Disneyland Paris Jobs - Casting news and tips

Started by needmagic, April 23, 2007, 03:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rex

Thanks Astya! Got to be quiet a happy cowboy and pirate then... lol! and Mirrorball, don't think that was a silly question I was wondering that.. but I'm planing on being silent just incase :)
Just think of a wonderful thought..

CafeFantasia

In this context, what exactly is "animation"?

gldc

Quote from: "rebecca"
Quote from: "sineadlemonade"sorry to backtrack but btw @_Natalie_x and @rebecca, did you have to speak much French when you rang them back regarding the text about your contract?

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE GOING FOR CHARACTER AUDITIONS, i'm excited for you all! ^.^

They couldn't understand my last name (Hibbard is a stupid name hahah) so they switched to English! And I think that Natalie spoke English from the start, so it's okay to do that. They don't mind (: Have you had a text? x

Every character I met there could speak very very little French so it's completely fine to not talk any apparently.  :?
DLP Visits: Summer 2003 // April 2011 // Christmas 2011 as a Cast Member // April 2012 // April 2013 // Returning June 2014 to September 2015 as a Cast Member // February 2016

WDW Visits: Summer 2013 as a Cast Member // September 2015
DLR Visits: August 2013 // September 2015

My Cast Member blog - http://www.mepipe.com

CharlotteWelsh

@That is a good question, although if the music is loud i should think its silent?
But i was also wondering that,

+ is that the youtube link to the animation music or dance?x

Astya

Animation.  If you guys can remember any of the music or moves from the dance section after your audition and could feed that back, that'd be ace ;)

Animation is silent really, yeah.

@Alan - The animation bit is like mime/acting.  :)

sineadlemonade

Quote from: "rebecca"
Quote from: "sineadlemonade"sorry to backtrack but btw @_Natalie_x and @rebecca, did you have to speak much French when you rang them back regarding the text about your contract?

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE GOING FOR CHARACTER AUDITIONS, i'm excited for you all! ^.^

They couldn't understand my last name (Hibbard is a stupid name hahah) so they switched to English! And I think that Natalie spoke English from the start, so it's okay to do that. They don't mind (: Have you had a text? x

Ahh that's a relief! Yes my names awkward too so i'll have the same problem :L
I haven't had a text yet :( but I've asked for a summer contract so i'm not expecting anything for a long while anyway...by the time I get it you'll probably be working there (eeeeee exciting!) xo

Mirrorball

Thanks, Astya. I figured it would probably be silent - I just hoped I might be able to do my evil laugh in the villain bit! Never mind.

Cendrillon

@ sineadlemonade: you definitely have to keep me posted on application/contract updates because I'm hoping for summer, too!

It's so exciting to see this many people applying, just imagine if we all got to be Cast Members together haha (:

missariel

Oh my gosh well now im far too exited.. 5 Sleeps! XD
...Wish I could be part of that world...

rebecca

It would be amazing if we were all out together, Natalie arrives 2 weeks after me so we'll be there at the same time :D Get out here everybody (; x

Rex

omg you guys are sooooo lucky!!!

Ahhhh getting so close... so excited now!! Watched most of Beauty and the Beast last night for the first time in years... forgot how scary it was! lol! Listening to Disney music in the car (well singing as loud as I can to it!) and watching youtube videos of parades at every given chance!!

Still nervous for the animation part... is it dancey type mime to the music or do you mime as if the music wasn't there... if that makes any sence at all!

Hope were all united in dlp one day... would be amazing... then to read back on all these posts... ahhh!!

Not long now :D

Astya

Hehe.  :)  I'm excited and I'm not even going this time lol.

You mime for animation, it's not dancing, just acting :)  Don't worry though, really, they explain it all on the day!  Easy to say I know :)

Rex

Thanks Astya :D

I've become obsessed with this forum.. I've been checking it more than my facebook! :lol:

Just taking my dog for a walk... used it as animation practice time (good thing dogs don't judge!) feeling much better about it, still nervous though!

Bit pickled with this 8 paces thing.. I realised I can not move and count at the same time! think this will hopefully be my last question... do you have to keep walking or can you pause for a second then carry on again (as part of the animation of course)

not long now gang!

.... of to play broadway on the nintendo wii..... every little helps! :lol:

Astya

Haha!  That's so funny Rex, I bought that in the run up to my audition too!  They even have a Lion King dance.  :D  I got Zumba II for Wii for Xmas, maybe that'll sort out my dancing before the next audition.  I don't really know how to work on it.  :/

You have to go straight through in time to the music in animation.  The music helps you count anyway, but it is really fast to change between characters!

rebecca

I was playing Zumba earlier wierdly enough aha, and thought it'd be a good way for non dancers to get used to picking up routines quickly... wierd eh! Esp if you do lots of different ones. Good luck (': x