Disneyland Paris Jobs - Casting news and tips

Started by needmagic, April 23, 2007, 03:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SophieBelle

Hellllooo :)

Is anyone going to the leeds audition on the 12th april?
Im sooo excited, on my mind all the time :D  :roll:
<3
SophieBelle xxxxxx :P

jennjennzo

Yes I am going to the Leeds auditions, it's so exciting and nerve-wracking at the same time. Maybe I will see you there.

Jenn xxx

CharlottexBelle

I'm not going to Leeds, i'm going to London on the 14th but maybe you could let us know how it all goes? :D

Good luck!!!

CharlottexBelle

Quote from: "Jens"Hey Charlotte! Don't worry about the audition in London. I went in London too and there are indeed a lot of dancers and "actors", but like I said earlier, they are not looking for proffesional dancers and shakespearie actors (if you catch my drift). They are looking for people with loads of energy to perform! Don't be scared, you'll do great! :)

About the contracts; I have also heard that they sometimes give people a 3 month contract, but that was also a case in the xmas season and I'm not sure they are willing to give people a short contract for the summer months. Just ask at the audition when you pass (and you will!).

Thank you for your help :) sorry i didn't see this sooner!

I could do a 4month contract but need to be back on one day for a uni interview. Do you get holiday and such?

WelshTink

Ahh, I will be starting my contract in FOUR days!! Is anyone else coming for an Easter contract? Also, I'm a bit confused about accomodation. Do you have to share a room in Bosierie? x

luke85

Quote from: "WelshTink"Ahh, I will be starting my contract in FOUR days!! Is anyone else coming for an Easter contract? Also, I'm a bit confused about accomodation. Do you have to share a room in Bosierie? x

Yes in Boiserie you share a room with one other person, in a flat with either 2 or 3 bedrooms.

sarastar03

hello!!

I received my DLP contract this morning!! I was wondering if anyone knows where to get your birth certificate translated into french from??? also im starting in May and would love to know someone before i start!!  :D  im so excited wooooo lol

miss_loocy

Quote from: "Ziema"
Quote from: "Ziema"
Quote from: "miss_loocy"Perfect :) I would prefer La Boiserie too, mostly because I don't want to share a studio with just one other person in les Pleiades. If I live with 3 or 5 other people, at least I will like one of them haha :D I wonder if it is possible to do a request? I would like to try to get to stay with my friends too...
The boutiques are themed yes. Like there is a pirate shop and safari shop in adventure land (ugh, I really don't want to
wear a khaki outfit...) and on main street and fantasy land they wear blouses and skirts.

Yeah, from pictures I've seen, it looks so much nicer too, with a separate kitchen and everything! Me and my friend have both requested to live together, and they said they'd see what they can do... I reckon I might be in les pleiades though, because that's written at the top of my contract for some reason :s Does yours have an address at the top?
Ha, a khaki safari outfit would not be cool, a pirate or cowboy outfit or something definitely would. You might swap round and work in different ones anyway though?

Exactly! Where did you request that? Just sent them an e-mail? It's written somewhere in the contracts that they put that address on everyone at the start, just because they don't know where we will be housed yet. So no worries :D
I think we will be assigned to a shop, but if they need people somewhere else I guess they will move us around.

Yeah, me and my friend both just wrote them an email to Noellie asking her, and she said she'd ask the housing people and they'd try their best - so fingers crossed!
Ah yeah... ahem, clearly I read the contract properly.. ha
Suppose that would make sense, yeah. I really want someone to go there and tell me all about it. I'm just too excited. Anyone going in the next month or so?!

miss_loocy

Quote from: "WelshTink"Ahh, I will be starting my contract in FOUR days!! Is anyone else coming for an Easter contract? Also, I'm a bit confused about accomodation. Do you have to share a room in Bosierie? x

Just read your post! Bet you're so excited!
When are you staying till?

SophieBelle

Yeh thats a good idea!!! anyone that is going to Leeds we should all have a little meet up? that way we wont all be as scared!! haha :/ Does anyone have Facebook? that way we will no who where all looking for? haha

Oh course everything that happens on the day we can tell you about!!! always good to have a little heads up before hand!!!  :lol:

Sophiebelle xxxxxxxxxx

Ant

Quote from: "sarastar03"hello!!

I received my DLP contract this morning!! I was wondering if anyone knows where to get your birth certificate translated into french from??? also im starting in May and would love to know someone before i start!!  :D  im so excited wooooo lol

When I got my info last year, I enquired at a local unversity where someone was happy to sort it out for me. I had to fill in the appropiate details myself in french. Provide the translated version to the university and then its confirmed to be an authentic copy of the original. But I hear you can just do it yourself and it'll be ok. (Safe to check this out though)

sarastar03

Quote from: "Ant"

When I got my info last year, I enquired at a local unversity where someone was happy to sort it out for me. I had to fill in the appropiate details myself in french. Provide the translated version to the university and then its confirmed to be an authentic copy of the original. But I hear you can just do it yourself and it'll be ok. (Safe to check this out though)

thank you :D are you going to disneyland again this year?

tinglebells

sarastar03 - I wouldn't worry about the birth certificate as nobody has asked to see it at all during the past 3 days of training!

Ant

Quote from: "sarastar03"
Quote from: "Ant"

thank you :D are you going to disneyland again this year?

You're welcome, I believe(dont quote me on this) that the birth certificate translation is primarily for the health system in France(touch wood) if you end up needing it. My roomate from last year did need it and was very glad he had it sorted when he hurt his back.

Yes I am going back,Next week! My contract starts on the 16th but heading earlier on the 14th to see some friends etc. Maybe i'll see yo there!

CharlottexBelle

Good luck Sophiebelle :)

Anyone going to the London auditions? Don't wanna be there all alone! Last time i found it a lot easier to learn the dance after making friends and helping each other so anyone who's going, maybe give me your facebook and we can meet up? :)

Charlotte :)