Checking in early

Started by Pugritz, November 01, 2015, 09:50:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pugritz

Hi everyone,

I was just wondering whether anyone had experience with checking in early into the Disney Hotels (we will be staying at Hotel New York) - specifically to get into your room early? We are due to arrive around 10am and would love to be able to go to our room (and not just check in and leave the luggage).

If you do - would you recommend calling the hotel before to ask whether it's possible to have the room ready then or to just turn up and ask?

Many thanks in advance!

littlebitofpixiedust

Quote from: Pugritz on November 01, 2015, 09:50:19 PM
Hi everyone,

I was just wondering whether anyone had experience with checking in early into the Disney Hotels (we will be staying at Hotel New York) - specifically to get into your room early? We are due to arrive around 10am and would love to be able to go to our room (and not just check in and leave the luggage).

If you do - would you recommend calling the hotel before to ask whether it's possible to have the room ready then or to just turn up and ask?

Many thanks in advance!

Ok, so that's pretty early to check in its highly doubtful that your room will be ready? But I would email the hotel a week before arrival (I've done so for other queries and requests) and ask if this is possible. I havnt got HNY email address but I found sequioa lodge/Santa fe/DLH in the past using "google" so it's worth a go! Let us know  :)

We have checked in early man times but usually only one hour before check-in starts most times our room has been ready I think twice it wasn't and we visit DLP very regulary.

rebecca20

We have in the Disney Hotel every stay. Didn't ring ahead just took it for granted that if empty and cleaned we would get in. Also got late check-out for free.

Found it bizarre waiting til 3 in Sequoia Lodge, made it harder for the check-in staff if anything.

To be honest I can see why they couldn't always guarantee it but its so strictly enforced it puts me off hotels that don't allow early check-in and late check-out. Once in New York (peak season central Hilton hotel) we asked to stay for an extra hour in the room and the lady asked when our flight was - she let us have til 6pm - I always recommend the hotel solely based on that. ;D
♥ Disneyland Paris 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2011, 2015 ♥ Disney World Florida 2009 ♥ Disneyland California 2008 ♥

Next Visit: DLP March 2016.

tigger1974

Rebecca20,

I stayed at the Sequoia between 14-18 September this year and I got to the hotel just after 11am, I was able to check straight in and was able to get straight into the room as it was ready.  I personally think it is purely down to luck.  The 9 times I've stayed on site, I've always been able to check straight in (I have had to wait for the room though) but maybe I've just been very fortunate.

I would suggest if you have an early flight and you get to the hotel before the 3pm stated time just try and check in - they can only say no. Good luck!

TTFN
'05 Santa Fe
'07 Newport Bay
'08 Santa Fe
'09 Disneyland Hotel
'10 Santa Fe
'12 Sequoia Lodge
'13 Santa Fe
'14 New York
'15 Sequoia Lodge
'17 Sequoia Lodge (Golden Forest)
'19 Santa Fe
I also visited in '98, '00, '02 & '03 and stayed offsite

rebecca20

Oh we could check in - I meant wait for the room til 3pm.

It's never been a huge issue it's just the little touches like not standing waiting for 20 minutes to get my room key that pleases me and yes we arrived at 2:40pm to be told to wait til 3pm.
♥ Disneyland Paris 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2011, 2015 ♥ Disney World Florida 2009 ♥ Disneyland California 2008 ♥

Next Visit: DLP March 2016.

Pugritz

Thank you everyone for your answers! I do also think it is down to luck, maybe even depends on what time of the year you're going and how busy it is. A while ago we stayed at Santa Fe and were able to go to our room at 11am but when we stayed at Newport Bay more recently we were told we had to wait until 3pm...

I was just wondering (/hoping) whether there was some kind of strategy but I guess we will leave it up to fate :)

Zee79

We always seem to arrive between 12-1pm & rooms have already been ready. Check in time has varied from 40mins to a 5 min wait. I think it is luck of the draw.

stifle

This comes down to how busy the hotel is and how many guests are checking in and out that day. Ask politely at reception whether a room might be ready – the CM will accommodate you if possible but remember you have no entitlement so if the answer is no, accept it gracefully.

Peaadina

hello,

we have stayed in the HNY 4 times previously - about to be the 5th and always get the earliest flight. The earliest we get into the room has been around 2... unfortunately - although they always say 3
It is always worth heading back to the hotel around 2 and see if the room is ready.
We got in really early once as there had been a Metro strike!

However you can leave your bags in the hotel and head off to the Villiage or Park. My husband isnt a great flyer so we used the time to chill out & have some lunch :)

Sequioa Lodge Dec 2007
Sequioa Lodge Dec 2008
Hotel New York Dec 2009
Hotel New York Dec 2010
Hotel New York Dec 2011
Hotel New York Dec 2014
Hotel New York Dec 2015