Disneyland Paris Jobs - Casting news and tips

Started by needmagic, April 23, 2007, 03:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

missariel

Hello :)
Thankyou for the warm welcomes Rissa and Cendrillon! Ahh Ariel would be my dream but I would love to have the oppourtunity for any character :)
Natalie, Unfortunatly my icon is a wig! I had very red hair but when I got the job at The Disney Store I had to dye my hair so I am now a Strawberry Blonde :)
Ill have to look back in the thread! I read the first 30 pages or so but then realised there were 87 XD
...Wish I could be part of that world...

goofy90

Hi every1 I'm still on this waiting list n don't want to be forgotten so I want to email Daniel! Any ideas of what to say? Well done to every1 who is on the way!!!! :-D x

rebecca

Quote from: "goofy90"Hi every1 I'm still on this waiting list n don't want to be forgotten so I want to email Daniel! Any ideas of what to say? Well done to every1 who is on the way!!!! :-D x

When did you get the talent pool email? If it's been longer than two months, just stress how keen you still are (: x

goofy90

I'm on the character waiting list so they don't send out emails! It's been about 2months now so I might send him an email thank you!!!! :-D x

rebecca

Quote from: "goofy90"I'm on the character waiting list so they don't send out emails! It's been about 2months now so I might send him an email thank you!!!! :-D x

well jealous you can be a character! it'd be awesome to have more people going out the same time as us (: x

Cosette

Quote from: "_Natalie_x"I am from the north of England, and I am booking tickets to see Les Mis in London tomorrow!!! So excited, I love it !!! Who played JVJ in London when you saw it? X
When I saw it I was working as Au Pair in London and it was a great experience! Jonathan Williams was Jean Valjean when I saw it . I hope you like it! Also the musical "Wicked" in Victoria station  is awesome!  and Phantom of the Opera!!!! :D

Cosette

Quote from: "gldc"if anyone is interested im out here now doing operateur/animateur attractions - im blogging on http://www.mepipe.com
I love you blog. Please write more.  :)

Cosette

Quote from: "missariel"Hello :)
Thankyou for the warm welcomes Rissa and Cendrillon! Ahh Ariel would be my dream but I would love to have the oppourtunity for any character :)
Natalie, Unfortunatly my icon is a wig! I had very red hair but when I got the job at The Disney Store I had to dye my hair so I am now a Strawberry Blonde :)
Ill have to look back in the thread! I read the first 30 pages or so but then realised there were 87 XD
Eiiiii you look like Ariel! Good luck!

Mirrorball

Hi everyone, I'm Emily, another one coming out of lurkdom!

I've read through most of this thread - thank you so much to everyone who's posted tips and stories about their experiences. I really want to go to the London auditions next month. I've acted and done costume character work before but I have zero dance training, so that's the bit I'm really worried about.

This might be a silly question but... the auditions are totally open, aren't they? I can just turn up on the day, right? I've scoured the official site but I can only find information about registering for interviews for the non-performance jobs. The audition info just gives date, time, place and what to wear and bring.

Astya

Hey Mirrorball,

I went to the auditions in London last month - there'll be someone walking around with a clipboard and they'll give you a form to fill in (would be an idea to take a pen), just the basics like name, address, height, dates of availability.  You just turn up on the day, don't need to do anything before, but they are punctual!  I arrived about 5 past 10 (took a while getting across London) and I was one of the last in.  If there's anything I can tell you that will help, please ask.  People were so helpful when I was getting ready to go and I felt much better for it!

I found the dancing hard, I think partly cos I have zero 'stage' experience.  Got through the acting but stuffed up the dancing.  What I would say though is that people got through who did pretty badly at it (one guy in particular, but his animation was really good), Daniel even says on the day, it's more important to smile and give it everything you can (easier said than done though I think!).  He even says, they can teach you to dance but can't teach you to smile, etc.  So I think even if you're doing the wrong moves, do them well and do them big.  Everyone is in the same boat and even the trained dancers found bits of it hard.  Expect them to go through it fast.

I'm trying to find someone to teach me to dance before the next set of auditions I can go for though - I don't think I can get through on just being a character.

@Natalie - Did I read your post right?  Did you get offered a contract of about a month?

Astya x

Tiffanyfinsy

Woooooohoo, its almost 2012 people!!
Anyway, What is Talent pool (the job)? Can someone explain it to me? It sounds interesting..
Do what your heart desires and dont worry about what the others think. At the end of the day, what makes you happy is what matters the most.

Cendrillon

The Talent Pool is what Disney places you in after your interview if they think you have what they're looking for in a Cast Member. It means that your application has been successful, and that if and when a contract becomes available that meets your availability and skills, they'll consider you as a candidate. If you get in to the Talent Pool, then the whole application process sort of becomes a huge waiting game!

Nao

So much good news! Welcome to the new Disney hopefuls!
Well I just wanted to wish everyone a happy new year! Let's hope it will bring us many opportunities (or perhaps even fulfill our Disney wishes)! <3
Why do all my dreams extend, just around the riverbend?// DREAMERS UNITE! ?
[size=85]ICON CREDIT[/size]

rebecca

happy new year everyone!

Mirrorball

Thanks so much for all that info Astya, that's really helpful. Can anyone who's auditioned before remember any specific dance moves they had to do? I could try and brush up on a few basics before next week.

And happy new year, everyone!