Wifi in the park launching Summer '16

Started by arvidbux, October 15, 2015, 03:04:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stifle

Quote from: Remco K. on October 28, 2015, 08:55:12 AM
As of this week, Disney's Hotel Santa Fé also provides WiFi. This service is free of charge and offered by all 7 Disney hotels. Free WiFi is also available at part of Disney Village and the bar at Golf Disneyland.

Only the parks are yet to follow. :)
There was always free wifi at the Hotels. Cheyenne and Santa Fé only provided it in the main building – is that what's changed so that it's now available in the rooms?

Remco K.

Quote from: stifle on October 28, 2015, 10:24:26 PM
Quote from: Remco K. on October 28, 2015, 08:55:12 AM
As of this week, Disney's Hotel Santa Fé also provides WiFi. This service is free of charge and offered by all 7 Disney hotels. Free WiFi is also available at part of Disney Village and the bar at Golf Disneyland.

Only the parks are yet to follow. :)
There was always free wifi at the Hotels. Cheyenne and Santa Fé only provided it in the main building – is that what's changed so that it's now available in the rooms?
Sorry for the confusion, it's indeed available in the rooms. :)

DisneyGagaChick

Summer?! Guess I'll be paying for a huge phone bill when I go in February  :o :-X

stifle

Per above, if possible switch to 3 or get a pay as you go SIM from them. They don't charge roaming fees in France.

Thaliel

I am worried that this will cause even more "smombies" to appear. People having their face stuck to their martphone displays are already big trouble, as they tend to blindly run into others etc.
<-Plz click

DisneyGagaChick

Quote from: stifle on November 04, 2015, 07:14:33 PM
Per above, if possible switch to 3 or get a pay as you go SIM from them. They don't charge roaming fees in France.

Ah, thanks! :D

stifle

Just to update, there was no wifi available in the Cheyenne or Santa Fe hotels last week during my visit, except in the reception buildings.

Mileto

Update from me - Wifi in SL was superb - everywhere!

And I could catch "Disney" Wifi without additional registration at Cafe Hyperion, while watching Jedi Academy and drinking hot chocolate.

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

True-lifeadventures

It's really useful having wifi in WDW so you can back up photos direct from you phone or on your laptop when you get back to the hotel room. In DLP it's great to be able to use my phone like normal as I'm on 3 Mobile. It means we can check wait times and see who's about on Instagram / Twitter ect.
It also means that we can Periscope from the park which is awesome. Once Wifi is in the park hopefully it will mean lots more people will start doing this too and I'll be able to watch from home.

The only negative I ever find is when I'm in a que and get board. I end up looking though social feeds and the like, but you fall into your 'Phone routine' and i've caught myself checking work emails!! It made me want to throw my phone into The Rivers of the Far West!!
Click the image below to visit our Vlog channel

WDW - Sept 2013. DLP - Dec 2013. DLP - Dec 2014. DLC - May 2015. DLP - Nov 2015. DLP - Jan 2016. WDW - Sept 2016