile and do my own dance I'll make it for the characters). I really regret doing that because I think that way it was more noticeable that I couldn't do the moves they taught us. I'm really sad because I heard that you can't audition for 3 months and I can NOT be at Disney for the entire winter so I'm sad because maybe I won't get to work Disney at all if I can start in August because you have to work for a minimum of 4 months... So, really really sad. I also noticed lots of people who made it to the end they were complaining and stuff and they were obviously not there because they really wanted to work for Disney at all (also lots of people who made it through the dance thing weren't smiling so I was a bit confused, but I guess they needed loads of professional dancers. as well as most ethnic people getting cut, so I think they were looking for Cinderella, Aurora and other blonde/Caucasian characters), this made me feel sad because I even cried (which was super-embarrassing btw) because I just want this more than anything.. ): really not feeling well now. I'm not going to give up and I'll audition again but that time will be my last chance because I have to be available for other things during february-may etc. ): ): so if I don't make it then my dream of two years is falling to shatters (which again, just sucks more because there were only like 20 people cut from the dance round ): and because there were loads of people there who didn't seem excited about Disney/Disneyland at all)

Sigh. But I wonder guys, does an open talent casting actually count as an audition because they never mentioned at the audition or anywhere surrounding it that you can't audition again? Doesn't the three-month rule only apply to the auditions you have to apply for then? If that's true I have time for auditioning in June (otherwise I'd have to wait till July/August D: ) so I would love to of course..

Also, Tiffanyfinsy made it to the end! (Congrats, congrats, congrats again) And also a few other Disney-fans who weren't professional dancers so I was happy for them and there were very nice people who got through I hope they get to go to Paris :) I bet Tiffany will let us know about her experience though!~
Why do all my dreams extend, just around the riverbend?// DREAMERS UNITE! ?
[size=85]ICON CREDIT[/size]

LanaL

Quote from: "MJLiisu"Hey guys!! I've been reading this forum for months now but I didn't have anything to say until now. I have been in a talent pool since the beginning of March and got a job offer TODAY starting from the end on June in boutiques. I know they said that we have to wait until May but I'm just saying get yourselves ready because the job offers are coming !!!! wopp wooop how exciting is that? :D

I was working in Disney back in summer 2010 but this year's application system has been soo different ''thanks'' to that talent pool.
Hello!
I have been in a talent pool since the beginning of March and got a job offer yesterday! Starting from the end on June too.  :D
Counter service food and beverage host.
I'm new in the Disney Team and I'd like to ask you about this job title.

MJLiisu

Quote from: "fantastique"Congratulations!! Where did you have your interview and what did you put down as your starting date if you don't mind me asking? I'm in the talent pool since march as well, can't wait for an offer (that is if I'm getting one haha) :lol:

I had my interview in Tallinn, Estonia and I put 1st July as my startin date ( until the end of August) but the contract that was offered to me was from 30th June until 1s Septembre. I can only talk about the situation in Estonia but now they have sent out most of the job offers here :)

MJLiisu

Quote from: "LanaL"Hello!
I have been in a talent pool since the beginning of March and got a job offer yesterday! Starting from the end on June too.  :D

I think u r going to work in a buffet restaurant where u have to check and bring the food, clean tables and be in the ''caisse'' or it might be that u r goign to work in a fancier restaurant where there's table service(and a possibility to get great tip! :thumbs:). It all comes down to Disney and how many ppl accept the job offer. In 2010 they told as exactly the name of the place where we r going to work but I guess that this year u will get to know it when u get in Disney. But anyways I'm suppper excited for everybody. Can't wait to go to Billy Bob's with u guys to have a Magic Forum member drinking night  :D/

MJLiisu

Quote from: "Cendrillon"Congratulations MJLiisu! That's so exciting to know they're on their way! If you don't mind me asking, how long is your contract for?

Exactly 2 months but I might stay longer...until New Years maybe  [-o<

MJLiisu

Quote from: "Chag"@MJLisuu Congrats, thats promising that they're sending out stuff now! I'm hoping for a boutiques job as well :)

I was just wondering if anyone knows what my kinda situation would be. I had my interview in May 2011, got placed in the talent pool and then went out for a 2 week stint as a 'Vendeuse Boutique' over Christmas, which was tres bien!

Shortly after that I got an (I think standard) email asking if I could do the Fevrier Vacances season or be a CDD for a few months til' the end of summer, which i didn't reply to because I couldn't, I'm at Uni.

Would I still be in the talent pool to be contacted? I mean, I'm not sure if I'm still in the talent pool. I haven't explicitly told them my availability this summer ...

As far as I know ''the disney connection'' is for a year since ur finishing date. They usually offer u two more high seasons and then delete u from their list. I think it's better if u apply again or send them an e-mail saying u hae worked there and would like to return  ;)

fantastique

I went to the one in Dublin and as far as I know no one has heard anything :( hopefully they'll get sent out soon.

fabmoolah

Quote from: "fantastique"I went to the one in Dublin and as far as I know no one has heard anything :( hopefully they'll get sent out soon.

I had mine on Skype at the beginning of March. I have heard nothing either, I cannot tell you how frustrating this is. Out of interest, how many languages do you speak and what is your standard of French?

fantastique

Quote from: "fabmoolah"
Quote from: "fantastique"I went to the one in Dublin and as far as I know no one has heard anything :( hopefully they'll get sent out soon.

I had mine on Skype at the beginning of March. I have heard nothing either, I cannot tell you how frustrating this is. Out of interest, how many languages do you speak and what is your standard of French?
I speak four languages (though my German is quite rusty) and I think my French is pretty good since I've studied it for 7 years now  :thumbs:

LanaL

Quote from: "MJLiisu"
Quote from: "LanaL"Hello!

I think u r going to work in a buffet restaurant where u have to check and bring the food, clean tables and be in the ''caisse'' or it might be that u r goign to work in a fancier restaurant where there's table service(and a possibility to get great tip! :thumbs:). It all comes down to Disney and how many ppl accept the job offer. In 2010 they told as exactly the name of the place where we r going to work but I guess that this year u will get to know it when u get in Disney. But anyways I'm suppper excited for everybody. Can't wait to go to Billy Bob's with u guys to have a Magic Forum member drinking night  :D/
Thanks!  :)
Buffet restaurant - more probable. "You should be able to carry heavy trays" (?)

LanaL

Hi everybody,
Anybody here who has done this kind of a job "Counter service food and beverage host"?  ;)

doug89

Hey, I've been following this forum for aaaaaaaaages.

Got this email 10 days ago -
Vendeur Boutique

Contrat de  4 à 5 mois à partir du mois du 28 avril 2012

Horaires travaillés : 35 h /semaine (pour rappel, une journée de 7 heures de travail peut commencer au plus tôt à 6 h 30 et se terminer au plus tard  à  2 h du matin)

Rémunération mensuelle brute : 1412.38 euros
Pass Navigo : remboursé à 75 % pour le trajet domicile / lieu de travail

Vous serez logé en chambre partagée dans nos appartements meublés (WIFI possible). Le loyer mensuel  est de 291 euros (caution de 200 euros encaissé lors de votre arrivée). N'hésitez pas à nous indiquer votre préférence pour une chambre fumeur ou non fumeur. Nous essaierons de vous satisfaire dans la mesure du possible.

Le nombre de postes étant limité, merci de bien vouloir me confirmer par retour de mail avant le vendredi 13 avril 2012  - 15 heures  si vous êtes intéressé ou pas par notre offre . Nous vous confirmerons votre embauche dans la limite de nos disponibilités.

Emailed them back LITERALLY about 10 mins later, saying that as I said in my interview I've exams until May 12th, and could I start after that. Not a peep back, what do you guys reckon is the story? Are they just really slow at getting back? Or did they only want people that could start April 28th (the whole du mois du... thing really confused me). I emailed again today and got an out of office reply until Monday...fingers crossed.

Astya

Quote from: "Nao"Hey guys, I went to the audition today but I got cut after the dance ):
I don't really know why but I think I was trying too hard with my sloppy self-made dance moves (because I COULDN'T DANCE of course, I'm not a dancer and I thought maybe if I just smile and do my own dance I'll make it for the characters). I really regret doing that because I think that way it was more noticeable that I couldn't do the moves they taught us. I'm really sad because I heard that you can't audition for 3 months and I can NOT be at Disney for the entire winter so I'm sad because maybe I won't get to work Disney at all if I can start in August because you have to work for a minimum of 4 months... So, really really sad. I also noticed lots of people who made it to the end they were complaining and stuff and they were obviously not there because they really wanted to work for Disney at all (also lots of people who made it through the dance thing weren't smiling so I was a bit confused, but I guess they needed loads of professional dancers. as well as most ethnic people getting cut, so I think they were looking for Cinderella, Aurora and other blonde/Caucasian characters), this made me feel sad because I even cried (which was super-embarrassing btw) because I just want this more than anything.. ): really not feeling well now. I'm not going to give up and I'll audition again but that time will be my last chance because I have to be available for other things during february-may etc. ): ): so if I don't make it then my dream of two years is falling to shatters (which again, just sucks more because there were only like 20 people cut from the dance round ): and because there were loads of people there who didn't seem excited about Disney/Disneyland at all)

Sigh. But I wonder guys, does an open talent casting actually count as an audition because they never mentioned at the audition or anywhere surrounding it that you can't audition again? Doesn't the three-month rule only apply to the auditions you have to apply for then? If that's true I have time for auditioning in June (otherwise I'd have to wait till July/August D: ) so I would love to of course..

Also, Tiffanyfinsy made it to the end! (Congrats, congrats, congrats again) And also a few other Disney-fans who weren't professional dancers so I was happy for them and there were very nice people who got through I hope they get to go to Paris :) I bet Tiffany will let us know about her experience though!~

Oh Nao I'm so sorry to hear that!   :cry:   I got cut after the dance too.  It's tricky, you just don't know what they're looking for!  They should have said on the day how long you had to wait?  For the UK ones I did I think it was 6 months.  Not sure.  I think you were on the right lines with smiling though!  They said at the one I went to that was more important than perfect dancing.  Maybe this time they just needed more dancers...who knows.  I know you must feel rubbish right now, but just take it as a learning experience and have another go.  They might not have been looking for you this time, but maybe next time!  Also, some don't even get through the animation, so I think that's a definite positive to take away.

Congrats Tiffany!  Maybe you can share some words of advice for us for our next auditions??  :)

Also, guys applying for shop jobs...what length contracts can you do?  Did someone say they did just 2 weeks??  I really want to apply but can't really be away for months any time soon...

Disniamh

fabmoolah wrote:
fantastique wrote:
I went to the one in Dublin and as far as I know no one has heard anything  hopefully they'll get sent out soon.

I speak four languages (though my German is quite rusty) and I think my French is pretty good since I've studied it for 7 years now  

Ah comforting to hear the irish contracts aren't given out yet! was beginning to get worried there! must be in the next week or so hopefully! fingers crossed for everyone :)

DisneyBud