Disneyland Paris to close on Saturday 14th November

Started by Alberto Frog, November 14, 2015, 06:35:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alberto Frog

On the official website - closed as a mark of respect.

Jo68

Horrific events unfolded last night. I feel it would be naive to think that such hideous acts against innocent victims and their families won't happen again.
The vile humans that committed these killings and those like them have no regard for sex age nationality or religion.
I am not ashamed to admit I am afraid, I'm afraid of where who and when they strike again I am afraid of what kind of world we are leaving for our children to inherit. I'm afraid of how much more blood will be spilt.
Please stay safe and stay aware

grovesie

the way to increase personal safety is through education, It's not how to recognize what a terrorist looks like but to recognize terrorist behavior.

For those interested have a look at the videos on the CPNI website

disneynutter

My thoughts are with the people of France at this very sad time, enough is enough these vile so called humans need taking down, anybody already in Disneyland please stay safe
Cheyenne 2013
Cheyenne 2014
Disney hotel 2017 can't wait ;)

Thaliel

Understandable, not only out of respect to the victims, but also for security, a place filled with thousands of people, a great oercentage if them children, would be too big an aim for a possible attack. Wherever you are right now, be and stay safe  and pray to whom/whatever you may believe in for the vistims and their families
<-Plz click

mrpiggywinkles52

What do DLP do though realistically, more bag checks? Check everyone's bags? More cameras? They are just such a soft and easy target with the potential to kill so many people. Imagine 5 guys come in with guns, not particularly difficult as far as I'm aware. Think of the places to open up with tons of people cramped in, Main St, the hub, Space Mountain's queue, Place de Remi, Tower of Terror and so many more. Not to mention how many kids are around.

And you know what could make it even more likely, imagine the horror it would cause to the western world if the happiest place on earth got shot up by terrorists. It would really hammer home that nowhere is safe. DLP need to do SOMETHING. What that is though I have no idea.

Mileto

It should be strict measures like at the airports, nothing is safe any more.

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

DisneyRon

The current checks are more than sufficient, ease of access is a prime concern when looking for targets.
Anything that gets in the way of that is already a great deterrent.
No need for more security theatre (because that is what most, if not all, of it is).

Sacrificing personal freedoms for the illusion of safety is not worth it.
In spite of what many seem to think.

Mileto

I read unconfirmed information that DLP will stay closed till 17th of November.

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP

rebecca20

DisneyRon I fail to see how you think the current checks are sufficient. As a lawyer I regularly have to go to Courts and Government buildings and they ALL have metal detectors and bag checks - even for workers. It wouldn't exactly be a huge effort to do this - look at pretty much all the tourist attractions in New York and even some in London. At the least it would stop people getting guns into the parks.

At the moment you could literally get away with carrying a bomb in your backpack - I saw someone go through the 'no bag' line with one and security were oblivious. I know the hotels are a loop hole but how hard would it be to put a 24/7 search in place - not very. Considering how much money we pay for our holidays!!!! Obviously people will always find a way to get around the system but currently it's literally a free for all which is insane.

Mileto - staff haven't heard that yet as my close friend is a CM but I will let you know as she heard about the park closure and was asked to go in today for the hotels only before it was published.
♥ Disneyland Paris 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2011, 2015 ♥ Disney World Florida 2009 ♥ Disneyland California 2008 ♥

Next Visit: DLP March 2016.

Mileto

Thank you, Rebecca20, would appreciate it!

You are right about lacking security.

bad-pink-tink

I just tweet @DLPToday who is posting updates from Disney Village

hi, am seeing rumours of the park not opening Sunday or Monday, any info about this?

@DLPToday
Nothing announced yet and no information on the ground. I'll tweet as soon as there's something official.
When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

DisneyRon

Quote from: rebecca20 on November 14, 2015, 07:57:22 PM
DisneyRon I fail to see how you think the current checks are sufficient. As a lawyer I regularly have to go to Courts and Government buildings and they ALL have metal detectors and bag checks - even for workers. It wouldn't exactly be a huge effort to do this - look at pretty much all the tourist attractions in New York and even some in London. At the least it would stop people getting guns into the parks.

At the moment you could literally get away with carrying a bomb in your backpack - I saw someone go through the 'no bag' line with one and security were oblivious. I know the hotels are a loop hole but how hard would it be to put a 24/7 search in place - not very. Considering how much money we pay for our holidays!!!! Obviously people will always find a way to get around the system but currently it's literally a free for all which is insane.

Mileto - staff haven't heard that yet as my close friend is a CM but I will let you know as she heard about the park closure and was asked to go in today for the hotels only before it was published.

I think you failed to see my point. My point is not necessarily that security as it is, is sufficient.
It is that the current security situation is literally Security Theatre.

This does not work against a determined attacker, and increasing the current presence would accomplish exactly nothing. It is only there to give visitors the feeling that something is being done, a false sense of security, little more.

That is all Security Theatre is, the TSA at American airports is a prime example.

This year alone they have failed to spot 95% of dummy targets introduced by Homeland Security.
http://www.latimes.com/opinion/topoftheticket/la-na-tt-tsa-airport-security-charade-20150608-story.html (and many more stories like it)
Their presence accomplishes exactly nothing, other than providing a false sense of security while deteriorating people's rights.

If you think that entry security at the Disney Parks is anything else, then I'm afraid you are mistaken.

There is always the call from people to do something when something horrible like this occurs, but the reality is, there is very little that can be done. A determined attacker will find a way, regardless of how draconian your security measures become. So you might as well not bother.

But measures like this help the public feel safe, even if it is essentially pointless.
The perception of something being done is often enough, even if the efficacy is questionable at best.
Just do not let it go too far (and the TSA is a good example of taking it too far).

diogo3232

I've come to France only  to visit DLP and I couldn't do anything. From friday night until monday when we'll be leaving, the only option is stay ar the hotel and spend money at disney stores.

The security issue is bull****, there are thousands of people at Disney village, if anything could happen it could be there too.

The time spent here can't be back, but the money does, and I can't expect anything different. Clients should have some respect too.

Zee79

It has been announced on InsideDLParis that Disney is to remain closed until Nov 17th, no other confirmation though.