Disneyland Paris Jobs - Casting news and tips

Started by needmagic, April 23, 2007, 03:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DisneyBud

So did anyone audition today? Or on Sunday in Leeds? How did you get on?

sassydoll101

hellooo  i dont really know how to use this! but i was wondering if anyone was going to the auditions at pinapple studios today or tomorrow? I missed the leeds one cause i got lost opps lol so im debating to go down to london im just scared of what to expect!!!!! heelp lol xxx

sineadlemonade

Quote from: "Nala7"Hi sineadlemonade!

The interview is in French, but if you don't understand something they speak in english too!
Good luck! :)

yay thank you :D xo

Nala7

Thank you Rebecca!

Good luck to everyone who's going to do the interviews, let us know how it goes! :)

rebecca

Mishel, what do you mean by your post??

rockingrappunzel

Hey everyone, I'm Beth and I'm new to the forums too but have been looking for a few weeks just to get advice from others.

I've had the telephone interview and now have the face to face interview in london on the 12th October (anyone else have one then?) But anyway, I was just wondering if anyone has any advice. What to expect? Is it all in french? What kind of questions/things do they talk about? My french is kinda ok, I've just finished my A level french, but i still worry about it because I'm not confident. I've been practising and watching french tv and stuff, but I freak out when I can't understand it because I think I'm going to freak out in my interview lol :P
Still, i'm pretty excited too, it should be an awesome experience :D

rebecca

Hi Beth! My interview is on the 11th, I'm so excited! How long are you in London for? I've jsut done A level french too, totally worried I've lost it all already....
If anybody could offer any advice on these interviews it'd be great!

rockingrappunzel

Oooh good luck! You'll have to post here afterwards to tell me how it goes. I only live about an hour from London so I'm going to get a train up there for the day. How did your A level french go? And yeah same, I keep trying to revise my french, but I'm too lazy and get too distracted.

tobz12345tobz

Got the phone interview tomorrow, I think, am pretty nervous though, So hoping it all goes well to be honest... :)
any advice?
"Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths."
–Walt Disney

Ashe

Quick question to people who have recieved contracts in the post before! Does it tell you somewhere in that massive pack where exactly you'll be working? I've skimmed it all and can't see it anywhere. It did say I was getting trained at Disney University at Cheyenne but I wasn't sure if that just meant that's where the university is. The company I currently work for advertises to customers that we go through "barista academy" training but "barista academy" is literally a folder with some questions in it which makes me wonder if Disney University is the same deal and Cheyenne is actually the hotel I'll be at!

Haha. I used to think there was a building for the university but I'm starting to doubt that.

Nala7

Quote from: "tobz12345tobz"Got the phone interview tomorrow, I think, am pretty nervous though, So hoping it all goes well to be honest... :)
any advice?

Hi tobz12345tobz!

They ask you to spell the first three leters of your email, when you're availabe, why you want to work at Disney, how many languages do you speak and where do you want to do the face-to-face interview! If you don't understand something they speak in english!
Good Luck!

Nala7

Quote from: "rebecca"Hi Beth! My interview is on the 11th, I'm so excited! How long are you in London for? I've jsut done A level french too, totally worried I've lost it all already....
If anybody could offer any advice on these interviews it'd be great!

Hi rebecca!

I know a girl who has done the face-to-face interview and she says it's easy:
The interview is done in pairs, they ask you first in french what do you study, when you're available, why you want yo work at Disney, if you smoke and if you will stay on the Disney residences!
Then you have to wait one or two weeks to have an answer!
Good luck!!!! Tell me how it goes!!!! :)

nabacliom

Hi there!
I applied months ago to work in Disneyland Paris and received an email about two weeks ago inviting me to the recruitment day in London. I've decided to travel over on the 11th (from Ireland) and just wondering would it be advisable to get there as early as possible?  If I fly over that morning I should arrive around 9.45am and the invitation says it begins at 10am. I'm not factoring in any time for delays either. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. :)

Christine

rockingrappunzel

Quote from: "nabacliom"Hi there!
I applied months ago to work in Disneyland Paris and received an email about two weeks ago inviting me to the recruitment day in London. I've decided to travel over on the 11th (from Ireland) and just wondering would it be advisable to get there as early as possible?  If I fly over that morning I should arrive around 9.45am and the invitation says it begins at 10am. I'm not factoring in any time for delays either. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. :)

Christine

Hi Christine!
yeah I would get there as early as you can. Apparently they start the morning off at 10 with a presentation about the company, and then I'm not sure what happens after that. Are you staying overnight? Because if in doubt it may be a better idea to book in for the recruitment day on the 12th or something.

rebecca

Christine I agree, if you're late they won't let you in!