Disneyland Paris Jobs - Casting news and tips

Started by needmagic, April 23, 2007, 03:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Astya

@ All - The two days are seperate auditions, you won't have to come back.  There is some Disney music and the music they use for the actual animation and dancing is all Disney, of course!  I wouldn't worry as much about shoes, trainers would be fine for the dancing bit.

You guys will love it!  It is kinda scary but it's so much fun and the people running it are so nice.  I'm excited about going again but they said to wait 6 months!

To prepare, I found the music for the animation round online (It's called Disney Partygras or something like that) and did the 8 beats per character.  It's fast on the day!  I'm still trying to find the music they used for the dance though!

Mirrorball

@Astya - is this the music? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdVWV5H4sAE

@missariel - Oh, gosh, I'm trying so hard to stay healthy right now but my house is full of leftover food and drink from our NYE party. It's taking a lot of willpower!

I would absolutely love to be a face character but I'd be thrilled to do anything. Just the experience of working at Disney and living in Paris would be amazing.

_Natalie_x

@astya No maybe i wrote it wrong.. I should be starting in April and staying til September!!!!! .. if theyd email my contract though..
going to ring soon because its been a few weeks!! :/ :(

xxx
We made a wish.. and believed and believed and VOILA![/color]
Here we are... <3[/b]

_Natalie_x

@mirrorball thats the music for the animation part yes!! I dont know about the dancing.. :( xxx
We made a wish.. and believed and believed and VOILA![/color]
Here we are... <3[/b]

Astya

@Natalie - That sounds amazing!  :)  

@Mirrorball, I'm still searching for the dance music, I'll let you know if I find it.  It sounds kinda 'jungly', and I can't remember there being any words.  Just hoping I'll know it when I hear it!

rebecca

good luck to everyone auditioning :D aw natalie, still nothing...? x

miss_loocy

Quote from: "Mirrorball"http://disneylandparis-casting.com/en/news/talent-casting-in-england5

10th and 11th January in London. I'm going to go on the 10th.

thank you Mirrorball! Although, I was hoping to go in the summer for a couple of months, but it says these auditions are for Jan-March contracts for 4 month contracts.. Does anyone know if it's possible to get a summer contract as a character/parade/dancer? If so, when would I go to audition...?
Thanks guys!

missariel

@Rex Ah ill spot you then XD I fancy watching mary poppins actually!
@Mirrorball Todays healthy eating failed miserably.. Nannas like to feed me :D I am a little worried about that.. what is the highest dress size for face characters?

Can you imagine getting through and then starting in Jan? one week or so to pack XD
...Wish I could be part of that world...

Mirrorball

I don't know for sure but I've heard the dresses in the US go up to a US size 8 (which is a UK 12) so I assume they will be the same in Paris. I'm a size 8-10 and 5'6"... but I have big teeth and a bumpy nose so I'm not holding out much hope for being a face character! I've done costume work before though (as a giant snowman!) and it was great fun.

missariel

Ah ok, im a 10 - 12.. but the princesses all look a little slimmer than me!
5'6 should be ok though? I think its just the faries and alice ect. who have to be smaller than that :) I also have big teeth..and some tattoos O_O but they are hidden and ill use cover up anyway just in case!
Giant snowman sounds fun XD

Rex

@missaerial - lol! I'll be there at 9, I'll keep an eye out and try and spot you :D

@ALL - Do they measure you? I know they take height, but do they take waist and bust? Just curious? Girls I'm 26 and a UK size 10 if thats any constellation?!

- Shoes... still shoeless :P been out looking this evening but couldn't decide.. am I better going in regular trainers, canvas ballet style slips or can I just take me shoes off and audition bare foot?

I've already started to pack! hahaha!

@Astya - Thanks so much for the input!
@Mirrorball - thanks for finding the video!  
@_Natalie_x - Thanks for confirming it!

:D/
Just think of a wonderful thought..

Mirrorball

Yeah, 5'6" is within the range for most of the female face characters so I think I'm okay in terms of height and size... it's just the princesses don't look like they have many imperfections! I'm ridiculously pale though so maybe Snow White is a possibility for me!

Giant snowman was great fun - hot and sweaty and I couldn't see anything but I basically got paid to be hugged by children! I'm definitely going to look for more costume character work like that, even if I don't get to work at Disney.

Astya

@Miss_Loocy - They say you should be available a max. of 2 months after the audition, but when I went in Nov they had a word with this girl who I was chatting to after her animation round because she had put down the summer as her availability.  They cut her but I guess they advised her to come back, she looked perfect 'tinkerbell' size!

@Rex - You're welcome!  Sorry if I write a lot, I just remember how nervous I was and I wanted to know literally everything lol.

They only measure your height on the day.  They say (and it seems true from who gets through) that they look for lots of shapes and sizes.  You don't have to be supermodel skinny or have a perfect figure!  They're not just looking for princesses.  Trainers will be fine, shoes-wise, I reckon.  As long as you can move in them, I don't think they'll judge you on them :P

Good luck all you lot who are auditioning.  You'll love it.  Try and memorise some of the dance and what music it is for us lot next time we audition!  :P

Rex

@Astya - no no please type as much as possible, I love reading every bodies experiences and questions! Would it be really odd of me to be bear footed? Because I am really tempted! I'm not worried much about my height and weight, think I will be fit just right for that part, won't be wearing make up, other than mascara. I have a plain vest to wear and a pair of black 3/4 track pants... all in a plastic bag ready to go.... a week early! :P

@All - I just read this from a post all the way back in 2009 is it by chance still true? ..

''You then do stage one, which is an animation round. They give you 5 characters (it's the same for all Disney Auditions) Cowboy, Pirate, Dwarf, Villain and Prince/Princess as well as walking of waving and being full on cheese! You have to 'animate' yourself during the 8 beats and act as that characters... but be OTT and different!''
Just think of a wonderful thought..

missariel

@Rex haha sounds good! Ill be the blonde one quivering in line XD Also, from what I have heard they still do the same animation exercise..havent picked my dwalf yet!

@Mirrorball.. How ironic that being a giant snowman is hot and sweaty :)!