What to expect - Halloween

Started by lindavdende, September 19, 2015, 09:01:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptainKennySparrow

Quote from: Karen101 on September 24, 2015, 02:14:04 PM
as i said i wasn't sure if the park closed or not, as we weren't in there, but i knew the actual even didn't start till 8 or so.

However, i do know last year there were lots of rides open, most of them in fantasy land, peter pan, small world etc were all open.  Space Mountain was open, big Thunder Mountain, Phantom manor, Pirates etc were all open, and there was lost of extra shows, Minnie's pirate show was a great one for us given our daughters age.  As for ride times, i can categorically say - and i can only go from our personal experience - we had no long waiting times for rides, the max was phantom manor which was 1 hour, we walked onto small world twice in a row with our little one.

there was loads of Villains around too, we have pictures with plenty of them :) they were all around the circle of thorns in fantasy land and it was great timing for us.

you will have a ball :)

as i said all the above was only my personal experience and opinion, so maybe others have gone and haven't been as lucky.

WOW sounds like you have had a brilliant time!! My family cant wait to go! The two main rides we want to go on during the halloween night are Pirates of the caribbean and Phantom manner.

When you went did you see lots of guests dressed up? :)
Take what you can....give nothing back.

twentythingamabobs

I agree with Karen101 100%! That is definitely how we have always found Halloween Soiree, it is an amazing night you will LOVE it!! I think probably 95% of the people attending the soiree were dressed up, the atmosphere is unbelievable. So jealous, I am seriously upset we can't go this year!

Karen101

it was fantastic :) so atmospheric we loved it :) i would go again this year if i could but sadly have other commitments and wont be back in Disney till July next year :)

i would agree with twentythingamabobs i would say about 90 to 95 % of people were dressed up in some shape or form :) some of the costumes were fantastic and the kids all looked fabby :)

CaptainKennySparrow

Quote from: Karen101 on September 24, 2015, 04:46:42 PM
it was fantastic :) so atmospheric we loved it :) i would go again this year if i could but sadly have other commitments and wont be back in Disney till July next year :)

i would agree with twentythingamabobs i would say about 90 to 95 % of people were dressed up in some shape or form :) some of the costumes were fantastic and the kids all looked fabby :)

Awwww can't wait!! You have both got me excited now!! My family and I are going as a band of pirates haha this is me outfit here so will be getting lots of pics on the Pirates of the Caribbean ride!!

[attachment deleted by admin]
Take what you can....give nothing back.

rebecca20

If anyone went during Halloween last year - did you see Stitch / Angel? and if so where (I know every post on here is about finding Angel but I'm desperate!  ;D )
♥ Disneyland Paris 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2011, 2015 ♥ Disney World Florida 2009 ♥ Disneyland California 2008 ♥

Next Visit: DLP March 2016.

Cheshire_Cat01

Stitch had an meet and greet point with minnie on mainstreet (near the entrance). I have only seen Angel during the halloween party as a DJ in discoveryland. I can't remember her doing meet and greets.

rebecca20

Thanks Cheshire Cat - It does hint on the website stitch is doing a meet and greet in the morning. If it's with Minnie that would be amazing!!! Think this has to be the most impromptu trip ever... booking Monday to go on the 12th October.
♥ Disneyland Paris 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2011, 2015 ♥ Disney World Florida 2009 ♥ Disneyland California 2008 ♥

Mimi Arc en ciel

Does Goofy still give out sweets ? My kids loved this

DLPWonders (Banned)

Quote from: rebecca20 on September 25, 2015, 11:19:57 PM
Thanks Cheshire Cat - It does hint on the website stitch is doing a meet and greet in the morning. If it's with Minnie that would be amazing!!! Think this has to be the most impromptu trip ever... booking Monday to go on the 12th October.

It's not with Minnie.
Stitch does meets in the morning and Minnie in the afternoon.
He's in this costume (my own photo from last year):

°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

DLPWonders (Banned)

Quote from: Mimi Arc en ciel on September 30, 2015, 04:32:43 PM
Does Goofy still give out sweets ? My kids loved this

He does sometimes. Last year they definitely didnt hand out as much candy as earlier years.
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

rebecca20

Thanks DLRPWonders - Stitch looks so adorable. Every holiday it's my goal to have a photo with him and I've never failed yet. Despite the fact in June I nearly had a breakdown on the last day during Stars in Cars when they changed the car formation round!

Can't believe Goofy hands out sweets - such a dilemma as I am mentally scarred from childhood of Goofy himself, but I do love a free sweet ;D

MichaelTanzer91

And still news on the revival of Terrorific Night for this year's Halloween at the Walt Disney Studios?

DLPWonders (Banned)

Quote from: MichaelTanzer91 on October 09, 2015, 02:44:13 AM
And still news on the revival of Terrorific Night for this year's Halloween at the Walt Disney Studios?

Yes, that news broke a long time ago.
There is no Terrorific Night, nor will it ever return.