Disneyland Paris Jobs - Casting news and tips

Started by needmagic, April 23, 2007, 03:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rex

Yeah, you have noooo idea how helpful you have been, thank you soooo much!! I don't think I'll have problem through the changes just the timing... so can't wait! Do we do it all at the same time or one after the other? Do they tell you to change, or do you count then change? So many questions just when I think I've covered it all!

I have zumba 1.. hard work!! but really good!!

'O I just can't wait to be king'! Hhahaha gotta love that song!... right enough typing.... gotta get dancing!

Type you all later xx
Just think of a wonderful thought..

Astya

Haha.  I was like that :D  I added Natalie on facebook and bombarded her with questions lol.  

You practise it and they count and tell you when to change, but when you perform you perform in around 10s I think, in 2 lines and they don't tell you, you have to remember, but seriously they go through it enough times it's okay.  I think the thing to remember is, they want to see your best, not scare you :)

@Rebecca - That was my hope!!  I'm a musician so I have good timing, just I don't dance like a dancer, I'm not used to the steps and my moves are tentative.  I found it really difficult to learn the whole thing in the time.

Mirrorball

LOL, I've been on the dancemat again today, trying to improve my moves. I have decent rhythm (or at least I like to think so...), it's just learning steps that I have such little experience in. The last time I had to learn a dance was nearly nine years ago and that was a really simple square dance!

I've been practising my animation moves to the Party Gras music on YT as well so hopefully I'll be okay with the counting and changing by next week. Eeek, I'm so nervous!

rebecca

I had another thought, do it infront of a mirror so you can practise smiling while trying to keep up haha! We have a massive mirror in the front room so I can see how stupid I look and the faces...... oh dear lord they're terrible! Oooooh I'm so excited for you all!! x

Astya

Well of course the auditions in a dance room so you have a big mirror there too hehe.  I just kept catching sight of myself compared to the dancers who'd come in stage make up and thinking 'wow I look pale' lol.  Next time I go I will wear a bit of blush and eyeliner.  I had a cold coming on and I'd been up since about quarter to 5...I didn't look my best lol.

sineadlemonade

Quote from: "rebecca"It would be amazing if we were all out together, Natalie arrives 2 weeks after me so we'll be there at the same time :D Get out here everybody (; x
ahhh my god, if i don't end up with a contract (heaven forbid) i'll probably have to pay the park a visit just to see you guys haha
@Cendrillon you too, we'll probably find out at the same time then >.<

everyone auditioning for characters, watch this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-rubFlyv0c my friend showed it to me and i found it hilarious (maybe it's just me though :roll: ) i hope it makes you smile (and maybe inspires you?) :) x

rebecca

Quote from: "sineadlemonade"
Quote from: "rebecca"It would be amazing if we were all out together, Natalie arrives 2 weeks after me so we'll be there at the same time :D Get out here everybody (; x
ahhh my god, if i don't end up with a contract (heaven forbid) i'll probably have to pay the park a visit just to see you guys haha
@Cendrillon you too, we'll probably find out at the same time then >.<

i'm sure you will get a contract, they're just taking their time as usual (; summer will be fabby, esp if there's a group of us! so get on it auditionees for next week aha x

Rex

Well spent a good 2 hours parading in my living room... just dance 1 and broadway accomplished.. pleasantly surprised myself actually.

I have relatively good rythum, just as long as I don't have to use my arms and feet at the same time! :P (actually thats not really a joke)

For the comment on the mirrors.. I pull the worst faces, so will be practising not looking like I'm trying to fart while dancing first thing in the morning! :lol:
Just think of a wonderful thought..

_Natalie_x

Omfg I just wrote like an essay and then deleted it by accident. Damn this iPod!!!!! :'(
Ok I'll try and write it again..
Heeey guys I wish I was going to the auditions in a few days just cuz it's fun and I wanna meet all the amazing magic forum people!! ;) :D
Sinead and cendrillion, you're gonna have to let us n ow as soon as you get your texts, would be sooo cool if we were all over ther at the same time, or working in a similar place!!! Crazy unlikely but you never know :p
@rex havent seen your posts here before so I guess you're new well HELLO !! Nice to meet you I'm Natalie :D good idea playin on just dance, every bit of movement practice you can get is a plus, can't do any harm really can it?! :D I've got an Xbox so I'm on dance central 24/7 hahahaha :D
Best of luck everyone who's auditioning, let know how it goes :D
I darent scroll cuz I'll probably delete everything but for whoever posted that video of goofy, LOL amazing! Bounced straight back up though didn't he!! Once I saw Winnie the pooh crouched down having a photo with a child and he just lost balance and rolled backwards on his bum it was so funny.
Hope you're all having a magical day and here's a lil treat, ;) a preview from Tangled Ever After, a short that premieres before beauty and the beast in cinemas (if it ever comes over here) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Eth94nB ... ata_player :D xx
We made a wish.. and believed and believed and VOILA![/color]
Here we are... <3[/b]

missariel

Hello future face characters!
Today will be my last day on the forum :O Im off to carlisle tomorrow and staying there until my train so I wont be able to get online after today!
Good luck to everyone and I hope we all get through :D (good thinking those practicing on Wii ect.! )
If you want to spot me at the auditions ill be there at 9 by myself, Blonde shoulderlength hair, red/purply top, black pants, a grey coat if its cold and a terrified expression on my face! :D
hope some of you recognise me :)
See you all there! eek! :D xx
...Wish I could be part of that world...

CharlotteWelsh

@MissAriel,
Good luck to youuu!, we will all have to come on here and let everyone know how we got on!, Excited! :) x

Mirrorball

Have fun in Carlisle, missariel, and I'll see you on Tuesday!

Astya

GOOD LUCK!!!  :D  Let us know how you get on, that goes for everyone!!  :)

Speaking of dancing...I'm watching Riverdance on tv.  I wish I was graceful!  Lol.

Nao

@Missariel Well good luck in advance! :)

I hope all of you will let us know how it goes!

It would be amazing if there was like a big magicforum-crew out there in Disneyland haha! I think it would be such fun to meet all of you!!  So fingers crossed for each and everyone of you :)
Why do all my dreams extend, just around the riverbend?// DREAMERS UNITE! ?
[size=85]ICON CREDIT[/size]

rebecca

good luck everyone! y'all had better report back asap :D x